What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » The Jerkstore  » First and First - The Nexus of the Universe  » What Do You Mean My Sig Is Boxes?» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (9): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 next » ... last »Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page What Do You Mean My Sig Is Boxes?
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
11-02-2007 10:48 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I CAN'T BELIEVE NECRO WAS ONE-UPPED!

What do you have to say for yourself?
11-02-2007 10:57 PMFreeze is offline Send an Email to Freeze Search for Posts by Freeze Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Well I plan to use the language as a career thing, so it's not just "I GOTTA LEARN NIHONGO SO I CAN PLAY JP GAMEZ"

Quote by Necro:
there's this cookie cutter life that people expect you to have and once you hit your 20s you're supposed to be somewhere in the middle of it

i ate the dough

11-02-2007 10:58 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

one upped.. at what? Laughing Out Loud

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:
Necro: Pfft. You're a useless waste of oxygen.

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
Political Correctness Needs to Stop
08/27/2015

11-02-2007 10:58 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Originally posted by Smithy
Well I plan to use the language as a career thing, so it's not just "I GOTTA LEARN NIHONGO SO I CAN PLAY JP GAMEZ"

Really? The only career I know of where Japanese would be useful is a field of business that regularly deals with Japanese customers.
11-02-2007 10:59 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Teo torriate konomama iko
Aisuruhito yo
Shizukana yoi ni
Hikario tomoshi
Itoshiki oshieo idaki

japanese never sounded better I rock.

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

11-02-2007 11:01 PMFreeze is offline Send an Email to Freeze Search for Posts by Freeze Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Is that Queen in Japanese? Laughing Out Loud

Also I don't plan to stay in America, so by career I meant move to Japan and work there

Quote by Necro:
there's this cookie cutter life that people expect you to have and once you hit your 20s you're supposed to be somewhere in the middle of it

i ate the dough

11-02-2007 11:03 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

yeah it's a verse from teo torriate, their tribute to their japanese fans ;D

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

11-02-2007 11:03 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Originally posted by Smithy
Is that Queen in Japanese? Laughing Out Loud

Also I don't plan to stay in America, so by career I meant move to Japan and work there

Well, if you absolutely insist on being a second class citizen, heh. Going to teach English...?
11-02-2007 11:05 PMFreeze is offline Send an Email to Freeze Search for Posts by Freeze Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Oh right, that was actually in the song :sweatdrop:

Yeah, Queen is huge over there, I know the guy who made Guilty Gear (Daisuke Ishiwatari) is obsessed with them

Quote by Necro:

i ate the dough

11-02-2007 11:06 PMFreeze is offline Send an Email to Freeze Search for Posts by Freeze Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Originally posted by X-sah
Well, if you absolutely insist on being a second class citizen, heh. Going to teach English...?

Meh, I'm willing to be a gaijin if it means I can do what I really wanna do

Also, yeah, teach English is one of my options

Quote by Necro:

i ate the dough

11-02-2007 11:06 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

There's a ton of references to Queen in Guilty Gear, yes. Not sure where else they were mentioned, I think Big O has a reference.
11-02-2007 11:10 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

queen was big everywhere in the world with the exception of maybe the US, especially so in the 80s

yasumi matsuno is a queen fan too. *cough* ogre battle *cough*

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

11-02-2007 11:12 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Gah, how did I forget Ogre Battle.

That reminds me... the subtitle for the N64 game is 'Person of Lordly Caliber'... is that even a reference?
11-02-2007 11:13 PMFreeze is offline Send an Email to Freeze Search for Posts by Freeze Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I only ever played Ogre Battle 64 =\

Quote by Necro:

i ate the dough

11-02-2007 11:14 PMDiglett is offline Send an Email to Diglett Search for Posts by Diglett Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

The dude who made Gulity Gear is a Rock fan period. The entire game is seeped with Rock lore, From Sol's love of Queen to movelists. Been meaning to get Accent Core.
11-02-2007 11:14 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I'd try to netplay it with Hol, but I would probably lag like shit. Can't even emulate Pokemon Puzzle League acceptably.
11-02-2007 11:16 PMFreeze is offline Send an Email to Freeze Search for Posts by Freeze Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I have yet to try Accent Core, Slash was pretty awesome though, Order Sol was interesting

Quote by Necro:

i ate the dough

This post has been edited; it was last edited by Freeze: 11-02-2007 11:16 PM.

11-02-2007 11:18 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

person of lordly calibur is not a queen reference, but matsuno wasn't involved in ogre battle 64. still, it's impossible for that series to not reference queen considering it was named after a queen song

and yeah the creator of guilty gear likes rock in general, though i think there probably are more queen references in general in the series if wikipedia is to be believed

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

11-02-2007 11:19 PMDiglett is offline Send an Email to Diglett Search for Posts by Diglett Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

"GUNNFLAAAAME"

"BANDEET REVOLVAH"

Ky is annoying though.

I can't recall all the little injokes with Rock lore in that game. I recall Ky's super being Ride the Lightning. Which is a bitching song, I think.
11-02-2007 11:19 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

point is, queen is awesome I rock.

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

Pages (9): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 next » ... last »« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » The Jerkstore  » First and First - The Nexus of the Universe  » What Do You Mean My Sig Is Boxes?