What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » The Jerkstore  » First and First - The Nexus of the Universe  » What Do You Mean My Sig Is Boxes?» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (9): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] 5 6 next » ... last »Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page What Do You Mean My Sig Is Boxes?
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
11-02-2007 11:21 PMDiglett is offline Send an Email to Diglett Search for Posts by Diglett Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Damn right. I need to grab more of their Albums. I am unfortunately only with one Album which is their Greatest Hits..I always enjoy hearing all the songs that aren't supposed Great hits.
11-02-2007 11:22 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Originally posted by New Model No. 15
person of lordly calibur is not a queen reference, but matsuno wasn't involved in ogre battle 64. still, it's impossible for that series to not reference queen considering it was named after a queen song

Let me guess, he's not involvred in any OB game after Tactics Ogre, is he.
11-02-2007 11:25 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

yeah tactics ogre was the last game matsuno was involved with

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:
Necro: Pfft. You're a useless waste of oxygen.

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
Political Correctness Needs to Stop
08/27/2015

11-02-2007 11:26 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

i personally don't really like greatest hits albums. i guess they're nice because it puts together all the songs that everyone knows but i don't like being told what a bands best material is. plus i like alot of songs that weren't singles too

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

11-02-2007 11:27 PMDiglett is offline Send an Email to Diglett Search for Posts by Diglett Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Yeah, I agree. Which was why I was trying to find a actual album of Queen but no dice.
11-02-2007 11:29 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

no music stores nearby?

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

11-02-2007 11:30 PMDiglett is offline Send an Email to Diglett Search for Posts by Diglett Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

If you mean dedicated places, then not really. We got FYE..which is a bunch of overpriced crap.

Besides that..Wal-Mart..Best-Buy..
11-02-2007 11:31 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Originally posted by New Model No. 15
i personally don't really like greatest hits albums. i guess they're nice because it puts together all the songs that everyone knows but i don't like being told what a bands best material is. plus i like alot of songs that weren't singles too

Yeah, if you're talking internet based albums, you should look for discographies.
11-02-2007 11:32 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

uggggggh walmart

fucking useless store for cds. i was there on the weekend and found some weird queen compilation cd i had never seen before

ugh

i did find Bad for $10 though Laughing Out Loud

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

11-02-2007 11:33 PMDiglett is offline Send an Email to Diglett Search for Posts by Diglett Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

It's possible to find the odd gold nugget amongst Wal-Mart..yes. Best Buy is a bit better about CD's..but I haven't found any Queen besides the Greatest Hits..I'll give a look next time.

Recommend any albums?
11-02-2007 11:38 PMFreeze is offline Send an Email to Freeze Search for Posts by Freeze Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Wal-mart is shit not only for albums but for everything

Quote by Necro:
there's this cookie cutter life that people expect you to have and once you hit your 20s you're supposed to be somewhere in the middle of it

i ate the dough

11-02-2007 11:41 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

'm not sure ifd I have ever walked into a Walmart. Kmart yes, Walmart no.
11-02-2007 11:44 PMFreeze is offline Send an Email to Freeze Search for Posts by Freeze Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Totally different marts

Quote by Necro:
there's this cookie cutter life that people expect you to have and once you hit your 20s you're supposed to be somewhere in the middle of it

i ate the dough

11-02-2007 11:44 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

for the most part, they're all pretty good.

their first two albums aren't bad (I actually really like quite a few tracks from Queen II), but it wasn't until Sheer Heart Attack that they started producing more polished numbers. all the albums from the 70s after and including Sheer Heart Attack are all good

this includes: A Night at the Opera, A Day at the Races, News of the World and Jazz. honestly, i don't think you could go wrong with any of those albums.

80s queen is really good too but they had a more poprock sound in that decade. best bet from the 80s is The Game, which is also their best selling album. chances are you've heard a few of it's tracks already though. the works and the miracle are both pretty good too with the range between the songs you'd expect from queen. i'm not so much into a kind of magic though, it's not bad but.. yeah.

then from the 80s there's hot space which i'd recommend staying away from. i actually like the album alot, but it's queen's least queen-ish album and if you don't know what you're getting into, you might really dislike it. the only track most people know from it is under pressure.

innuendo is good too but that's probably hard to find.

so yeah, recommendations? probably something from the A night to the opera period - the game, so that includes:

a night at the opera
a day at the races
news of the world
jazz
the game

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

11-02-2007 11:45 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

No yoiu can't ask for any of that here, ahahhaha.
11-03-2007 5:41 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I love Hot Space. *wearing the shirt right now*

Necro: its hard to belive he doesn't do drugs

11-03-2007 4:34 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

so do i. it's just not the first studio album of queen that i'd recommend to anybody ;o

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

11-03-2007 4:40 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Well fuck anybody. ;o

11-03-2007 11:40 PMNine XXVI is offline Send an Email to Nine XXVI Search for Posts by Nine XXVI Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Oh, the moonspeak.
Peace.

11-03-2007 11:45 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

It hurts

Pages (9): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] 5 6 next » ... last »« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » The Jerkstore  » First and First - The Nexus of the Universe  » What Do You Mean My Sig Is Boxes?