What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » The Jerkstore  » Covfefe  » Nine I have a question» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Nine I have a question
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
04-30-2007 2:14 AMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Okay. So..I checked PCF, and there was this thread there called "eureka seven is over!". And I tried clicking it, and it produced a message saying something about contacting an administrator. So initially I thought they'd finally banned me, but apparently they haven't. And now said thread isn't there, I wanted to make some cutting remark about emo robots surfboarding in the sky, and now I cant.

So yeah if you know what happened, please explain, does PCF suddenly now have a collective hardon for that series which I've never watched? I'd have asked D but he's consorted with fag hag so who knows what lie he'd feed me. You're like the only member of that forum I trust (hollow and X are excluded since I count them more as just peripheral members of pcf). Whereas you and I are like the crockett and tubbs of PCF cause I'm white and you're black.

Also with that last comment I'm referencing the original series miami vice, and not the movie, cause I hear the movie wasn't that good.

Social Credit score: Negative 1997

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

04-30-2007 2:17 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

They moved the thread into the Eureka Seven thread just as you clicked, producing an error. Check the Eureka Seven thread.
04-30-2007 2:19 AMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Originally posted by X-sah
They moved the thread into the Eureka Seven thread just as you clicked, producing an error. Check the Eureka Seven thread.

Well fuck them. I want to gloat about it being over. I hate like every animu on that programming block, if they dont show the apparent third series of ghost in the shell (ghost in the shell being like the only good japanese cartoon ever aired on adult swim) they should just drop anime.

Also, nine and I are still like...undercover narcotics cops on PCF. We'll eventually break down fag-hag's door wielding shotguns and it'll be vaguely legal.

double edit: Why did you check that anyway. Eureka 7 from what I hear of it is just some animu rip off of the movie solaris (and I mean the Tarkovsky movie, fuck Soderberghs attempt at it, I liked traffic, but you leave Tarkovsky's work the hell alone)

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Alizarin:

04-30-2007 2:23 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I think it'll be legal for her smuggling bootleg yaoi doujins (the penises which are usually blurred out are now crudely drawn on in MSPaint).

Descartes: An optimist may see a light where there is none, but why must the pessimist always run to blow it out?

04-30-2007 2:26 AMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Originally posted by Scaramanga
I think it'll be legal for her smuggling bootleg yaoi doujins (the penises which are usually blurred out are now crudely drawn on in MSPaint).

Nine. Hollow just said we have probable cause, and from what I understand she somehow works for the government.

Time for an awesome raid and gunfight!

Quote by Alizarin:

04-30-2007 2:26 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Originally posted by Sharpshooter005
Quote:

double edit: Why did you check that anyway. Eureka 7 from what I hear of it is just some animu rip off of the movie solaris (and I mean the Tarkovsky movie, fuck Soderberghs attempt at it, I liked traffic, but you leave Tarkovsky's work the hell alone)

I checked it because of this thread, to see what was going on.
04-30-2007 2:28 AMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I checked it because of this thread, to see what was going on.

Well I MADE the thread and I didn't even check..so..yeah.

Oh don't give me that "I'M A PSYCHOLOGY MAJOR WE RESEARCH THINGS", listen albino Im a history major we go and read the diaries/journals/accounts of the DEAD. So yeah don't think you have the upper hand.

Quote by Alizarin:

04-30-2007 2:32 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Huh? Psychology persons can read the diaries of daed people to determine if they were disturbed.
04-30-2007 2:33 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

X-sah really..you need more sleep or something?

Descartes: An optimist may see a light where there is none, but why must the pessimist always run to blow it out?

04-30-2007 2:37 AMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Huh? Psychology persons can read the diaries of daed people to determine if they were disturbed.

....Well screw you, I get to deal with warfare with the major I have...so...yeah.

Quote by Alizarin:

04-30-2007 2:39 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
X-sah really..you need more sleep or something?

Hm? Oh, daed?

Honestly that results from my left finger that I put on the shift key also apparently figuring that it should also process 'A' independent of my actual typing finger. Thus, fun ensues.
04-30-2007 3:33 AMNine XXVI is offline Send an Email to Nine XXVI Search for Posts by Nine XXVI Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Okay. So..I checked PCF, and there was this thread there called "eureka seven is over!". And I tried clicking it, and it produced a message saying something about contacting an administrator. So initially I thought they'd finally banned me, but apparently they haven't. And now said thread isn't there, I wanted to make some cutting remark about emo robots surfboarding in the sky, and now I cant.

So yeah if you know what happened, please explain, does PCF suddenly now have a collective hardon for that series which I've never watched? I'd have asked D but he's consorted with fag hag so who knows what lie he'd feed me. You're like the only member of that forum I trust (hollow and X are excluded since I count them more as just peripheral members of pcf). Whereas you and I are like the crockett and tubbs of PCF cause I'm white and you're black.

Also with that last comment I'm referencing the original series miami vice, and not the movie, cause I hear the movie wasn't that good.

...I just saw the thread now. And I think X is right, they merged the new thread into the actual one. Hell, I still think you should do it. I've been mocking it and talking about it all at once so have at you.

Oh and good, because I was afraid you were making a reference to the new movie of Miami Vice. And if so, I really, really couldn't have you running around like a bootleg Colin Farrell. One is bad enough. Also, I was thinking of the Rod Stieger and Sidney Poiter characters from In the Heat of the Night. That would be awesome.

Quote:
Well fuck them. I want to gloat about it being over. I hate like every animu on that programming block, if they dont show the apparent third series of ghost in the shell (ghost in the shell being like the only good japanese cartoon ever aired on adult swim) they should just drop anime.

Also, nine and I are still like...undercover narcotics cops on PCF. We'll eventually break down fag-hag's door wielding shotguns and it'll be vaguely legal.

Solid State Society is the Ghost in the Shell: SAC film that came out last year and yeah, [adult swim] needs to show that. And its pretty much a fact that Stand Alone Complex was the last good thing that block showed.

Remember that one scene from Training Day where Denzel Washington and Ethan Hawke break into a woman's home, claiming they have a warrant and Washington is looking for a handout of drugs in one of his crooked schemes and then the warrant hs has turns out to be nothing but a Chinese take-out menu?

Yeah, Sharpie and I operate in the same way. We break into LiveJournals with warrants that are nothing but cleverly disgused memes and claming that we'll plant some evidence and come up with some charges on suckers after we bust and arrest them.

Also, you know the closings of Boston Legal with James Spader and William Shatner sitting at the balcony smoking cigars? Yeah, throw that in there somewhere too as well. One more thing, Steven Soderbergh is awesome and Traffic should have beat Gladiator for Best Picture. I'm just saying.

Quote:
Quote:

Nine. Hollow just said we have probable cause, and from what I understand she somehow works for the government.

Time for an awesome raid and gunfight!

*kicks down door with extreme prejudice and looking kickass while doing it*

PUT THE YAOI DOWN BITCH!

PUT THE YAOI... PUT THE FUCKING YAOI DOWN! AND... D? WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING HERE? NEVER MIND! EVERYBODY UP ON THE FUCKING WALL NOW! SHARPIE, QUIK PLANT THE EVIDENCE AND...

...CBK! DID I FUCKING SAY YOU CAN TALK?!

*punches her in the mouth*

I'VE HAD ENOUGH OF YOUR SHIT! YOU'RE GOING AWAY FROM A LONG FUCKING TIME! WE GOT BOXES OF MANGA, EVIDENCE, OTHER CRUDE DRAWINGS TO PORVE THAT YOU'RE... YOU'RE... WELL, WE'LL COME UP WITH THAT LATER!

GET THE FUCK UP! WHAT, YOU THOUGHT YOU WERE GOING TO THE /B/ HUH? THE DESU AND BULLSHIT? FUCK YOU! FUCK YOU, AND WE'RE FUCKING ARRESTING YOU!

...yeah, it'd go something like that pretty much.

Also to remark on the end of Eureka Seven again, take the End of Evangelion movie. Shorten the whole thing down to 15 minutes, take out the entire death and apathy aspect of it and replace it with love and family. Next after letting it cool for a couple of seconds, replace the Evangelions with a talking mecha called Nirvash that surfs around and saves the Universe. And for the all-important flavor as well, add in a bunch of hippies and the ending theme of the Summer of Love event to finish it off.

There! That's basically the end of Eureka Seven. In its defense, some of the characters were cool but surprise, surprise, they were killed off a long time ago. There was this one hippie couple named after Ray Charles that also worked as a mercernary tag team as well. The guy's body even exploded in one episode as well. Other than that, the show barely made any fucking sense, even in the terms of anime. So yeah.
Peace.

04-30-2007 4:55 AMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Also, I was thinking of the Rod Stieger and Sidney Poiter characters from In the Heat of the Night.

I mainly remember watching the t.v. series which was based on it, which had carrol o'conner in it I'm pretty sure (the guy who played archie bunker on all in the family), but I've seen the actual movie...I also think I've seen "they call me mister tibbs" or at least some of it.

Quote:
Solid State Society is the Ghost in the Shell: SAC film

It wasn't a third season? Well that sucks.

Quote:
Training Day

That was a good movie, then again I can't think of a movie Denzel Washington was in which was really bad...cause everything I've seen him in, he's one of those actors which even if the movie itself has problems, his acting in it sort of elevates it.

edit: Also, again, I had a feeling eureka seven was just a weak-ass ripoff of solaris due to the whole water planet mimicing peoples thoughts thing...and yeah, the whole talking mech thing sort of reinforces my theory

Quote by Alizarin:

04-30-2007 4:57 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

NUCLEAR EYE LASER
04-30-2007 5:11 AMNine XXVI is offline Send an Email to Nine XXVI Search for Posts by Nine XXVI Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Quote:
Solid State Society is the Ghost in the Shell: SAC film

It wasn't a third season? Well that sucks.

Nope, straight up movie. With Togusa as the Major of Section 9 and Motoko retired and a terrorist called the Solid State Society I believe. I watched like the first five minutes of it on YouTube but I need to watch the whole thing eventually... and with subtitles this time around.

Also, I'm listening to the main theme of it right now "Player". And how it kicks ass. But then again, all of GITS themes do. There's also novels (actually novels Sharpie, no "picture book/comic books" or anything like that. It has like, words and stuff) based off of Stand Alone Complex which I try to read everytime I go to Borders, and that's not too bad as well.

Quote:
Quote:
Training Day

That was a good movie, then again I can't think of a movie Denzel Washington was in which was really bad...cause everything I've seen him in, he's one of those actors which even if the movie itself has problems, his acting in it sort of elevates it.

edit: Also, again, I had a feeling eureka seven was just a weak-ass ripoff of solaris due to the whole water planet mimicing peoples thoughts thing...and yeah, the whole talking mech thing sort of reinforces my theory

See my thing with Training Day is this; it was a good movie yeah that shows the aspect of how the police, especially the LAPD, can be corrupt and Washington's performance in it was damn good. But really, he shouldn't have won the Oscar for that though. It should have gone to Russell Crowe for A Beautiful Mind and Washington should have won for Malcolm X. Its... nitpicking with something that doesn't really have anything to do with the film in itself but yeah.

Also, I like the scene where Washington was shot in the ass. Lol.

Also Eureka Seven wasn't that bad really. I mean it had major problems, which anime these days doesn't, but overall it was alright. Its just that the whole "having hippies save the physical universe with surfing mechas" just didn't come out right and let alone what it looked like on paper. And the whole saving the universe thing came from completely nowhere, like DBZ in a way but worse. At least the characters weren't bad though.

And I need to look up this Solaris movie it seems.
Peace.

04-30-2007 6:30 AMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Washington should have won for Malcolm X.

He was great in that too (for a while HBO was running it alot, so I saw it at least twice), again, I have trouble thinking of a movie that he was in where he wasn't great in it.

Quote:
And I need to look up this Solaris movie it seems.

I'd say go look for the tarkovsky one, but then again I've just seen like...four of his movies, partially due to the fact we watched them in the russian class in high school that I took (the only one I own is andrei rublev, I'd buy stalker but I only have found it for sale online and the last time I checked it was like...30 dollars, then again that was a few years ago).

Also yeah if I remember correctly, solaris is also 30 dollars or so on amazon.com, so yeah.

edit: And the last time I tried playing the andrei rublov dvd, it had issues..so either that was someones computer or I fucked up the dvd. If I fucked up the dvd I probably have to hunt myself down.

Quote by Alizarin:

04-30-2007 8:04 AMMav is offline Send an Email to Mav Homepage of Mav Search for Posts by Mav Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Originally posted by Nine-Pac
One more thing, Steven Soderbergh is awesome and Traffic should have beat Gladiator for Best Picture.

Motherfucking this.

I like Gladiator a lot (the opening war sequence is badass), but there is no reason why it beat Traffic for best pic.

EDIT: Also, how the fuck did Edward Norton get beat out for Best Actor (for American History X) by a guy in a film that wasn't even in English (as far as I can tell)?

Dammit Mav, you're Gay

Quote by Alizarin:
<Alizarin>: mav mav he's mabulous la la la

Quote by Daveh:
I thought of you and my cock got as hard as a diamond, the rope stood no chance D:

04-30-2007 8:33 AMScott Pilgrim is offline Search for Posts by Scott Pilgrim Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

TITS OR GET THE FUCK OUT.

04-30-2007 7:53 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

*tits*

04-30-2007 8:35 PMScott Pilgrim is offline Search for Posts by Scott Pilgrim Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

*gets the fuck out*

Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » The Jerkstore  » Covfefe  » Nine I have a question