What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » G.L.C., 860,630 Points.  » Bioshock: Best-looking FPS of the year» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (9): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » ... last »Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Bioshock: Best-looking FPS of the year
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
07-02-2007 1:24 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I got my head checked
By a jum-bo jet
It wasn't easay
But nothing is, no

Necro: just really makes you think: only have sex with people that arent batshit

07-02-2007 11:49 AMD is offline Send an Email to D Search for Posts by D Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Originally posted by X-sah
Who the heck is Blur?

Blur Studios.

[youtube]Svu8g6XIrv0[/youtube]

07-02-2007 5:19 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

This new hidden video system seems broken

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

07-02-2007 6:52 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Originally posted by Sharpshooter005
This new hidden video system seems broken

It's not, you have to wait for it to load after you click unless there is a screwup on your end.
07-08-2007 5:55 AMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I downloaded DOSBox specifically to avoid shit like this.
07-08-2007 6:02 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

EARTHBOUND DOOM.
07-08-2007 3:11 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

So...moose you remember or know of those doom novels, right.

I just sometimes like to make it perfectly clear I didn't imagine those, only apparently 3 people were aware of them

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Alizarin:

07-08-2007 3:24 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

If I'm not mistaken, the Doom novels are where either Suze or Gaiser came from.
07-08-2007 3:24 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I dont....what...wait who the fuck are suze and gaiser

Quote by Alizarin:

07-08-2007 3:27 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Ah, nevermind, Gaiser is from Doom 3.

Suze in Hol's character in BG1.

Gaiser is her brother's Paladin.
07-21-2007 8:40 PMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Yes, I know of the Doom novels. I still own all four of them and have read them all at least twice. And neither Suze nor Gaiser were inspired by them.
07-21-2007 9:03 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Ohhhh. Huh.
07-21-2007 9:16 PMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Arlene Sanders was from the Doom novels. Supposedly one of the Columbine kids named his shotgun Arlene in reference.

I always appreciate Doom references. Shame about the dude being a nutjob and all, though. Though, I suppose you have to be to some degree to make Doom references.
07-21-2007 9:26 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

It's a shame about that entire ridiculous scenario, yeah.
07-21-2007 9:58 PMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

One of them even made custom levels for the game, but I've heard they weren't very good.

Heaven knows I've been wanting to make Doom levels even before I knew that editing tools designed expressly for that purpose existed. And heaven knows I've been trying. Still, inspiration often eludes me, as does the fear of being bashed by snobbish neo-nerds who like Doom best when it barely resembles Doom any more.

Dumbasses.
07-21-2007 10:11 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Originally posted by Moose
Yes, I know of the Doom novels. I still own all four of them and have read them all at least twice. And neither Suze nor Gaiser were inspired by them.

I got all 4 of them in a used bookstore after they'd gone out of print (which from my understanding was..REALLY fast, cause this wasn't too many years after the initial publishings).

Yeah the fourth one actually fell apart in my hands when I opened it. Like the glue broke and the pages all fell out perfectly held together from the cover. It was amusing at the time for like five seconds

Quote by Alizarin:

07-21-2007 10:11 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Oh right and there were those like..dual-alien things named after sears

Quote by Alizarin:

07-22-2007 2:27 AMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Sears and Roebuck. Right.

I read the Doom novels. I can't vouch for their quality.
07-22-2007 2:40 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

PROTIP: Only the first book was any good...I think

Necro: just really makes you think: only have sex with people that arent batshit

07-22-2007 1:09 PMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I'd tend to agree. If you gotta' read a Doom novel, read the first. The rest are mere curiosities.
Pages (9): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » ... last »« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » G.L.C., 860,630 Points.  » Bioshock: Best-looking FPS of the year