What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Coffee Table Book - Writings  » Oooo Mav's a writer» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (4): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Oooo Mav's a writer
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
09-12-2008 10:04 PMMav is offline Send an Email to Mav Homepage of Mav Search for Posts by Mav Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

:bird:

Dammit Mav, you're Gay

Quote by Alizarin:
<Alizarin>: mav mav he's mabulous la la la

Quote by Daveh:
I thought of you and my cock got as hard as a diamond, the rope stood no chance D:

09-12-2008 10:05 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I think Hol wins this round so far.
07-15-2012 5:42 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by SUP, BITCHES:

This was the best reply to Mav ever

Karl Pilkington: If you sit in a bath of pineapple chunks, it can kill you. That's well documented.

07-15-2012 5:55 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

It was sharp, poetic and marvellously witty

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

07-15-2012 6:11 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Sharp I know that you most likely want to engage in coitus with me, but do you have to be so blatant about it

Karl Pilkington: If you sit in a bath of pineapple chunks, it can kill you. That's well documented.

07-15-2012 11:38 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

... Laughing Out Loud

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Alizarin:

07-15-2012 11:49 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

That wasn't supposed to be funny.
07-15-2012 11:52 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

It's in the macro/image so I have to say that for once I'm not 100% sure what I even did this time.

Not to start an argument

edit: Or I've now been blocked entirely, can't tell.

Quote by Alizarin:

07-31-2012 2:48 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I'm just gonna put this in a shitty writing thread.

Not found.

blurghghgh afasdfjgdfh

07-31-2012 2:58 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

..So pretty much what I'm getting from this is it's incredibly easy to produce a high selling novel.

I mean this would be the perfect get rich quick scheme. From what I've heard this "book" started off as like a damn fanfic and now the author is swimming in cash. All you gotta do is figure out how to market trash dime-novels to the consumer, and you walk away with all the cash. And the best part is its totally legal, its the ultimate con and any of us could probably pull it off.

Nobody reads anymore, you just give them titillation and figure out what buttons to press and boom, you're on the bestseller list.

Quote by Alizarin:

07-31-2012 3:09 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

A fanfic about Bella and Edward from Twilight, no less.

07-31-2012 3:15 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Exactly, its the dime novels all over again.

Its horatio alger with tawdry sex scenes. Hacks get cash because of the old adage "you never go broke appealing to the lowest common denominator"

(Oh, wait, no the pt barnum line was "theres a sucker born every minute". I have no idea who came up with the lowest common denominator line then)

Quote by Alizarin:

08-01-2012 7:00 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

You have to hit the right demographics is the thing.
08-03-2012 7:29 PMOld Gabén is offline Send an Email to Old Gabén Search for Posts by Old Gabén Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

me and my buddy are gonna write a shitty vampire novel

it's gonna be $wag

yolo

08-03-2012 8:33 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

How much sex is in it?
08-03-2012 8:38 PMOld Gabén is offline Send an Email to Old Gabén Search for Posts by Old Gabén Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I dunno

lots

I guess this means I have to read fifty shades of gray now

08-03-2012 8:47 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I saw it at the Barnes & Noble we took Freeze to in Manhattan. I wanted to hurl.
01-02-2013 7:18 PMManchester Devil is offline Send an Email to Manchester Devil Homepage of Manchester Devil Search for Posts by Manchester Devil Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I would not read a Twilight or 50 Shades book on basis that I either join the chorus of howling monkies flinging shit at the writers on the basis of crimes against books or fail to muster a response beyond 'meh' because its the sort of thing I wouldn't want to read in the first place. Then I had to get a copy of the film 'New Dawn' for my sister because she requested it the Christmas before last. And no Twilight, whatever it is you're trying to sell isn't a saga in the same way me going to my girlfriend's corner shop isn't a tale for the ages. And I'm not going to drag far better books into this thread just to point this fact out.

Cue the hatemail for both Twilight and 50 Shades fans.

R.I.P. Mother: 14/01/1955 - 03/04/2017

R.I.P. Brother: 22/01/1981 - 03/12/2018

Quote:
Originally posted by Sharp
It gets weirder too. I just realized...if..if he nailed her he technically had sex with everything and everyone on the internet. Including this forum.

Except he ALSO posts on this forum....so....so then is it masturbation? This is fucking trippy, how did I not realize this before.

Quote:
Originally posted by Holly
Your computer magically produces hentai?!

01-02-2013 8:01 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Again, the thing about 50 Shades is that it is literally edited Twilight fanfiction. The names were changed.
01-02-2013 8:19 PMManchester Devil is offline Send an Email to Manchester Devil Homepage of Manchester Devil Search for Posts by Manchester Devil Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Yeah, I know about that. I mean screw somewhat original ideas, let's write a craptasic Megaman fanfic starting X and Zero, change the names and sell it as the homosexual Twilight, with humanoid robots. Capcom wouldn't be any the wiser and we will be rolling in oceans of cash.

R.I.P. Mother: 14/01/1955 - 03/04/2017

R.I.P. Brother: 22/01/1981 - 03/12/2018

Quote:
Originally posted by Sharp
It gets weirder too. I just realized...if..if he nailed her he technically had sex with everything and everyone on the internet. Including this forum.

Except he ALSO posts on this forum....so....so then is it masturbation? This is fucking trippy, how did I not realize this before.

Quote:
Originally posted by Holly
Your computer magically produces hentai?!

Pages (4): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 next » « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Coffee Table Book - Writings  » Oooo Mav's a writer