What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Coffee Table Book - Writings  » poetry, etc.» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page poetry, etc.
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
01-14-2010 9:01 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

THEIR INNER TORMENT

CUT CUT CUT

I HAVE THE FURY OF MY OWN MOMENTUM.

01-14-2010 2:00 PMIron Savior is offline Send an Email to Iron Savior Search for Posts by Iron Savior Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Charlie Kelly:
The similes in the second poem are almost painful, "diabetic clouds"?

I think it means clouds that're constantly testing their blood sugar.

Pretty Maids - Back to Back

01-16-2010 1:59 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Charlie Chaplin:
God damn

Use a bunch of metaphors about sex without using a shift key and I guess you're a "poet"

I want to go to Ireland. I want to get on a plane, and fly there.

Upon arriving I am going to dig up the corpse of William Butler Yeats.

I am then going to drag the skeleton to a bar, sit it on a stool next to me, and place a printout of this schizoid broads 'work' in the skeletal hand.

I will then just spend five hours drinking with it. Pouring booze into a mouth that the maggots ate away. Periodically slapping the corpse on the shoulder and going "I know...I know..I don't know how it got like this either" in a reassuring yet sorrowful way.

Broad was worse than the transcendentalists. And if you're even vaguely aware of my feelings on the transcendentalists, you'll know that what I just said is the poetry-criticism equivalent of "worse than Hitler"

(And if you don't like Yeats. Pick your favorite poet, and their country of origin, and refashion this to your liking. My point stands)

(*If you aren't aware. I FUCKING LOATHE the transcendentalists...okay some of Walt Whitmans stuff was okay. Except "When I heard the learned astronomer" which is anti-intellectual horseshit, frankly his work relating to the civil war is all that interests me. Also Emily Dickinson, "Death kindly stopped for me"...Well Emily my dear, THEY SHOULDA FOUND SOMEONE WHO'D FINISH THE JOB. Not a fan of that movement, at all)

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Coffee Table Book - Writings  » poetry, etc.