What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » G.L.C., 860,630 Points.  » Heroes of Mana» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (4): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Heroes of Mana
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
10-09-2007 7:00 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Is it telling that for the most part I prefer 2D games?

I mean, BG is 2D.
10-09-2007 7:02 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I just wanted to say starcraft sucks, not instigate some "every game made after the commodore 64 sucks retro g8m3r hells yah" versus "UH EXCUSE ME THAT DOSEN'T HAVE DIGITALLY REFRACTIVE TRILINEAR BLOOM-LIT BUMPMAPPING THAT USES MY TRI-CORE, LIQUID NITROGEN COOLED, OVERCLOCKED PROCESSOR WHAT IS THIS THE FIFTEENTH CENTURY" madness

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

10-09-2007 7:04 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

...There are actually quad cores now
10-09-2007 7:06 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Interestingly enough I think they like, didn't make ones with 3 uh...cores, or whatever.

I dont understand, why did they just go from 2 to 4. How is 3 not involved.

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Alizarin:

10-09-2007 7:07 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

It's because computers naturally deal with things in factors of two.
10-09-2007 7:08 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Thats Gay, I don't like that

God these things suck on alot of levels

Quote by Alizarin:

10-09-2007 7:10 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Why so?
10-09-2007 7:13 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

factors of two? what the hell, comeon now.

Quote by Alizarin:

10-09-2007 7:18 PMMav is offline Send an Email to Mav Homepage of Mav Search for Posts by Mav Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Originally posted by Sharpshooter005
factors of two? what the hell, comeon now.

Has something to do with binary and processing power or something. I dunno.

Dammit Mav, you're Gay

Quote by Alizarin:
<Alizarin>: mav mav he's mabulous la la la

Quote by Daveh:
I thought of you and my cock got as hard as a diamond, the rope stood no chance D:

10-09-2007 7:26 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Binary, yes.

Or I THINK that's why.
10-09-2007 7:27 PMMav is offline Send an Email to Mav Homepage of Mav Search for Posts by Mav Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Fairly sure it's why.

Well, I mean, that's the reason, but that doesn't meant I get it/

Dammit Mav, you're Gay

Quote by Alizarin:

Quote by Daveh:
I thought of you and my cock got as hard as a diamond, the rope stood no chance D:

10-09-2007 7:28 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Well, it makes sense when you think of computers are absolutely logical machines. There's either a yes or a no.
10-09-2007 7:33 PMMav is offline Send an Email to Mav Homepage of Mav Search for Posts by Mav Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

...I meant the power-of-two thing, not binary.

I mean, the human nervous system functions on a similar all-or-nothing response structure.

Dammit Mav, you're Gay

Quote by Alizarin:

Quote by Daveh:

10-09-2007 7:34 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

That's not quite true of some neurons, or so recent research is going on about. Eh.
10-09-2007 7:39 PMMav is offline Send an Email to Mav Homepage of Mav Search for Posts by Mav Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

o.o

I don't see how else they would operate... All-or-none is the only thing that makes sense, AFAIK.

Dammit Mav, you're Gay

Quote by Alizarin:

Quote by Daveh:

10-09-2007 7:41 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Believe me, I'm as confused about it as you are.
02-16-2012 11:26 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by D:
Quote:
Originally posted by Ekusah
..it's still pattern memorization. You get the better units/you work up to the better units, you hope you kill the other guy, and rinse and repeat.

Every rts suffers from this except maybe Ground Control, but I've never played it online. RTS is all real time management, really. There is very little strategy involved sides "sup bitches" and wipe out some goddamn buildings.

It doesn't matter if have a decent gameplan and flank the other motherfucker (again, Ground Control is cool because you can do this, and by extension you should be able to do this in GC2 and World In Conflict), they'll just figure out the most effective spam unit/research and blow you away with it.

The only time I played Warcraft 2 with X (aka a game I loved playing alone) he wiped me out with magic-casting dudes on horseback, because I, unlike him, am not a 'sperginin' minmaxer asshole.

Vowed never to play it with him again.

Soul Blazer OST - The Mine

X: One of my favorite things is the bubonic plague.

02-16-2012 11:39 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

sid miers gettysburg and the total war series weren't like that

They're probably all just pattern memorization because south koreas addicted to that and the rest of the market also sucks

Quote by Alizarin:

02-18-2012 9:53 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I seriousky had no idea the mages were that good. In fact i thought I was losing, honestly.
02-18-2012 6:26 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Deus Ex Machina:
Is it telling that for the most part I prefer 2D games?

I mean, BG is 2D.

The new jagged alliance (not online, the one I haven't tried the demo for yet) thats pissing everybody off cause "waaah its not turn based" sounds..kind of exactly how I played bg2 in single player

(as in you can pause it, issue orders, then unpause it and they go do those)

Quote by Alizarin:

Pages (4): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 next » « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » G.L.C., 860,630 Points.  » Heroes of Mana