What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Coffee Table Book - Writings  » Looks like another one's joining the writerfags.» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (11): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 next » ... last »Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Looks like another one's joining the writerfags.
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
10-13-2007 12:04 AMIron Savior is offline Send an Email to Iron Savior Search for Posts by Iron Savior Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

BCUZ ITZ TEH FUTAR WIT SPECAL SHINEHZ ADN KEWL TEKNOLEGY

Dream Theater - Take the Time

10-13-2007 10:08 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

People are fascinated with pirates and standing up to 'The Man'. I mean, if you EVER visit a software priate forum these days, you are assaulted by all the worst kinds of logic and reason why they should be able to steal shit.
10-13-2007 1:47 PMIron Savior is offline Send an Email to Iron Savior Search for Posts by Iron Savior Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

"Sir, the mining vessel has just deployed two ships: a Corsair and a Cruiser!"

"What?! All ships, prepare for combat! There are only two engaging ships, but don't take them lightly! Keep on the watch for an ambush!"

"What about the Stealth Squad, Sir?"

"First, sever communications from the mining vessel, then capture it! With control of that vessel, the enemy will be forced to withdraw."

"Yes sir!"

---

The space was as it always is--black, endless, and devoid of depth perception. A nebula distorted part of the blackness. Out of that shadow of color descended one large and one smaller ship, riding away from a mining vessel being quickly overtaken by the enemy.

"Here I come, you lawless bastards!" called the pilot of the smaller as he let off a spray of 'warning' shots at such a range that the accuracy was practically nonexistent.

In strangely immediate response, the enemy forces less their noncombatant vessels--equating to four of the weapon-heavy Corsair class and one of the warship Frigate class--engaged toward the enemy. The Frigate let off a warning shot of its own--a highly explosive rocket sent straight at the heart of the typically noncombatant Cruiser class ship piloted by the bounty hunter Tony. A quick burst from his ship's starboard thruster sent the rocket harmlessly by him.

The Cruisers were quick to follow up with some beam fire and energy bullets, all of which were evaded in similar fashion.

"Looking for a scapegoat, eh?!" taunted Tony. "I'm afraid you're looking in the wrong system!"

"The hell are you talking to?!" returned Rex from his Corsair. "We aren't connected to them, just each other and Maya!"

Quickly clamming up, Tony pulled in above one of the enemy Corsairs, swooping down dangerously close on the unsuspecting target and unleashing a spray of bullets at their main thrusters. Only one thruster went out, but the enemy's loss of control was more than evident as it began erratic thrusts and turns.

The other Corsairs, afraid to hit their ally in an attempt to shoot down the notably smaller target, focused their fire unto the other Corsair. Rex lurched his ship up to make an evasion attempt, but took a few direct bullet hits and quite a graze from the middle grade Particle Beam shot. Luckily, there was not enough of an impact to throw him off balance.

One of the Corsairs was not so fortunate, as Rex's rocket shattered straight into their cockpit. The pilot was long dead before the rocket went off. The rest was insurance.

"Rex, there's an incoming transmission from their leader."

"They're surrendering already? Damn. Maya, put them through!"

"Maya?"

This post has been edited; it was last edited by Iron Savior: 10-13-2007 1:52 PM.

10-15-2007 6:53 AMIron Savior is offline Send an Email to Iron Savior Search for Posts by Iron Savior Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

After a short 'creative vacation' spanning the weekend, I'm gonna pick back up today.

Also, that was all Chapter 1, next is beginning Chapter 2. This will be shown in the main post next edit.

04-30-2008 5:55 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Sinistar:
“…Guh…”

The large lump smothered under the bed’s

“’t agree with me. How’s”

’s silence was broken by a knock on the cabin door. “Tony, it’s” came a somewhat stern female voice.

“Yeah, yeah, I’m up, Maya” “Damn it all,’”

“” “We’ve”

“’m up!”

“Better be. I’.”

“God dammit.”

TDottle did its best to make the story more entertaining

Groucho Marx: I read in the newspapers they are going to have 30 minutes of intellectual stuff on television every Monday from 7:30 to 8. to educate America. They couldn't educate America if they started at 6:30.

04-30-2008 6:28 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Those mean someything, I dunno what though.
04-30-2008 6:52 PMIron Savior is offline Send an Email to Iron Savior Search for Posts by Iron Savior Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

It's because that part was written in Word, which is all "HAY LOOK YER QUOTATION MARKS ARE ALL COOLER NOW" and stuff.

04-30-2008 7:06 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Oh, is that it? Allow me, I can fix that. Unicode has support for those.

Were they double or single?
04-30-2008 8:38 PMIron Savior is offline Send an Email to Iron Savior Search for Posts by Iron Savior Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Mostly double quotes, but I think they turn an ellipsis into one char too.

04-30-2008 8:52 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Think you could guess what sequence of symbols is what?
05-21-2008 4:09 PMScott Pilgrim is offline Search for Posts by Scott Pilgrim Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Am I the only person who sees this being fucked up?

All I see is ” for long stretches.

And by "this" I mean page one, not going further than that

05-21-2008 4:10 PMScott Pilgrim is offline Search for Posts by Scott Pilgrim Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Wow

...I evidently should have read beyond page one

05-21-2008 5:50 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

people i know tell me i should write a story and that i am a good writer but i am too lazy

write one for me

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:
Necro: Pfft. You're a useless waste of oxygen.

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
Political Correctness Needs to Stop
08/27/2015

05-21-2008 5:51 PMScott Pilgrim is offline Search for Posts by Scott Pilgrim Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

<digs up the BowserxYoshi guro fic>

05-21-2008 8:15 PMIron Savior is offline Send an Email to Iron Savior Search for Posts by Iron Savior Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

When X changed... something, it dieded all the 'special' characters Word autocorrects into your chit.

05-21-2008 8:17 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Huh?

By dieded, you mean changed, or fixed?
05-21-2008 8:18 PMScott Pilgrim is offline Search for Posts by Scott Pilgrim Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Awh crap, I can't + myself

That sucks

05-21-2008 8:18 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Ash Crimson:
Am I the only person who sees this being fucked up?

All I see is ” for long stretches.

And by "this" I mean page one, not going further than that

I need to figure out what those symbols mean. Once I can, it'll be fixed.
05-21-2008 8:20 PMScott Pilgrim is offline Search for Posts by Scott Pilgrim Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Nah, leave it

Makes it better

05-21-2008 8:20 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

But... GLITCHES! MUST FIX!
Pages (11): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 next » ... last »« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Coffee Table Book - Writings  » Looks like another one's joining the writerfags.