What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » G.L.C., 860,630 Points.  » What're you Playing?» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (971): « first ... « previous 967 968 [969] 970 971 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page What're you Playing?
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
02-23-2021 11:48 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

also went and completed my second playthrough of dragon age 2, this time with the DLC

this game get a lot of criticism and the fact that it gets criticism is well earned, it's a very flawed game. and yet, i still like it. the dlc was refreshing in adding some new map locations, but while its an addition it effectively highlights the game's biggest failing. im not too judgemental with it because i realize EA forced Bioware to make the game in like 18 months. but i generally like the game's story and characters. hawke is my favorite of the series protagonists and it's really cool how the game uses the hawke family. as maligned as this game is it's so cool how things you wouldnt think are choices influence how they come out

this time i went with a plucky, sarcastic female rogue using dual daggers. ran most of the game with merrill and fenris until fenris sadly turned on me because i sided with the mages. i really intended to side with the templars but i find it almost impossible for any reasonable character to side with them. next time i'll see if i can play Hawke as a self righteous dickheaded warrior who shits on mages at every turn. i didn't like fenris much the first time i played this game but i really enjoyed him. he's a terrible moody dickhead and hes especially so to merrill that their conversations ended up terribly amusing to me.

having said all that and admitting to liking the game, it has issues with reused maps but its kinda endearing to me. the first mass effect is guilty of this too and if i can't hold it against that game i won't hold it against this one. but saying all that, it's not my favorite in the series. i still enjoy inquisition the most. its gameplay feels the best to me, has the most realized world and i still generally like the characters and story. origins is ok, the flexibility with roleplaying is great and i like some of the characters (mostly morrigan and flemeth), but the core story isn't interesting and it plays like a turd

i'll begin a new playthrough in inquisition sometime. this time i will be a qunari, because they are badass. hopefully they let me go the mage route like a sarabaas but if not warrior is ok too

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:
Necro: Pfft. You're a useless waste of oxygen.

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
Political Correctness Needs to Stop
08/27/2015

02-25-2021 1:22 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Metroid zero mission

The game was decent up until the end. I really hated the Zero Suit segment, which although short felt like an eternity. I don’t understand what possessed Nintendo to think that was going to be fun.

Before that though, it was just decent. It played like Metroid (though noticeably more stiff than Super), did all the things Metroid does, so I did enjoy it, but the handholding really brought it down. Baby’s First Metroid I suppose. I wish Nintendo had made a mode without the handholding or have it be tied to a difficulty setting. The map isn’t as good either but it’s a remake of NES game so what can you expect

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

03-03-2021 4:44 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

demon's crest

this is a really good game and one that i mysteriousky never played until a few days ago, despite thinking it looked great when i originally saw it as a child. just never found a copy and never emulated it either. really good probably overlooked SNES title. great 16bit graphics, the game rewards exploration but doesn't openly force it on you, pretty openended adventure

there's some things that kinda bring it down so its not quite super metroid/megaman x/chrono trigger good though. the third pago trial is just kinda stupid, i was able to do it after a few tries but my hands were in a lot of pain afterwards. i get you want people to earn access to the best ending but the placement to hit the skulls is so exacting. the last two bosses (phalanx and dark demon) are also kinda stupid. phalanx isnt quite as bad, the platforms just kinda just kept showing up at fast speeds at the worst time. dark demon is pretty awful though, as the fight progresses theres times when you're not really reading and reacting to patterns, but being forced to eat damage because there isnt a single safe spot on the map

overall cool game though

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

03-04-2021 12:15 AMBonesy is offline Send an Email to Bonesy Homepage of Bonesy Search for Posts by Bonesy Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

mostly bravely default 2 and pokemon shield dlc
03-05-2021 8:56 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

How’s bravely default 2? I’d like to play it sometime but I still need to finish the first (and bravely second, I also have that). I reached the second world in BD, really liked what I played but got busy with a school project and as time passed I got too disconnected from it to continue. I really should go and finish it sometime but I don’t really remember what I was doing with the characters.

Also just finished Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance. Castlevania is a series That until recently I hadn’t really played much of. My older brother loved it and we had Castlevania 3 on the NES as a kid, but outside of that I only really played a little of Legacy of Darkness (my memory of this game is probably a lot cooler than the game has aged to be, but I was sold on werewolves) and a little of Lament of Innocence. After playing SoTN for the first time last summer I decided I should go back and play more.

Harmony isn’t a bad game by any means, it’s adequate, it’s average. There’s nothing offensively wrong with the game and the story is interesting for what it is. That said, it’s the worst of the games I’ve played in the last year (SoTN, Super Castlevania, Circle of the Moon). You can definitely feel in this game that Castlevania’s identity had fundamentally changed - it’s no longer stiff and rewards precision. SoTN was in this vein as well, but Alucard being more mobile felt appropriate - he is half vampire after all. Juste being the quickest Castlevania character (up until that point) makes me wonder if he was a track star freak athlete in the Belmont line though. I like the two way dash system, but with the game being GbA and there being such limited buttons available, I can’t help but think it was a poor decision

The map is kinda lacklustre too and the music, lots has been said about it. Really weird instrument tones in it. So fuzzy. Not a bad game, but definitely feels like the kind of step down from SotN you’d expect from a handheld.

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

03-05-2021 10:38 PMBonesy is offline Send an Email to Bonesy Homepage of Bonesy Search for Posts by Bonesy Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

BD2 feels like a step back from Bravely Second in some regards because it's a different devteam (ClayTech Works instead of whoever) but I'm enjoying it.
03-10-2021 7:24 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Monochrome Order

so it’s a budget title, and I can’t complain, its already not an expensive game and I got it on a sale on top of that. Pretty functional on a core level, but the game is fun for what it is. Making judgements and seeing your imprint on the world is enjoyable. I messed up the economy pretty badly though. I think i got most of the characters to join me, except the samurai guy. He was a criminal and didn’t want my help, so not much I could do there

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

03-12-2021 12:23 AMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Megaman X7

Whoo boy. So I guess by default this is probably the worst Megaman X game. I can’t say I enjoyed it the least (I don’t like X4 at all and I don’t care how popular it is and how much I’m supposed to like it, I find it terribly boring) but I can’t deny the 3D elements aren’t ill conceived. There’s way too many 3D maps compared to sidescrolling, and the sidescrolling segments are brought down by the pseudo 3D. The auto aiming feels weird and makes some enemies that like the hide out in the foreground and background more annoying than they have any right to be. Bats especially are an annoyance. Also frustrating when the game changes your target on you.

The 3D sections would be ok if the camera wasn’t so bad. I struggled with the depth perception in this game and any boss that takes place on floating platforms is harder than they should be thanks to the camera. Really, these old 3D games you fight the camera more than you fight enemies. Movement feels a little slow compared to the other X games but it’s definitely a lot smoother than Legends. Legends is a series that people really look at through rose tinted lenses, but I think X7 is better. It controls better and you get actual Megaman gameplay with a full set of weapons you can switch between.

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

03-16-2021 12:24 AMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Strider (2014)

So this is actually a pretty decent metroidvania kind of game that doesn’t really get a lot of attention. Hiryu has always been a pretty good design, and this game has pretty good progression to the gameplay and abilities.

The map leaves a little to be desired - like the map you use to look at, not the actual stages. It’s a little difficult to figure out how exactly to get to where you want. The game kinda feels awkward to start out but coalesces into something better once you get a feel for it. The first time I tried to play this game I stopped after the dragon boss

The last boss was actually a really cool idea but the controls slightly brought down the experience. Should have just been left/right movement around the Center’s of gravity.

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

03-18-2021 9:49 PMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Metro 2033 because it was free

Social Credit score: Negative 1997

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

03-26-2021 4:26 AMBonesy is offline Send an Email to Bonesy Homepage of Bonesy Search for Posts by Bonesy Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

monster hunter rise unlocked, time to skin lizards for 40+ hours
03-31-2021 8:42 PMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Mad max. Aka "they stole your car, time to build another post apocalypse whip and take down the bad guys"

That..basically is the plot, it's sorta like "they pissed on your rug dude" in big lebowski but its the post-apocalypse and that car tied the badlands together

(It's fun enough)

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Alizarin:

04-03-2021 3:43 AMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

infamous

i'm in the last third of this game and im going to finish it, but kinda fuck this game. i got it and the sequel, which i've heard is better, both for cheap so i can't complain too much. but this game is full of crappy design. sorta expected better since it's a borderline signature playstation series

game way too often has way too many enemies shooting from way too many angles, it's just such lazy and artificial difficulty.enemies are also programmed to be stupidly smart too. they always hide when you go to aim/zoom in. i don't think cole has a special pose when you do this so how the hell would they know besides the game reading your inputs?

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

04-04-2021 10:24 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Well I finished infamous

Story was ok, lots of loose threads left unanswered though. I assume that’s probably addressed in the sequel

Missions were annoying, bosses were actually really easy. Too often missions have way too many enemies as I previously said, and stupid objectives. Why are you asking me to hop onto balloons that are flying higher than the majority of buildings in an area? Just so stupid.

I’ll play infamous 2 sometime but I doubt I’ll ever touch infamous 1 again. I don’t really care what it’s like as evil cole

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

04-05-2021 6:02 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Right now I'm playing old RPGMaker games like Einlanzer.

It's weird. I don't want to play modern RPGs.
04-05-2021 10:32 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

SMTO again

I am leveling an Accomplished Turdak to fuse with a Phoenix and make a Valkyrie I hope

Teddy Roosevelt: To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, right or wrong - is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.

04-05-2021 10:39 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Er, weren't you going to use the Phoenix to create Zhu Que?
04-05-2021 10:44 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Listen bitch I have two, count em two Phoenixes

Teddy Roosevelt: To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, right or wrong - is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.

04-06-2021 4:18 PMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Oh yeah I forgot about that...Its been sitting on my desktop for a while

Quote by Alizarin:

04-07-2021 1:24 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Someone would have to pay me a lot of money to help you install the thing

Pages (971): « first ... « previous 967 968 [969] 970 971 next » « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » G.L.C., 860,630 Points.  » What're you Playing?