What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » G.L.C., 860,630 Points.  » Sociolotron» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (4): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Sociolotron
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
11-05-2007 5:53 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I thought you could also go all out and just kill indiscriminately?
11-06-2007 3:12 PMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Shoot. Forced stealth is why Metal Gear blows. I was hoping it'd be like some sorta' sick, M-rated Pac-Man: Killers chase you through maze-like alleys and you have to run for your life and outsmart your pursuers.
11-06-2007 3:14 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

THANK YOU.

Finally somebody besides me says why MGS fucking sucks. Ugh stealth.

I THINK in Manhunt you can just massacre, but unsure.
11-06-2007 3:16 PMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Yeah, I've hated Metal Gear for years, don't worry. And yes, I did play MGS1 and I got sick of it fast.
11-06-2007 3:17 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I only found MGS1 tolerable to play with a Gameshark.

Tried MGS2, got bored really fast.
11-06-2007 3:21 PMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

So, with Solid Snake showing up in Brawl, all I can think is, "Make it Simon Belmont and we'll talk."
11-06-2007 3:23 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

That would rock all levels of ass.

Though I think he would have to suddenly have some Richter moves for Brawl. Mainly Richter's gravity jump as a recovery and his whip dash.
11-06-2007 3:25 PMFreeze is offline Send an Email to Freeze Search for Posts by Freeze Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I love stealth. I'm not a big fan of run and gun games (you can also replace gun with sword or whip or whatever)

Quote by Necro:
there's this cookie cutter life that people expect you to have and once you hit your 20s you're supposed to be somewhere in the middle of it

i ate the dough

11-06-2007 3:28 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Mmm. Whippin' is good.
11-06-2007 3:34 PMDiglett is offline Send an Email to Diglett Search for Posts by Diglett Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

..the hell you playing MSG for if you don't like Stealth Games?
11-06-2007 3:35 PMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Because MGS was a big "You have no reason to live if you don't play this" game.
11-06-2007 3:35 PMFreeze is offline Send an Email to Freeze Search for Posts by Freeze Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

METAL SOLID GEAR

Quote by Necro:
there's this cookie cutter life that people expect you to have and once you hit your 20s you're supposed to be somewhere in the middle of it

i ate the dough

11-06-2007 3:36 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Originally posted by Tallgeese
Because MGS was a big "You have no reason to live if you don't play this" game.

Yeah, I don't see the story brilliance either.

The most nifty thing I saw was Psycho Mantis of 1.
11-06-2007 3:44 PMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I liked Psycho Mantis as well, but not the little trick to fighting him. That pissed me off.
11-06-2007 3:45 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

When I think of him, I think of him reading your memcard. Yeah.
11-06-2007 3:50 PMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Super Mario Sunshine!

Well, in the Cube remake, anyway.
11-06-2007 3:51 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

What did he say about that eaxctly?
11-06-2007 4:05 PMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

*shrugs* I dunno'. I just saw it inserted into some YouTube clip once.
11-06-2007 5:27 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Nah this is...in mgs its possible to just kill shit, I mean..yeah it's possible, theres just more guards. Or 3 was like that, pretty much everytime I've played 3 its like "wait I have a shotgun what do I care" then everything dies

This is pretty much entirely forced stealth, like not to the level of those universally awful FPS levels where if you're seen the level ends but close, all the ZOMG GORY kills don't really happen unless you've snuck up on them either

I'd probably have to go rent it again to fully articulate why I just lost all interest in it the last time I played...I'm not though.

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

11-06-2007 8:25 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Well that sucks then. Not like I could expect better from Rockstar in this case.
Pages (4): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 next » « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » G.L.C., 860,630 Points.  » Sociolotron