What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » G.L.C., 860,630 Points.  » Sociolotron» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (4): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Sociolotron
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
11-07-2007 7:47 AMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

People always told me I could go on killing sprees in MGS if I really wanted to, but that never, ever worked. You kill a couple of guards and half-a-dozen more show up. Doesn't help that MGS has some of the weirdest shooting mechanics ever (pressing the Fire button aims the weapon, releasing the button makes you shoot? Okay...).
12-22-2007 7:07 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

It could work if you have the bandanna.
12-26-2007 6:34 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Banana?

David Lynch: A lot of artists think they want anger. But a real, strong, bitter anger occupies the mind, leaving no room for creativity.

12-26-2007 6:43 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Snake can get a bandanna that somehow gives him infinite ammo in Metal Gear Solid 1.

He references it directly ingame and even uses it in 2.
12-26-2007 7:03 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Only one N, it's bandana.

...wait shit it's not?

YOU LIE, FIREFOX, IT DOESN'T HAVE TWO FUCKING N'S

David Lynch: A lot of artists think they want anger. But a real, strong, bitter anger occupies the mind, leaving no room for creativity.

12-26-2007 8:27 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Or the gun in mgs3, which has the most lol explanation for infinite ammo ("THE FEEDING MECHANISMS SHAPED LIKE AN INFINITY SYMBOL, SO LOGICALLY, THE BULLETS NEVER RUN OUT!")

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

12-26-2007 11:53 PMMav is offline Send an Email to Mav Homepage of Mav Search for Posts by Mav Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Originally posted by Sharpshooter005
Or the gun in mgs3, which has the most lol explanation for infinite ammo ("THE FEEDING MECHANISMS SHAPED LIKE AN INFINITY SYMBOL, SO LOGICALLY, THE BULLETS NEVER RUN OUT!")

Oh, no, MGS3 is worse. Instead of a bandanna, you have "Infinity Face Paint."

Which looks fucking Durrrr....

Dammit Mav, you're Gay

Quote by Alizarin:
<Alizarin>: mav mav he's mabulous la la la

Quote by Daveh:
I thought of you and my cock got as hard as a diamond, the rope stood no chance D:

12-26-2007 11:57 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Thats for all of them though, yeah.

And some of the facepaints are gimmicks anyway, the camo ones too like the USSR/U.S. flag one (its pretty funny in effect though, if enemies see the USSR flag they just stand there but hold their fire)

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Alizarin:

12-27-2007 12:02 AMMav is offline Send an Email to Mav Homepage of Mav Search for Posts by Mav Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Originally posted by Sharpshooter005
And some of the facepaints are gimmicks anyway, the camo ones too like the USSR/U.S. flag one (its pretty funny in effect though, if enemies see the USSR flag they just stand there but hold their fire)

Well, yeah, it's still Metal Gear Solid, there's lots of weird shit.

Honestly I wish the USSR one made them, like, drop their guns and salute instead of just standing there while I mow them down, but eh. They drop dead either way.

Dammit Mav, you're Gay

Quote by Alizarin:
<Alizarin>: mav mav he's mabulous la la la

Quote by Daveh:
I thought of you and my cock got as hard as a diamond, the rope stood no chance D:

12-27-2007 4:10 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

What happens if you use the U.S. flag?
09-25-2016 2:33 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I think nothing. There was a re-release with the online mode and possibly a better camera but it's not the one I have. I think they added in a bunch of the face-paints for that one.

Truthfully I forget because I haven't played 3 in a while. I haven't even played 5 lately. I really wish they had streamlined keyboard/mouse stuff for that port a bit more, but I think that was around when konami was imploding.

Quote by Moose:
People always told me I could go on killing sprees in MGS if I really wanted to, but that never, ever worked. You kill a couple of guards and half-a-dozen more show up. Doesn't help that MGS has some of the weirdest shooting mechanics ever (pressing the Fire button aims the weapon, releasing the button makes you shoot? Okay...).

Well, not everything can be a re-release of doom or wishing violent death on people you accuse of homophobia.

Jokes on you though because 5 lets you do exactly what you wanted to do. You can even have close-air-support strikes.

Quote by Alizarin:

Pages (4): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » G.L.C., 860,630 Points.  » Sociolotron