What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » The Jerkstore  » Prognosis Negative - Polls  » TIES» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (7): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] 5 6 next » ... last »Post New Thread Post Reply
Poll: Wearing ties to dinner?
No, I don't wear ties period 5 55.56%
Yes I wear ties, but not to dinner! 4 44.44%
Yes I or someone else in the household wears a tie to dinner 0 0.00%
Total:9 Votes100%

Go to the bottom of this page TIES
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
11-09-2007 1:13 AMFreeze is offline Send an Email to Freeze Search for Posts by Freeze Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I found out today I'm ten pounds overweight (this pertains to the previous (off)topic)

Doctor puts my ideal weight at 225, I'm 235. I'm hoping I can lose that ten pounds by at least January.

Quote by Necro:
there's this cookie cutter life that people expect you to have and once you hit your 20s you're supposed to be somewhere in the middle of it

i ate the dough

This post has been edited; it was last edited by Freeze: 11-09-2007 1:14 AM.

11-09-2007 1:27 AMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Oh don't listen to it, lose it if you want.

I'm apparently the ideal weight, I'll probably die first out of all of you waist-watchers. Weight isn't an automatic correlation to health, you have to consider other habits (smoking, etc), family history (how many relatives have been offed by various diseases).

In the end you can't escape death, you can postpone it, but yeah every second you edge closer to oblivion so just enjoy it.

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

11-09-2007 1:30 AMFreeze is offline Send an Email to Freeze Search for Posts by Freeze Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Yeah I'm not really losing it because he told me to, I'm losing it because I've been running the treadmill/using the bike for a while now without a set goal and this gives me one.

Also I've been eating a lot healthier, been using those clementine oranges as my snackfood, even though they always squirt me in the eye when I'm unpeeling them.

Quote by Necro:
there's this cookie cutter life that people expect you to have and once you hit your 20s you're supposed to be somewhere in the middle of it

i ate the dough

11-09-2007 1:39 AMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Oh god. I was just clicking the latest post and not realizing what thread this was.

This is about the supremacy of ties, get this out of here.

Well if we're going to do the "ZOMG MY MASS" shit, fuck it:

You, me, all of us are just waiting for death okay. Give up. I'm the "ideal weight" for my height and I eat shit like cheese fries and burgers and bbq chips and I order ALL my steaks rare which is apparently bad for you, then I guzzle iced tea, water, soda, or alcohol. The thing probably is that I pace around alot and walk frequently, also I'm a smoker and nicotene is an appetite suppressant I believe I've read.

BUT SMOKING IS BAD. Yes, it is, I'm a corpse waiting to happen I'm sure, statistically anyway.

My point is stop. Or not...stop entirely, stop bitching though.

Look if you want to lose weight or live healthily thats good, really, good for you if you have a goal and stick to it. I respect that. Still though, frankly, you will die, we all die, the best you can do is postpone it. The FDA and so forth can list whatever they want, frankly I think its genetics and luck and apparently I cashed all my chips on the "lucky metabolism" part of the roulette board.

You'll wind up six feet under in the end regardless, have fun while you're not in a pine box. Because logistically even if you outlive everyone you know you'll still just be a footnote in history...and only if you're somehow influential.

Thats it really. Go with what you've got, have as much fun as you can. Barring certain circumstances thats all you can really do.

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Alizarin:

11-09-2007 1:44 AMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

PS: I'm not saying "get fat oh hell yeah, chug some mercury also". I'm not advocating suicide mind you, I'm just saying...This is getting WEIRD. With the food-o-phobia shit.

I remember when "epidemic" implied some sort of communicable virus, now theres an "obesity epidemic"? We can't eat red meat? Tap-water kills you? Pesticides on vegetables and steroids in cows kill you so now you have to actively seek out something with a label reading "organic" even if its a falsehood?

Everything I just named is on some level a legitimate issue...but....COME ON, jesus christ, theres far more immediate threats out there. If you're not a COMPLETELY inactive halfwit you're not going to eat yourself to death...calm the fuck down already.

Quote by Alizarin:

11-09-2007 2:00 AMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

JESUS TAPDANCING WOODWOKING STAB EVERYONE IN THE THROAT WITH AN ICE PICK CHRIST WE'VE DONE THIS ENOUGH THIS WAS ABOUT TIES, ITS HOL'S THREAD TALK ABOUT FUCKING TIES DAMMIT.

LETS TALK ABOUT TIE KNOTS. WHATS YOUR FAVORITE? WHAT CAN'T YOU TIE AND WOULD LIKE TO?

I can apparently sort of tie a half windsor, but its not perfect. I've tied a windsor once and it worked, but now I forget so I have to practice. I've also done a four in hand knot and it worked.

PS: Apologies to myself (nine). A double-windsor to my knowledge dosen't exist, it's just a term for a windsor knot as opposed to a half-windsor.

PPS: Silk-ties > *

Quote by Alizarin:

11-09-2007 2:12 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I eat what the hell I want to eat myself, yeah. I need to lose weight but eh.

Freeze: How tall are you?
11-09-2007 2:14 AMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Neither of those questions were about ties. I'll eat you two okay, carve you up and bbq the flesh and consume it.

TIES DAMMIT, TIES.

Quote by Alizarin:

11-09-2007 2:18 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I don't think I'd taste good. Too fuzzy.

Mm, ties.
11-09-2007 2:33 AMFreeze is offline Send an Email to Freeze Search for Posts by Freeze Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I am six feet tall

Also, my dad has like a million ties, each with a different design. That's the way to go

Quote by Necro:

i ate the dough

11-09-2007 2:48 AMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

....Okay apparently the nephilim from the old testament must exist. I mean first this person I knew in high school, then X, now you, theres some tall motherfuckers running around while I'm still like 5' 10".

Thats beyond coincidence, me associating with all these 6 foot or more people. Something must be up there.

Quote by Alizarin:

11-09-2007 8:05 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

My tie was a full windsor. ;D And it was the only red one my dad had, and Hubby has a red tie. >.>

Tolkien: If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.

11-09-2007 10:04 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Originally posted by Sharpshooter005
....Okay apparently the nephilim from the old testament must exist. I mean first this person I knew in high school, then X, now you, theres some tall motherfuckers running around while I'm still like 5' 10".

Thats beyond coincidence, me associating with all these 6 foot or more people. Something must be up there.

Crap we've been caught
11-09-2007 11:34 AMNine XXVI is offline Send an Email to Nine XXVI Search for Posts by Nine XXVI Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
PS: Apologies to myself (nine). A double-windsor to my knowledge dosen't exist, it's just a term for a windsor knot as opposed to a half-windsor.

Really? Jay-Z lied to me then. Anyway, I do wrap around twice and then loop it for the finish.

Quote:

But Sharpie, you are 6'0"... and by you I mean me. :o
Peace.

11-09-2007 11:38 AMOld Gabén is offline Send an Email to Old Gabén Search for Posts by Old Gabén Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Neither of those questions were about ties. I'll eat you two okay, carve you up and bbq the flesh and consume it.

TIES DAMMIT, TIES.

SECRET'S IN THE SAUCE

11-09-2007 11:38 AMNine XXVI is offline Send an Email to Nine XXVI Search for Posts by Nine XXVI Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Originally posted by Malcolm X
Quote:

TIES DAMMIT, TIES.

SECRET'S IN THE SAUCE

Wasn't that Fried Green Tomatoes? If so, that's not a bad movie by any means either.
Peace.

11-09-2007 12:20 PMSZO is offline Send an Email to SZO Homepage of SZO Search for Posts by SZO Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

lol, though I was the only one who's 5"10".
11-09-2007 1:02 PMOld Gabén is offline Send an Email to Old Gabén Search for Posts by Old Gabén Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Originally posted by Col. Nine
Quote:
Originally posted by Malcolm X
Quote:

TIES DAMMIT, TIES.

SECRET'S IN THE SAUCE

Wasn't that Fried Green Tomatoes? If so, that's not a bad movie by any means either.
Peace.

+

11-09-2007 1:04 PMNine XXVI is offline Send an Email to Nine XXVI Search for Posts by Nine XXVI Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

THIS ARE THE BEST RIBS I'VE EVER TASTED...

...the joke is, he's actually eating a person. :o
Peace.

11-09-2007 1:37 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Originally posted by X-sah
I don't think I'd taste good. Too fuzzy.

I dunno, you'd probably be delicious

Tolkien: If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.

Pages (7): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] 5 6 next » ... last »« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » The Jerkstore  » Prognosis Negative - Polls  » TIES