What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Coffee Table Book - Writings  » What Are You Trying To Read Right Now?» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (91): [1] 2 3 next » ... last »Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page What Are You Trying To Read Right Now?
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
01-14-2008 12:16 PMNine XXVI is offline Send an Email to Nine XXVI Search for Posts by Nine XXVI Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Kind of surprised there wasn't a thread like this before. Also, this is my first thread in the Library forum. Somethin' so woo and ask about me.

Anyway, same with the games and flicks, post down what you are reading at the moment. No X, textbooks don't count... lace-curtain.

No Country For Old Men - Cormac McCarthy
Peace.

01-14-2008 12:57 PMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I'm officially terrified right now. I was just thinking of starting a thread like this, probably no more than an hour ago.

I've basically cleared my list of reading material for now. I finished Hannibal Rising, Salem's Lot, and A Father's Story, basically gave up on American Psycho, and From Russia with Love is on hold for an indeterminate amount of time.

I did a search on whom the best-selling fiction author of all time was, and I got Agatha Christie as a result. Thus, I've been considering picking up something of hers...but what?
01-14-2008 1:07 PMNine XXVI is offline Send an Email to Nine XXVI Search for Posts by Nine XXVI Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Originally posted by Tallgeese
I'm officially terrified right now. I was just thinking of starting a thread like this, probably no more than an hour ago.

Great minds think alike, my friend~
Peace.

01-14-2008 1:35 PMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

*bows* Thank you again, good sir.
01-14-2008 10:32 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Originally posted by Tallgeese
I did a search on whom the best-selling fiction author of all time was, and I got Agatha Christie as a result. Thus, I've been considering picking up something of hers...but what?

Huh? I think that list is wrong. What about... ugh... Rowling?
01-14-2008 10:39 PMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Well, maybe it's an old list. Regardless, I sure as hell ain't gonna' read any of her books.
01-14-2008 10:41 PMOld Gabén is offline Send an Email to Old Gabén Search for Posts by Old Gabén Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

CHRISTIE SUCKSSSSS

I'M READING THE AMBER SPYGLASS

NEXT IS ENDER'S SHADOW MAYBE

01-14-2008 10:45 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I sadly, have nothing to read at the moment except Internet crapola.

I like Sword of Truth.
01-14-2008 10:55 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I'm reading The Last Unicorn.

Joan Rivers: Life goes by fast. Enjoy it. Calm down. It's all funny. Next. Everyone gets so upset about the wrong things.

01-14-2008 10:57 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Originally posted by Dirty Twat

Oh, you started reading it? I should take a crack at it too.
01-14-2008 11:01 PMOld Gabén is offline Send an Email to Old Gabén Search for Posts by Old Gabén Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:

WASN'T THERE A FUCKING WEIRD MOVIE OFF OF THIS, WITH TIM CURRY AS SATAN?

01-14-2008 11:01 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I'm on chapter 3 I think

Joan Rivers: Life goes by fast. Enjoy it. Calm down. It's all funny. Next. Everyone gets so upset about the wrong things.

01-14-2008 11:02 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Also Money, you're thinking of Legend.

Last Unicorn has an animated movie

01-14-2008 11:02 PMMav is offline Send an Email to Mav Homepage of Mav Search for Posts by Mav Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Friend of mine lent me her copy of The Time Traveller's Wife.

It's okay/pretty good, and is fitting to read now since I just finished Slaughterhouse-Five.

Dammit Mav, you're Gay

Quote by Alizarin:
<Alizarin>: mav mav he's mabulous la la la

Quote by Daveh:
I thought of you and my cock got as hard as a diamond, the rope stood no chance D:

01-14-2008 11:02 PMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Originally posted by Aristdottle
WASN'T THERE A FUCKING WEIRD MOVIE OFF OF THIS, WITH TIM CURRY AS SATAN?

Doesn't that describe all Tim Curry movies?
01-14-2008 11:03 PMDiglett is offline Send an Email to Diglett Search for Posts by Diglett Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I might reread Battle Royale.
01-14-2008 11:04 PMMav is offline Send an Email to Mav Homepage of Mav Search for Posts by Mav Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Originally posted by Yangus

Oooooo I should do that... been a while since the last time I read it.

Though I have other books I need to reread more.

Dammit Mav, you're Gay

Quote by Alizarin:
<Alizarin>: mav mav he's mabulous la la la

Quote by Daveh:
I thought of you and my cock got as hard as a diamond, the rope stood no chance D:

01-14-2008 11:07 PMOld Gabén is offline Send an Email to Old Gabén Search for Posts by Old Gabén Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Also Money, you're thinking of Legend.

Last Unicorn has an animated movie

OH, MY BAD

I FEEL LIKE I'VE SEEN UNICORN THOUGH

01-14-2008 11:12 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Originally posted by Yangus

I never read it, I just know the second movie is apparently like..totally nonsensical in a bad way

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

01-14-2008 11:13 PMDiglett is offline Send an Email to Diglett Search for Posts by Diglett Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

It's pretty gory, the descriptions of death are humorous.

Alot of the characters, they get these huge established backgrounds in one page and then they die the next. It's great.

If I can recall, a kid getting shot in the head with a MAC-10 wearing a helmet was described as turning into a bowl of soup.
Pages (91): [1] 2 3 next » ... last »« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Coffee Table Book - Writings  » What Are You Trying To Read Right Now?