What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Triangle Guy - Art  » The Television Vanishes» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (292): [1] 2 3 next » ... last »Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page The Television Vanishes
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
01-14-2008 10:37 PMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

A rip-off of Nine's movie thread (which was a rip-off of that "What are you listening to?" thread in the first place), just about TV shows. Basically, what're you watching?

I've been tuning into Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles... It's sort of entertaining, but pretty damned corny and melodramatic. Sarah has some internal monologue about identity or the apocalypse (or, in tonight's case, 9/11! Yay!) in every episode, sometimes several times an episode.

The show also kind of ignores the story set out by Terminator 2 and 3, so if you're expecting it to be totally faithful to the film franchise, you're out of luck. I really think this is a good idea, though, to try to separate itself right off the bat. We all know that prequels always screw up the details. I'm happy this show isn't even bothering to try.

Still, it'd be nice if the show could keep more consistent with itself. Massive logic error in tonight's episode. Previous episode, Sarah Connor blows up a Terminator right before she, her son, and Terminator Chick teleport through time. Naturally, after their time travel, they end up with no clothes or weapons or anything of the sort. The show explains, like the movie, how nothing non-living can come through the time travel process. The Terminators only make it since they're metal surrounded by living tissue.

Explain, then, how the completely flesh-stripped, exploded bits of the Terminator that Sarah blew up also managed to fly through time and reassemble themselves on the other side. Did no one notice this when they were writing the episode? Seriousky?
01-14-2008 10:42 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Living metal?
01-14-2008 10:44 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Honestly I just think of the show as the fugitive but with robots. Which is largely what it is.

Wait did they blow it up or just...hit it with that weird rotary grenade launcher (sorry, FUTURE rotary grenade launcher) and knock it back, I can't remember now

Quote:
Did no one notice this when they were writing the episode? Seriousky?

Also I have no clue when this was finished in relation to the writers strike, they might have just had nobody really to go back and fix it prior to airtime

edit: Also I just remembered, it does sort of obliquely hint at terminator 3 when it mentions sarah dying of cancer at some point, but then retcons it with the whole safe-deposit box timefuckery device

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

01-14-2008 10:46 PMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I never watched The Fugitive. Then again, I never see it aired on TV.

The TV show, not the movie.

And they blew it up. I mean, you see the head fly off before time-travel, and then the head rockets through time into 2007.
01-14-2008 10:47 PMOld Gabén is offline Send an Email to Old Gabén Search for Posts by Old Gabén Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I... DON'T WATCH MUCH TV

I'VE BEEN TUNING INTO DEATH NOTE ACCIDENTALLY, BUT I HAVEN'T CHANGED THE CHANEL, I REALLY LIKE THE WHOLE SPY VS SPY THING

01-14-2008 10:48 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

It's pretty old now.

Swap "destroy skynet" (oh and again, the uh...yeah, killbots from a post-apocalyptic future) with the main character on the lam and trying to find the guy who killed his wife and framed him for it, and you've largely got an almost identical premise

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Alizarin:

01-14-2008 10:49 PMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

It wasn't me! It was the one-armed man!
01-14-2008 10:50 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Exactly.

Quote by Alizarin:

01-14-2008 10:53 PMOld Gabén is offline Send an Email to Old Gabén Search for Posts by Old Gabén Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I DIDN'T KILL MY WIFE

01-14-2008 11:02 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I don't care

Quote by Alizarin:

01-15-2008 10:33 AMNine XXVI is offline Send an Email to Nine XXVI Search for Posts by Nine XXVI Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Originally posted by Tallgeese
A rip-off of Nine's movie thread (which was a rip-off of that "What are you listening to?" thread in the first place), just about TV shows. Basically, what're you watching?

...well played, sir.

Quote:
Originally posted by Aristdottle
I... DON'T WATCH MUCH TV

I'VE BEEN TUNING INTO DEATH NOTE ACCIDENTALLY, BUT I HAVEN'T CHANGED THE CHANEL, I REALLY LIKE THE WHOLE SPY VS SPY THING

The same, unless its ESPN (which I ironically hate with a passion) or some talk show. There's no new shows for me to be interested in, what with the whole fucking writers' strike and what have you.

Also, been watching Death Note as well.
Peace.

01-15-2008 10:43 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I was watching Aladdin a sec ago. The TV show.
01-15-2008 10:45 AMNine XXVI is offline Send an Email to Nine XXVI Search for Posts by Nine XXVI Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Originally posted by X-sah
I was watching Aladdin a sec ago. The TV show.

...of course you were.
Peace.

01-15-2008 10:46 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I'm serious.
01-15-2008 10:51 AMNine XXVI is offline Send an Email to Nine XXVI Search for Posts by Nine XXVI Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I know, which makes it lol.
Peace.

01-15-2008 10:54 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Not much else on TV!
01-15-2008 10:55 AMNine XXVI is offline Send an Email to Nine XXVI Search for Posts by Nine XXVI Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Obviously not, with it being 11 in the morning and what have you.
Peace.

01-15-2008 10:56 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I need sleep.
01-17-2008 12:38 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I'm watchin me some Ghosthunters International and regular Ghosthunters

Brad: No. You don't understand. I've been dead for 35 years. Today is the day I live.

01-17-2008 12:39 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Oh, back to back?
Pages (292): [1] 2 3 next » ... last »« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Triangle Guy - Art  » The Television Vanishes