What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Triangle Guy - Art  » The Television Vanishes» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (292): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 next » ... last »Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page The Television Vanishes
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
01-17-2008 10:45 PMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Umm... something on TV.

01-18-2008 1:09 AMNine XXVI is offline Send an Email to Nine XXVI Search for Posts by Nine XXVI Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Originally posted by Vijya Gaem Elitist
Quote:
Originally posted by Tallgeese
M*A*S*H

<3

I always liked the movie more.

And I'd be pissed that X hasn't heard of Mama's Family, but its goddamn it.
Peace.

01-18-2008 1:11 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I don't understand why I'd hear about these things.
01-18-2008 1:13 AMNine XXVI is offline Send an Email to Nine XXVI Search for Posts by Nine XXVI Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I don't understand how you don't hear about these things.
Peace.

01-18-2008 1:14 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Bad hearing?
01-18-2008 1:20 AMNine XXVI is offline Send an Email to Nine XXVI Search for Posts by Nine XXVI Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Somethin' so .............
Peace.

01-18-2008 1:20 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

You asked!
01-18-2008 2:56 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I've heard of momma's family.

Not..not sure if I'm happy for that, but I've seen it.

Quote:
That's a common practice of Fox. Once a show gets remotely popular it shifts the timeslot around crazily.

If it hits a Friday night time slot, just accept it's probably never coming back.

Pretty much the only exception to this I can think of is x-files, and I'm pretty sure that just barely managed to make it past season 1

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

01-18-2008 6:46 PMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Originally posted by Nahne Jericho
Quote:
Originally posted by Vijya Gaem Elitist
Quote:
Originally posted by Tallgeese
M*A*S*H

<3

I always liked the movie more.

Naturally.

Like a lot of folks, I watched the movie after I watched the TV series and couldn't really get into the flick. I watched it several times after just to make sure, but no luck. The book was a little bit better.

Funny thing, got M*A*S*H on again right now. REPTEITIVE VIEWNIG
01-19-2008 1:24 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

MASH is a classic show.

I've never seen the movie, I probably should.

But I grew up watching the show, and still periodically do. Nothing wrong with liking it.

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Alizarin:

01-19-2008 12:10 PMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Well, just do yourself a favor if you watch the movie: Don't expect it being anything like the TV show. Setting and character names aside, they have almost nothing in common.
01-27-2008 12:41 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Warning to anyone planning on watching Terminator: The Sarah Conner Chronicles on monday (which I guess only consists of moose and myself...or maybe he gave up on it, so perhaps it's only me)

Not airing then, Bush's last state of the union is then. You can heckle it at least?

...Goddammit, end the writers strike. I'm supposed to be watching 24 in January, and there would be other shows too, colbert would have more material and so on. This isn't right.

Quote by Alizarin:

01-27-2008 2:31 AMNine XXVI is offline Send an Email to Nine XXVI Search for Posts by Nine XXVI Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Originally posted by Sharpshooter005
...Goddammit, end the writers strike. I'm supposed to be watching 24 in January, and there would be other shows too, colbert would have more material and so on. This isn't right.

Thank you.

Seriousky, we get the fucking point. You want profits on shit you want from the goddamn Internet (I knew this shithole would fuckin shit up eventually), but now its just fucking annoying. I mean it, if the Oscars get trashed because of this nonsense, I'm going to make sure someone gets "snubbed" alright.
Peace.

01-27-2008 7:42 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I'll help.

Ninja!

Moose: I wonder how many trannies were created from Chun-Li players losing to Guile.

01-27-2008 7:47 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

The daily show fucking SUCKS during the strike. I like Jon Stewart but..look he's handling this poorly, Colbert is having some great moments, but Stewart..isn't, frankly. I think I saw a repeat of a segment they did many months ago.

End the strike, I don't even care HOW anymore I used to be a supporter of the writers, I still am kind of...but...someone just fucking cave already. Whoever loses, if television happens again I'll benefit. We all will.

Quote by Alizarin:

01-27-2008 8:42 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

This is the interesting thing about strikes I keep seeing happening...

Initially, populace is for the workers who want the money they say they are entitled to... until the strike inconvienences them.

Who exactly are the writers pissed at, the producers?
01-27-2008 2:33 PMMav is offline Send an Email to Mav Homepage of Mav Search for Posts by Mav Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Originally posted by Sharpshooter005
The daily show fucking SUCKS during the strike. I like Jon Stewart but..look he's handling this poorly, Colbert is having some great moments, but Stewart..isn't, frankly. I think I saw a repeat of a segment they did many months ago.

End the strike, I don't even care HOW anymore I used to be a supporter of the writers, I still am kind of...but...someone just fucking cave already. Whoever loses, if television happens again I'll benefit. We all will.

...I thought Daily Show and Colbert Report were doing repeats until the strike ended?

I admit I'm not to up on this since I don't have a TV here, though.

Dammit Mav, you're Gay

Quote by Alizarin:
<Alizarin>: mav mav he's mabulous la la la

Quote by Daveh:
I thought of you and my cock got as hard as a diamond, the rope stood no chance D:

01-27-2008 2:51 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Wow, no TV? Can't you in theory get TV on a computer monitor?
01-27-2008 2:53 PMMav is offline Send an Email to Mav Homepage of Mav Search for Posts by Mav Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Originally posted by X-sah
Wow, no TV? Can't you in theory get TV on a computer monitor?

Well, I have a monitor, but no cable, you know?

I mean, sure, I can download shows onto my mac if I wanted to, and I did that with Heroes and House back in the fall, but... don't care enough to do that for shows like Daily Show or Colbert Report.

My main point was that I'm not up to date on news involving the strike, really.

Dammit Mav, you're Gay

Quote by Alizarin:
<Alizarin>: mav mav he's mabulous la la la

Quote by Daveh:
I thought of you and my cock got as hard as a diamond, the rope stood no chance D:

01-27-2008 2:54 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Ah, if only you could TIVO your monitor.
Pages (292): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 next » ... last »« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Triangle Guy - Art  » The Television Vanishes