What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Triangle Guy - Art  » The Television Vanishes» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (292): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] 5 6 next » ... last »Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page The Television Vanishes
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
01-27-2008 2:55 PMMav is offline Send an Email to Mav Homepage of Mav Search for Posts by Mav Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Originally posted by X-sah
Ah, if only you could TIVO your monitor.

Apparently there's this thing called a slingback that lets you connect to your cable set up at home if you're like, travelling or whatever, but I dont' have that.

Dammit Mav, you're Gay

Quote by Alizarin:
<Alizarin>: mav mav he's mabulous la la la

Quote by Daveh:
I thought of you and my cock got as hard as a diamond, the rope stood no chance D:

01-27-2008 5:28 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Never heard of it at all, huh.
01-27-2008 9:54 PMNine XXVI is offline Send an Email to Nine XXVI Search for Posts by Nine XXVI Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Who exactly are the writers pissed at, the producers?

Yes. Oh so much.
Peace.

01-27-2008 10:21 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I just don't see why the producers don't fucking cave. They have to be losing cash at this point.
01-27-2008 10:29 PMNine XXVI is offline Send an Email to Nine XXVI Search for Posts by Nine XXVI Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
I just don't see why the producers don't fucking cave. They have to be losing cash at this point.

Well I posted in my journal that the industry is losing 23 millon dollars a day because of the strike. And that's got to have been even more so now with award season taking place and all.
Peace.

01-27-2008 10:37 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Do the producers think they can outlast the writers or something?
01-27-2008 10:43 PMNine XXVI is offline Send an Email to Nine XXVI Search for Posts by Nine XXVI Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Well since the PGA and DGA got their deal settled pretty damn fast unlike the writers, they're probably wanting for that to happen.

I mean, eventually the writers are going to come to the point in the script where they have to eat and fend for the family and what else have you.
Peace.

01-27-2008 10:45 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Exactly, which fucking sucks in my opinion. Since the producers have all the money, they can afford to wait.
01-27-2008 10:48 PMOld Gabén is offline Send an Email to Old Gabén Search for Posts by Old Gabén Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I THOUGHT FILM WRITERS WERE WORKING ON VIDEO GAMES OR SOMETHING, WHICH APPARENTLY DOESN'T BREAK THE RULES

01-27-2008 10:51 PMNine XXVI is offline Send an Email to Nine XXVI Search for Posts by Nine XXVI Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

lolvideogames

Also, I didn't know that. If they are. I mean, some independent studios like United Artists have a waiver with the WGA, so writers are working for them as well. I mean, and I'm speaking for myself, but I rather starve then write for Tom Cruise so yeah.
Peace.

01-27-2008 10:53 PMOld Gabén is offline Send an Email to Old Gabén Search for Posts by Old Gabén Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

THE VIDEA > CRUISE, YEAH

01-27-2008 10:54 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

...Tom Cruise movies need writers? I demand visual proof.
01-27-2008 11:10 PMOld Gabén is offline Send an Email to Old Gabén Search for Posts by Old Gabén Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

INB4 ALL MOVIES NEED WRITERS, WELL I WAS MAKING A JOKE, THE JOKE WAS THAT TOM CRUISE MOVIES ARE STUPID, YEAH BUT ITS YOU X AND THERE'S NEVER ANY WAY TO TELL BECAUSE YOU MIGHT BE ACTUALLY ASKING, AND THEN I'D HAVE TO DETAIL THE WHOLE PROCESS OF TAKING A MOVIE FROM A PITCH TO A FINISHED PRODUCT THAT INVOLVES A LOT MORE THAN WHAT'S DIRECTLY VIEWABLE IN THE FINAL PRODUCT, WHICH INCLUDES WRITERS, NO MATTER HOW BAD THE MOVIE ENDS UP BEING, JESUS WHY DO YOU EVEN ASK THESE THINGS, AND WHY DO I EVEN THINK ABOUT RESPONDING, HONESTLY THERE'S NEVER A RIGHT ANSWER HERE, HELL THERE'S NOT EVEN AN ANSWER, THE ANSWER IS DON'T POST ANYTHING IN RESPONSE, JUST WAIT UNTIL THIS THREAD SINKS AND IS PICKED UP IN RANDOM THREAD OR GO ON AS THOUGH THE POST NEVER HAPPENED

FUCK

FUCKING FUCKFUCKS

01-27-2008 11:30 PMNine XXVI is offline Send an Email to Nine XXVI Search for Posts by Nine XXVI Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Originally posted by The King
INB4 ALL MOVIES NEED WRITERS, WELL I WAS MAKING A JOKE, THE JOKE WAS THAT TOM CRUISE MOVIES ARE STUPID, YEAH BUT ITS YOU X AND THERE'S NEVER ANY WAY TO TELL BECAUSE YOU MIGHT BE ACTUALLY ASKING, AND THEN I'D HAVE TO DETAIL THE WHOLE PROCESS OF TAKING A MOVIE FROM A PITCH TO A FINISHED PRODUCT THAT INVOLVES A LOT MORE THAN WHAT'S DIRECTLY VIEWABLE IN THE FINAL PRODUCT, WHICH INCLUDES WRITERS, NO MATTER HOW BAD THE MOVIE ENDS UP BEING, JESUS WHY DO YOU EVEN ASK THESE THINGS, AND WHY DO I EVEN THINK ABOUT RESPONDING, HONESTLY THERE'S NEVER A RIGHT ANSWER HERE, HELL THERE'S NOT EVEN AN ANSWER, THE ANSWER IS DON'T POST ANYTHING IN RESPONSE, JUST WAIT UNTIL THIS THREAD SINKS AND IS PICKED UP IN RANDOM THREAD OR GO ON AS THOUGH THE POST NEVER HAPPENED

FUCK

FUCKING FUCKFUCKS

Somethin' so Laughing Out Loud

Unfortunately, the lace-curtain never does that so yeah.
Peace.

01-28-2008 10:30 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

...I was actually making a joke about Tom Cruise movies specifically, yes.

I mean... what has he been in lately?
01-28-2008 10:39 AMOld Gabén is offline Send an Email to Old Gabén Search for Posts by Old Gabén Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

MISSION III, AMIRITE?

THAT MOVIE WASN'T TERRIBLE, IT DID HAVE PSH AND THERE WAS LOTS OF GOOD OLD FASHIONED "GOOD COP, INSANE COP" AND SOME RUNNING AROUND AND ELBOW FIGHTING

SO I DIDN'T COUNT IT AS A LOSS, I MEAN

01-28-2008 10:42 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Well yeah, all I could think of was Mission III.
01-28-2008 10:43 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

...War of the Worlds?

Necro: holy SHIT, sharp was on ritalin? that explains alot

01-28-2008 11:01 AMPedocles is offline Send an Email to Pedocles Search for Posts by Pedocles Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
MISSION III, AMIRITE?

THAT MOVIE WASN'T TERRIBLE, IT DID HAVE PSH AND THERE WAS LOTS OF GOOD OLD FASHIONED "GOOD COP, INSANE COP" AND SOME RUNNING AROUND AND ELBOW FIGHTING

SO I DIDN'T COUNT IT AS A LOSS, I MEAN

Brain bomb ftw

Quote:
In life, be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

01-28-2008 1:12 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
I THOUGHT FILM WRITERS WERE WORKING ON VIDEO GAMES OR SOMETHING, WHICH APPARENTLY DOESN'T BREAK THE RULES

Yeah, theres also some (very few) shows which I think are non-union

Also this "don't write anything during the strike" thing isn't being followed, I guarantee you some writer is secretly working on his dream project during the downtime

Quote:
...I thought Daily Show and Colbert Report were doing repeats until the strike ended?

Comedy Central I think did the same thing NBC pulled with Leno and Conan, basically saying "come back, or we'll axe everyone who works on the show" (stagehands, lighting guys, that whole aspect of the production team)

Also unless I'm wrong I think theres technically a loophole where if you're the producer AND writer of a show, you TECHNICALLY can still go on the air and it dosen't violate some part of the contract.

And of course Letterman's back (also that uh...the other dude...craig ferguson or whatever, same company owns both) since he owns his own show through his production company and managed to work out a settlement on his own.

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

Pages (292): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] 5 6 next » ... last »« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Triangle Guy - Art  » The Television Vanishes