What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Coffee Table Book - Writings  » SO» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 next » ... last »Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page SO
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
01-16-2008 7:54 PMOld Gabén is offline Send an Email to Old Gabén Search for Posts by Old Gabén Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I HAS TO WRITE A STORY FOR MY MYTH/FANTASY/SCI-FI CLASS BY THE END-ISH OF THE SEMESTER, MORE THAN 750 WORDS AND LESS THAN 20 PAGES

ANYONE WITH A HILARIOUS IDEA OR SUGGESTION FOR TOPIC?

01-16-2008 7:55 PMNine XXVI is offline Send an Email to Nine XXVI Search for Posts by Nine XXVI Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Write about TDottle in the same vein as Heroes.

There, run with that.

EDIT: Also, those requirements are too easy.
Peace.

01-16-2008 8:10 PMOld Gabén is offline Send an Email to Old Gabén Search for Posts by Old Gabén Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Originally posted by Nahne Jericho

There, run with that.

Peace.

THEY ONLY LOOK EASY

SHE'D FAIL YOU IF YOU WROTE 750 WORDS

01-16-2008 8:11 PMNine XXVI is offline Send an Email to Nine XXVI Search for Posts by Nine XXVI Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Wow, really?

Anyway, do eet. Do eet now.

EDIT: Or a TDottle version of No Country For Old Men. I call Chigurh.
Peace.

01-16-2008 8:12 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Word for word copy of the epic of Gilgamesh, but with forum names and/or memes inserted sporadically

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

01-17-2008 1:12 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Originally posted by Aristdottle
Quote:
Originally posted by Nahne Jericho

There, run with that.

Peace.

THEY ONLY LOOK EASY

SHE'D FAIL YOU IF YOU WROTE 750 WORDS

I agree with Nine. It should be forum related.
01-17-2008 1:13 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

...what? Sci-fi fantasy class? God they have a class for any kind of shit

X: I can draw a better swastika than that. It's just a bunch of straight lines!

01-17-2008 1:17 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Could be a literature class.
01-17-2008 1:20 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I'm hoping he meant a mythology class, or some weird spin-off about contemporary spins on the basic mythological stories (which really is...like..yeah, all sci-fi is that. And fantasy is an even more thinly veiled ripoff)

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Alizarin:

01-17-2008 1:21 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Ha, if you want ripoffs, read Sword of Truth. It's medieval Atlas Shrugged. I can't believe I like that series sometimes. It just got worse with the BS after book 2.
01-17-2008 1:23 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

...Atlas Shrugged wasn't part of a series

Quote by Alizarin:

01-17-2008 1:24 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I meant Sword of Truth is the series. It is HEAVILY Randian. It even manages to have Judeo-Christian communists.
01-17-2008 1:28 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I've met some of those, they're called liberation theologists

Quote by Alizarin:

01-17-2008 1:32 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

But yeah, they're evil. Even the smart religious ones are made out to be stupid for believing in a Creator.
01-17-2008 12:21 PMOld Gabén is offline Send an Email to Old Gabén Search for Posts by Old Gabén Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Originally posted by X-sah
Could be a literature class.

YEP

AND I'M NOT GOING TO JUSTIFY IT, OTHER THAN I HAVE TO READ A WHOLE LOT, AND MOST OF THE TIME ITS SHIT LIKE FRANKENSTEIN

PROTIP: SNOW CRASH IS ON THE LIST, BITCHES

01-17-2008 1:54 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
MOST OF THE TIME ITS SHIT LIKE FRANKENSTEIN

Alright, yeah I'm guessing this is what he meant by "sci-fi" since thats like one of the earliest examples.

Even then it's got (arguably) kind of an industrial revolution allegory vibe going on

Quote by Alizarin:

01-17-2008 2:27 PMNine XXVI is offline Send an Email to Nine XXVI Search for Posts by Nine XXVI Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Originally posted by Aristdottle
PROTIP: SNOW CRASH IS ON THE LIST, BITCHES

inb4D
Peace.

01-17-2008 4:23 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Originally posted by Sharpshooter005
Quote:
MOST OF THE TIME ITS SHIT LIKE FRANKENSTEIN

Alright, yeah I'm guessing this is what he meant by "sci-fi" since thats like one of the earliest examples.

Even then it's got (arguably) kind of an industrial revolution allegory vibe going on

I seriousky, seriousky doubt that's what he meant. Probably Hitchiker's Galaxy.
01-17-2008 6:20 PMOld Gabén is offline Send an Email to Old Gabén Search for Posts by Old Gabén Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Mary Shelley.Frankenstein. Signet
Marge Piercy. He, She, and It. Fawcett/Ballantine
Angela Carter. The Bloody Chamber. Penguin
J.R.R. Tolkien. The Fellowship of the Ring. Random House
Neal Stephenson. Snow Crash. Bantam
Connie Willis. Bellwether. Bantam
Robert Jordan. The Eye of the World. Tom Doherty
Douglas Adams. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Random House
Octavia Butler. The Parable of the Sower. Grand Central/Warner Books
Gardner Dozois, ed. The Best of the Best: Twenty Five Years of the Best Science Fiction. St. Martin's Press

THEMS IT

01-17-2008 6:22 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Ha, I so called Hitchhiker's Guide. There's predoctable, then there's dumb.
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 next » ... last »« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Coffee Table Book - Writings  » SO