What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Coffee Table Book - Writings  » SO» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (4): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page SO
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
01-18-2008 10:04 AMPedocles is offline Send an Email to Pedocles Search for Posts by Pedocles Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I wish I was a giant genius freak of nature.

Quote:
In life, be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

01-18-2008 10:13 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I mostly don't like good and evil archetypes when they're supposed to serve as an obvious representation of real people, but eh.
01-18-2008 10:28 AMOld Gabén is offline Send an Email to Old Gabén Search for Posts by Old Gabén Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Originally posted by X-sah
I mostly don't like good and evil archetypes when they're supposed to serve as an obvious representation of real people, but eh.

WAIT HAVE YOU READ THESE

BECAUSE THAT'S THE POINT, THE GUY REMEMBERS HIS BROTHER AS BEING THE DEVIL, AND HIS SISTER AS THE NICEST PERSON IN THE WORLD, AND HE GOES INTO ... CRAZY NONSENSE LAND AND HE MAKES THEM OUT OF HIS SUBCONCIOUS, SO THEY AREN'T THE REAL PEOPLE THEY'RE THE DEVIL THE NICE LITTLE GIRL HE REMEMBERS

01-18-2008 10:44 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

No, hjvaen't read them, I'm just making a general comment.
01-18-2008 11:41 AMPedocles is offline Send an Email to Pedocles Search for Posts by Pedocles Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Originally posted by Aristdottle
CRAZY NONSENSE LAND

Faster than light travel is powered by wishes!

Quote:

01-18-2008 1:57 PMOld Gabén is offline Send an Email to Old Gabén Search for Posts by Old Gabén Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

MORE LIKE THOUGHT

BUT ITS STILL KIND OF LAWL, "I MOVE FASTER THAN LIGHT BECAUSE I THOUGHT ABOUT MYSELF MOVING FASTER THAN LIGHT"

01-18-2008 2:18 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

That's crazy talk.
01-18-2008 2:29 PMMav is offline Send an Email to Mav Homepage of Mav Search for Posts by Mav Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
That's crazy talk.

Pretty much. The faster-than-light stuff in the Ender books is pretty much "...yeah we don't really know how it works, but it does, so who cares?"

Dammit Mav, you're Gay

Quote by Alizarin:
<Alizarin>: mav mav he's mabulous la la la

Quote by Daveh:
I thought of you and my cock got as hard as a diamond, the rope stood no chance D:

01-18-2008 2:33 PMOld Gabén is offline Send an Email to Old Gabén Search for Posts by Old Gabén Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

DON'T QUESTION IT, THEY'LL USE THE DOCTOR ON YOU

01-18-2008 4:13 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Doesn't thought move ar the speed of electricity anyway?
01-18-2008 4:40 PMOld Gabén is offline Send an Email to Old Gabén Search for Posts by Old Gabén Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:

THE 'PERSON' DOING THE THINKING IS A DIGITAL COMPUTER BRAIN THING THAT EXIST BETWEEN THE CONNECTIONS IN A FASTER-THAN-LIGHT COMMUNICATION SYSTEM

01-18-2008 4:59 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

That makes sense. Not.
01-18-2008 5:02 PMMav is offline Send an Email to Mav Homepage of Mav Search for Posts by Mav Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:

Probably slightly slower than that, since I doubt nerves are as good conductors as copper wire, etc.

But yeah.

Dammit Mav, you're Gay

Quote by Alizarin:

Quote by Daveh:
I thought of you and my cock got as hard as a diamond, the rope stood no chance D:

01-18-2008 5:14 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

True enough. I could explain the crap about action potentials and such, but yeah.
01-18-2008 5:15 PMMav is offline Send an Email to Mav Homepage of Mav Search for Posts by Mav Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
True enough. I could explain the crap about action potentials and such, but yeah.

I didn't spend my time sleeping through AP Bio just to hear this crap again, etc.

Dammit Mav, you're Gay

Quote by Alizarin:

Quote by Daveh:

01-18-2008 5:40 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Originally posted by The Fucking Hulk
Quote:

Probably slightly slower than that, since I doubt nerves are as good conductors as copper wire, etc.

But yeah.

DON'T TASE ME BRO

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

01-18-2008 6:52 PMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Originally posted by The Fucking Hulk
Quote:

But yeah.

And the fact that it's not just pure electricity shooting out. The impulses activate the launching of neurochemicals, which'd probably be a lot slower.

SYNAPTIC GAP FTL.

Robert Jordan is dead Frown

The philotic network thingy makes sense! OKAY! As in "THIS IS TOTAL SCI-FI" SENSE.

01-18-2008 8:12 PMOld Gabén is offline Send an Email to Old Gabén Search for Posts by Old Gabén Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

PHILOTES = DUST

OHSHI-

01-19-2008 11:23 PMPedocles is offline Send an Email to Pedocles Search for Posts by Pedocles Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

AIUAS

Quote:

01-19-2008 11:50 PMOld Gabén is offline Send an Email to Old Gabén Search for Posts by Old Gabén Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Originally posted by Damocles
AIUAS

SHITTIER WORD THAN PHILOTE

Pages (4): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 next » « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Coffee Table Book - Writings  » SO