What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Coffee Table Book - Writings  » SO» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (4): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page SO
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
01-20-2008 5:53 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Heh, Sanskrit is used in SMT.
01-23-2008 1:41 PMPedocles is offline Send an Email to Pedocles Search for Posts by Pedocles Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Originally posted by Aristdottle
DON'T QUESTION IT, THEY'LL USE THE DOCTOR ON YOU

It's my quest to invent this now.

Quote:
In life, be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

01-23-2008 3:07 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

The Doctor?
01-23-2008 4:28 PMPedocles is offline Send an Email to Pedocles Search for Posts by Pedocles Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

The LITTLE Doctor.

Quote:

01-23-2008 4:31 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Well, I suppose yours would be.
01-23-2008 4:36 PMPedocles is offline Send an Email to Pedocles Search for Posts by Pedocles Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

:facepalm:

Quote:

01-23-2008 4:37 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Seemed appropriate.
03-31-2008 12:37 AMOld Gabén is offline Send an Email to Old Gabén Search for Posts by Old Gabén Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

YOU FUCKERS DIDN'T HELP ME

AND NOW I'VE GOT LIKE TWO WEEKS TO WRITE THIS

OPTION ONE TAKES PLACE IN A UNIVERSE WHERE HERON OF ALEXANDRIA STARTED THE INDUSTRIAL REVOLUTION, THEN IN LIKE 1500 OR SOMETHING SOME SPANISH GUY REALIZES HE'S TOTALLY WASHED UP, LIKE, HIS WIFE LEAVES HIM FOR A ROBOT, HIS KIDS HATE HIM, HE GETS FIRED FROM HIS JOB BUILDING GIGANTIC AUTOCROSSBOWS OR REPAIRING MECHANICAL HORSES OR SOME SHIT -- LIKE, THE MAIN FEATURE OF THIS STORY IS cocks ALTERNATE TECHNOLOGY -- AND THEN AT THE END HE ENDS UP DEFENDING A BROKEN DOWN WINDMILL FROM PEOPLE TRYING TO KNOCK IT DOWN TO MAKE ROOM FOR OTHER SHIT, IN AN INVERSION OF DON QUIXOTE. NEVERMIND WHAT THAT MIGHT SYMBOLIZE ABOUT CHRISTIANITY OR WHATEVER, THAT'S NOT MY PROBLEM, AND IF ASKED I'M JUST GOING TO SPOUT SOME SHIT ABOUT INDUSTRIALIZATION = SECULARIZATION

UPSIDE: WEIRD, HAS LITERARY REFERENCE
DOWNSIDE: NOT FUNNY, SO IT'LL BE HARD TO WRITE

OPTION TWO INVOLVES A MAN WHO GOES TO WORK TO HANDLE DOCUMENTS ALONG WITH A LOT OF OTHER PEOPLE -- PAPER DOCUMENTS, THAT IS, BECAUSE ANYTHING THAT NEEDS TO BE KEPT SECRET IS IN PAPER FORM AFTER AN OVEREXPOSURE OF INTERNET INFORMATION SHARING. CDS HAVE STOPPED BEING PRODUCED, OTHER SHIT LIKE THAT, EVERYONE'S ALL "FUCK COMPUTERS." SO THIS GUY THINKS SOMEBODY IS FOLLOWING HIM TO WORK AND BACK, THEN HE GETS MUGGED ON THE WAY HOME AND WAKES UP WITH A RADIO TRANSCEIVER IN HIS MOUTH, AND A GUY TELLS HIM TO STEAL SOME DOCUMENT OR HE'LL BE KILLED. LIKE, NOT THE SECRET TO THE DOOMSDAY MACHINE, JUST TAX PAPERS OR SOMETHING STUPID.

FROM THERE I DON'T KNOW WHERE IT GOES, I'D LIKE TO WORK IN SOMETHING CRAZY, LIKE, COLORS IN GROUPS OF THREES ARE SOMEHOW IMPORTANT BUT YOU DON'T KNOW WHY OR HOW UNTIL THE END OF THE STORY AND BY THEN YOU REALIZE THAT SHIT'S BEEN EVERYWHERE. AND FOR SOME REASON THE BOTTOM OF THE LAST PAGE HAS BEEN SET ON FIRE, LIKE, SINGED OR SOMETHING.

AND OTHER WEIRDNESS.

UPSIDE: MORE POTENTIAL TO BE HILARIOUS, LESS HEADY/INTELLECTUAL/INTELLIGENT WHICH IS MORE MY STILE I rock.
DOWNSIDE: NOT AS FLESHED OUT, MAY ACTUALLY BE A RIPOFF OF JOHNNY MNEMONIC

CHOOSE, TDOTOL. BOTH OF THESE SUCK IS TOTALLY AN OPTION, I STILL HAVE TWO WEEKS FOR THIS

03-31-2008 2:11 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

2 is better than 1 by far, trying to be all 'lol deep' with it will only be bad.
03-31-2008 8:34 AMOld Gabén is offline Send an Email to Old Gabén Search for Posts by Old Gabén Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

YEAH THAT'S WHAT I WAS THINKING

LIKE, IF I DIDN'T WRITE LIKE ME, THAT'D BE A NICE STORY

AND I'M KEEPING THAT FUCKING UNIVERSE, ORIGINAL CHARACTER DO NOT STEAL, ETC

03-31-2008 9:43 AMNine XXVI is offline Send an Email to Nine XXVI Search for Posts by Nine XXVI Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
OPTION ONE TAKES PLACE IN A UNIVERSE WHERE HERON OF ALEXANDRIA STARTED THE INDUSTRIAL REVOLUTION, THEN IN LIKE 1500 OR SOMETHING SOME SPANISH GUY REALIZES HE'S TOTALLY WASHED UP, LIKE, HIS WIFE LEAVES HIM FOR A ROBOT, HIS KIDS HATE HIM, HE GETS FIRED FROM HIS JOB BUILDING GIGANTIC AUTOCROSSBOWS OR REPAIRING MECHANICAL HORSES OR SOME SHIT -- LIKE, THE MAIN FEATURE OF THIS STORY IS cocks ALTERNATE TECHNOLOGY -- AND THEN AT THE END HE ENDS UP DEFENDING A BROKEN DOWN WINDMILL FROM PEOPLE TRYING TO KNOCK IT DOWN TO MAKE ROOM FOR OTHER SHIT, IN AN INVERSION OF DON QUIXOTE. NEVERMIND WHAT THAT MIGHT SYMBOLIZE ABOUT CHRISTIANITY OR WHATEVER, THAT'S NOT MY PROBLEM, AND IF ASKED I'M JUST GOING TO SPOUT SOME SHIT ABOUT INDUSTRIALIZATION = SECULARIZATION

...I'm sorry Moneh, but what the fuck? I was laughing to myself for the first few sentences in. And what X said, the second option is by far better to go with, especially in the amount of time you got. Even if it does sound like the first 45 minutes of The 11 HERBS AND SPICES.

EDIT: I still love that filter.
Peace,

03-31-2008 10:23 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Originally posted by King Dedede

Make an RP
03-31-2008 11:06 AMNine XXVI is offline Send an Email to Nine XXVI Search for Posts by Nine XXVI Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Originally posted by X-sah
Quote:

Make an RP

...did you just tell Moneh to make a RP? Have you taken leave of your senses?
Peace.

03-31-2008 11:15 AMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Originally posted by Nahne Chigurh
Quote:
Quote:

Make an RP

...did you just tell Moneh to make a RP? Have you taken leave of your senses?
Peace.

I CAN'T GET IT OUT OF MY BRAIN

03-31-2008 11:19 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

My mind, it is bloken?
03-31-2008 11:21 AMNine XXVI is offline Send an Email to Nine XXVI Search for Posts by Nine XXVI Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
My motherboard, it is bloken?

Fixed, Xy-poo.
Peace.

03-31-2008 11:51 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
YOU FUCKERS DIDN'T HELP ME

AND NOW I'VE GOT LIKE TWO WEEKS TO WRITE THIS

This just blew my mind

And what are you talking about, "not funny". This is going to wind up HYSTERICAL either through design or implementation.

Quote:
DOWNSIDE: NOT AS FLESHED OUT, MAY ACTUALLY BE A RIPOFF OF JOHNNY MNEMONIC

All I know of this movie is the "I want to get online-I NEED...A COMPUTER" ytmnd

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

03-31-2008 11:56 AMOld Gabén is offline Send an Email to Old Gabén Search for Posts by Old Gabén Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Originally posted by Sharpshooter005
This just blew my mind

Awesome

I THINK THAT ONE IS HARDER TO APPRECIATE WITHOUT THE HISTORY SHIT IN YOUR BRAIN, MAYBE. OR MAYBE NINE JUST SUCKS, I DUNNO.

Quote:
And what are you talking about, "not funny". This is going to wind up HYSTERICAL either through design or implementation.

TRUE ENOUGH. BUT... I'D RATHER IT BE FUNNY BECAUSE I MADE IT FUNNY, NOT FUNNY BECAUSE IT'S AWFUL ;_;

Quote:
All I know of this movie is the "I want to get online-I NEED...A COMPUTER" ytmnd

... SAME HERE ...

03-31-2008 5:02 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I NEED HOLLY ON MY COMPUTOR
Pages (4): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Coffee Table Book - Writings  » SO