What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Triangle Guy - Art  » Movie News Thread» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (187): [1] 2 3 next » ... last »Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Movie News Thread
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
03-07-2008 4:04 AMNine XXVI is offline Send an Email to Nine XXVI Search for Posts by Nine XXVI Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

For those of us cocksuckers from PCF (its okay, don't be shy), I used to have a thread called "The Daily Hustla" in the Golden Maiyer forum (same thing as the Visual Media Masoleum here) where I posted news about movies and where others can discuss about upcoming movies, actors in you know what and others can post any news they have themselves.

Basically, I'm bringin' it back. :o

http://www.superherohype.com/news/watchmennews.php?id=6887

- Here are the first pictures of Zack Synder's (300) adaptation of Watchmen. As I fucking love the comic book and worry about how this is going to completely suck compared to the novel, these pictures aren't half bad. I love the first one of The Comedian, the others are kind of lackluster to me. I meant the actual pictures themselves are high quality and what have but I'm not sure about the actors... then again, that's probably because I have no idea who most of these people are and just so yeah. That's probably a good thing in the long run.

Quote:
Liev Schreiber as Sabretooth

What the fuck? No, just... no.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/x-mennews.php?id=6880

...you got to be fucking kidding me, a fourth Fast and Furious movie? You think they would have learned the first three times the butterballs.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=42650

The sequel to Transformers (some of you here liked that, how and why I won't venture into) is getting out of Detroit (good) and might be heading up to Philadelphia.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=42551

So yeah, this is pretty much how the Daily Hustla works. Oh, and I already collected on your "voluntary" subscription fees. The Daily Hustla appreicates doing business with you in the future... without the cops of course.

EDIT: HAPPY BIRTHDAY RACHEL WEISZ~ Luv
Peace.

03-07-2008 6:57 AMFreeze is offline Send an Email to Freeze Search for Posts by Freeze Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I'm looking forward to Watchmen way more than I was 300.

Quote by Necro:
there's this cookie cutter life that people expect you to have and once you hit your 20s you're supposed to be somewhere in the middle of it

i ate the dough

03-07-2008 6:59 AMNine XXVI is offline Send an Email to Nine XXVI Search for Posts by Nine XXVI Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Originally posted by Freeze
I'm looking forward to Watchmen way more than I was 300.

Well yeah, so am I. Because Watchmen was actually a damn good read with a complex and fully developed storyline without the THIS IS SPARTA bullshit.

I still thinks the film is going to fuck up the overall basis of the book but yeah nonetheless, I'll watch it.
Peace.

03-07-2008 9:30 AMOld Gabén is offline Send an Email to Old Gabén Search for Posts by Old Gabén Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

LOLNINEDIDN'TREADTHECOMIC

BUT

YEAH WATCHMEN. NITE OWL LOOKS AWESOME, BUT NOT FAT ENOUGH, AND... THATS A SHITTY LOOKING RORSCHACH RIGHT THERE

AND WHAT THE FUCK IS THE POINT OF HAVING OZY START OUT LOOKING LIKE A SKETCHBALL. OR FOR THAT MATTER, LOOKING LIKE A SKETCHBALL AT ALL.

03-07-2008 11:14 AMMav is offline Send an Email to Mav Homepage of Mav Search for Posts by Mav Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Ozymandias looks weird... but Rorschach looks pretty much just like he does in the book, so yeah. Comedian is awesome.

The lack of a Dr. Manhattan picture is pretty fail though.

Dammit Mav, you're Gay

Quote by Alizarin:
<Alizarin>: mav mav he's mabulous la la la

Quote by Daveh:
I thought of you and my cock got as hard as a diamond, the rope stood no chance D:

03-07-2008 1:43 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
The sequel to Transformers (some of you here liked that, desu and why I won't venture into) is getting out of Detroit (good) and might be heading up to Philadelphia.

Spoiler alert: Ed Rendell is a decepticon

edit: I like how already people are going "WATCHMEN MOVIEZ RAPING MAH CHILDHOOD COMIC" and to my knowledge theres not even a teaser trailer out. Also from all I've heard the directors basically using the comic as storyboards which is pretty much as close to the source material as I imagine one could logically get

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

03-07-2008 2:08 PMOld Gabén is offline Send an Email to Old Gabén Search for Posts by Old Gabén Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

TRANSFORMERS WAS AWESOME

I MEAN I CAN UNDERSTAND IF YOU'RE NINE AND YOU DON'T LIKE IT

BUT IF YOU WENT IN EXPECTING A MOVIE ABOUT GIANT FUCKING ROBOTS, THIS MOVIE WAS VERY HIGH ON THE DELIVERY SCALE

03-07-2008 2:23 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Just no pregnancy.
03-07-2008 4:47 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Originally posted by Sharpshooter005
Spoiler alert: Ed Rendell is a decepticon

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Alizarin:

03-07-2008 9:16 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Who
03-08-2008 6:01 AMNine XXVI is offline Send an Email to Nine XXVI Search for Posts by Nine XXVI Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Originally posted by Big Money
LOLNINEDIDN'TREADTHECOMIC

...I GOT IT IN MY ROOM, MAN.

Quote:
Originally posted by Mavveh
Ozymandias looks weird... The lack of a Dr. Manhattan picture is pretty fail though.

See Moneh, mah Mavveh knows what's up~

Quote:
I MEAN I CAN UNDERSTAND IF YOU'RE NINE AND YOU DON'T LIKE IT

BUT IF YOU WENT IN EXPECTING A MOVIE ABOUT GIANT gnikcuf ROBOTS, THIS MOVIE WAS VERY HIGH ON THE DELIVERY SCALE

SHARPIE IS ME, YOU BUTTERBALL~

ALSO, I WAS NEVER INTO TRANSFORMERS IN THE FIRST PLACE. ALSO, I HATE MICHAEL BAY WITH A PASSION OF THE CHRIST SO YEAH

Quote:
Originally posted by Sharpshooter005
edit: I like desu already people are going "WATCHMEN MOVIEZ RAPING MAH CHILDHOOD COMIC" and to my knowledge theres not even a teaser trailer out. Also from all I've heard the directors basically using the comic as storyboards which is pretty much as close to the source material as I imagine one could logically get

Did (and still doing) this in full. Mostly its because it doesn't mean filmable. There are a lot of elements in Watchmen that would be lost through the transition from book to film. Also, I don't know how but Synder wants to put in the parallel pirate story in the film as well.
Peace.

03-08-2008 10:33 AMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Everyone and their mother has told me to read Watchmen. I can't imagine why I don't give a far-flying shit.
03-08-2008 12:22 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I imagine you can Google it.
03-08-2008 1:38 PMOld Gabén is offline Send an Email to Old Gabén Search for Posts by Old Gabén Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

NO I MEAN YOU DIDN'T READ 300

UNLESS YOU DID

AND IF YOU DID, LIKE, YOU HAVE THAT IN YOUR ROOM... AGAIN, THAT MOVIE WAS HIGH ON THE DELIVERY SCALE WHEN COMPARED TO THE COMIC

I MEAN IT WAS THE FUCKING COMIC, PANEL FOR PANEL

ALSO NAW I WASN'T RAGGING ON YOU ABOUT TRANFORMERS, HONESTLY. I FOR REAL UNDERSTAND WHY YOU DON'T LIKE IT, AND THAT'S COOL. BUT IF, AS I WAS SAYING, YOU WANTED A MOVIE ABOUT TRANSFORMING GIANT ROBOTS, I CAN'T SEE HOW YOU COULD WALK OUT OF THAT THEATER AND BE LIKE "MAN, THAT SUCKED."

03-08-2008 2:04 PMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
ALSO NAW I WASN'T RAGGING ON YOU ABOUT TRANFORMERS, HONESTLY. I FOR REAL UNDERSTAND WHY YOU DON'T LIKE IT, AND THAT'S COOL. BUT IF, AS I WAS SAYING, YOU WANTED A MOVIE ABOUT TRANSFORMING GIANT ROBOTS, I CAN'T SEE desu YOU COULD WALK OUT OF THAT THEATER AND BE LIKE "MAN, THAT SUCKED."

I thought most people watched that movie specifically for the giant, transforming robots, but they didn't get enough screentime and the film instead favored the human characters that nobody liked.
03-08-2008 2:08 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Despite trailers indicating otherwise.
03-08-2008 3:01 PMOld Gabén is offline Send an Email to Old Gabén Search for Posts by Old Gabén Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I THOUGHT EVEN STEVENS WAS HILARIOUS

AND I MEAN, ITS A LITTLE HUMAN HEAVY AT THE BEGINNING, BUT I THINK THAT FITS THE WAY THE MOVIE WORKS, IT ADDS A FEW ROBOTS AT A TIME UNTIL EVERYTHING JUST STARTS BLOWING UP AND IT DOESN'T STOP UNTIL THE MOVIES OVER

FUCK THAT MOVIE WAS AWESOME

03-08-2008 3:04 PMMav is offline Send an Email to Mav Homepage of Mav Search for Posts by Mav Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Originally posted by Nine Plainview
Also, I don't know desu but Synder wants to put in the parallel pirate story in the film as well.
Peace.

It's been confirmed that he's filming the Tales of the Black Freighter thing as an animated short.

Whether or not it shows up in the movie (in the background on TVs, etc) or is just a DVD extra remains to be seen.

Dammit Mav, you're Gay

Quote by Alizarin:
<Alizarin>: mav mav he's mabulous la la la

Quote by Daveh:
I thought of you and my cock got as hard as a diamond, the rope stood no chance D:

03-09-2008 5:41 PMNine XXVI is offline Send an Email to Nine XXVI Search for Posts by Nine XXVI Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
NO I MEAN YOU DIDN'T READ 300

UNLESS YOU DID

AND IF YOU DID, LIKE, YOU HAVE THAT IN YOUR ROOM... AGAIN, THAT MOVIE WAS HIGH ON THE DELIVERY SCALE WHEN COMPARED TO THE COMIC

I MEAN IT WAS THE gnikcuf COMIC, PANEL FOR PANEL

OH. YEAH I DON'T HAVE 300 BUT I HAVE WATCHMEN

AND I READ THE NOVEL AFTER I SAW THE MOVIE. THE MOVIE BASICALLY IS THE NOVEL, LINE FOR LINE, SHOT FOR SHOT AND WHAT HAVE YOU. STILL, THE NOVEL FELT MORE REAL TO ME THEN THE MOVIE DID. AND GODDAMN YOU SYNDER AND YOUR SLOW MOTION OBSESSION.
Peace.

03-09-2008 10:59 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

All I know is prior to seeing no country for old men, a large part of me thought that book was unfilmable.

Now I know I'm wrong and it gives me hope for blood meridian

Quote by Alizarin:

Pages (187): [1] 2 3 next » ... last »« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Triangle Guy - Art  » Movie News Thread