What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Triangle Guy - Art  » Movie News Thread» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (188): « first ... « previous 186 187 [188] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Movie News Thread
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
10-06-2019 7:26 PMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I haven't seen any of this guys movies, and mostly know him cause RLM exposed him being used by a studio with the annabelle thing (which apparently he wasn't aware the contract worked that way). Periodically he posts insider director/writer things like this about production of stuff.

Social Credit score: Negative 1997

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

11-05-2019 9:12 PMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Hmm...I wonder what's getting brought back for no reason aside from "I KNOW WHAT THAT IS!" this time. Bad Boys was a sort of fun action movie with a not as good sequel from what I remember..

Oh...Sony pictures...and it's being released in january..

Sony, January release, franchise nobody really thought about. Is this a hat-trick.

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Alizarin:

11-10-2019 10:35 PMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Apparently they're making another Super Mario movie. Now if Konami can get away from their gambling machines for two seconds, I have an idea for a silent hill movie and it's very simple

You just make silent hill 2 as a movie. You know, like was set up at the end of the first one. Ignore the shit-show that was revelation. If the terminator movies can ignore awful sequels you can too.

I'll write it, I'll direct it. You don't have to worry about any bullshit 3d gimmicks or whatever. It's very simple and straight forward..you'll hate it for being slow burn and focused on depression and Pyramid Head being depicted as what he is. But..hereditary did pretty well right?

Now I don't know who to cast in it. And they'd probably demand an actual director...If not me then it should be david lynch. Or neil breen. Only they could capture the nightmare logic.

Or I just wanna see neil breen adapt silent hill 2, this would be hilarious

Quote by Alizarin:

12-10-2019 8:36 PMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Remember how everybody was disappointed when they made another ghostbusters movie, and it turned into a ridiculous culture war argument?

The good people at Sony are bringing it baaack

Quote by Alizarin:

12-12-2019 4:07 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

"There hasn't been a ghost sighting in 30 years"

loooolllll there hasn't been a Ghostbusters movie in 30 years either. Suck it, wokes.

Poe: I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.

12-13-2019 12:53 AMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Yeah when they pretty much went "So, lets ignore that last one..."

Although it's also the problem with making a sequel to skostbusters..the sequel had that issue arguably. When there's ghosts and an entity yelling "chose the form of your destruction" showing up in manhattan and people use unlicensed nuclear accelerators to shoot them, nobody is gonna forget that.

You can't really hit the reset button if that's the plot. Or I guess you could, if you explain it. "This hasn't happened for 30 years" could work..if it's established.

That was the problem with star wars, they never explained shit really. The empire is dead but now its back.

And I'm not saying you need a deep dive explanation, you just have to establish the setting or scenario.

Quote by Alizarin:

12-13-2019 1:39 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Well Egon's granddaughter doesn't know about the stuff. So I'm assuming this:

- GB lost money in court battles after GB 2
- All went their separate ways
- Winston seems to have gotten a PhD
- Egon moves to the midwest and hides all GB stuff in a barn. Probably still works on it
- Egon doesn't talk about GB stuff at all to family. Could be a matter of shame

Poe: I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.

12-14-2019 12:04 AMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

That would sort of make sense. Because Ghostbusters 2 started with them falling apart.

...Except then it ended with everybody knowing them and believing in them? So I dunno how they can do it. I guess you COULD do it...but there would have to be a reason. Like after taking out vigo the carpathian they just fall apart....that's where it falls apart...

And they can't use Egon aside from referencing him. That would rightfully piss everyone off.

It is arguably possible to reboot an old franchise. If you have a good reason..not strictly marketing...and an actual concept thats germane to or expands on the thing you're rebooting or sequalizing. (I don't think sequalizing is even a word..but...)

If you just go "REMEMBER THIS!?!" without anything else, then just don't bother.

Quote by Alizarin:

12-28-2019 12:28 AMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

The third film...won't be OPERATIONAL

Quote by Alizarin:

12-28-2019 1:45 AMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

i like how star wars is so obvious in telling you who are bad guys and who are good guys. palpatine and vader dont even try to act like theyre in the right, they just ham it up and revel in their evilness

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:
Necro: Pfft. You're a useless waste of oxygen.

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
Political Correctness Needs to Stop
08/27/2015

12-31-2019 2:23 AMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Considering the basis in the old time serials, it'd be odd if that wasn't the case. Ming the Merciless wasn't Ming the Subtle

Also you can just tell Ian McDiarmid as Palpatine especially was legit enjoying just chewing the scenery. Which is sort of vital for that type of performance, you either swing for over the fences or you don't.

Quote by Alizarin:

01-19-2020 9:54 PMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Disney is reportedly making National Treasure 3 - CNET

Insert ENDLESS TRASH here...And I sort of like the first two (fuck it, I do)

Quote by Alizarin:

Pages (188): « first ... « previous 186 187 [188] « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Triangle Guy - Art  » Movie News Thread