What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Maestro - Music  » UNCLE PHIL = SHREDDER, THE MUSIC EDITION» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (7): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » ... last »Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page UNCLE PHIL = SHREDDER, THE MUSIC EDITION
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
04-05-2010 9:26 PMKrash is offline Send an Email to Krash Search for Posts by Krash Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Just because not all of them didn't wear spandex doesn't make them not hair metal. Honestly they're like hair metal meets grunge. And hair metal doesn't immediately mean shitty band all the time, just...well, yeah about all the time it does.

The point is I'm talking completely out my ass at this point because I've never been big into Guns N' Roses.

04-05-2010 10:01 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by K‽:
The point is I'm talking completely out my ass at this point because I've never been big into Guns N' Roses.

Well, at least you admit it Smile

Robert Smith: When we started I wasn't the singer. I was the drunk rhythm guitarist who wrote all these weird songs.

04-05-2010 10:10 PMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Grunge is not a musical style.
04-06-2010 8:23 AMKrash is offline Send an Email to Krash Search for Posts by Krash Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Yeah, but it's how everyone looked.

04-06-2010 8:32 AMBonesy is offline Send an Email to Bonesy Homepage of Bonesy Search for Posts by Bonesy Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

grunge is more of a movement centered around Seattle and the West Coast in the 80s(all of the notable bands at least)

it aggravates me when people call it a genre because they're basically saying musically speaking that nirvana = pearl jam = soundgarden = alice in chains

protip: three of them suck (protip: it isn't the one with a shotgun fetish, the one with eddie vedder, or the one with a jap bassist. need another hint? their singer died and they found a new singer who isn't too bad at assisting the band in carrying their musical feel that they had on older albums), they hardly sound alike if you pay attention, and black hole sun is fucking boring
04-06-2010 12:23 PMKrash is offline Send an Email to Krash Search for Posts by Krash Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

A genre isn't saying these bands sound exactly the same, it's saying these bands use similar techniques and have similar characteristics in their music. I'd give an example but I'm drawing a huge blank except for deaf metulhz

04-06-2010 12:57 PMBonesy is offline Send an Email to Bonesy Homepage of Bonesy Search for Posts by Bonesy Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Well, the thing is, there are few bands around from the Grunge period still. Also, a few bands from Seattle and california and a dumbass blowing his brains out (unless you're a theorist of the conspiracies) do not a genre make
04-06-2010 4:19 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

All in favor for banning Isao because he thinks Soundgarden sucks, say aye

Robert Smith: When we started I wasn't the singer. I was the drunk rhythm guitarist who wrote all these weird songs.

04-06-2010 4:26 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
(protip: it isn't the one with a shotgun fetish

*Mumbles into microphone before alternating it with equally unintelligible screaming, is hailed as voice of a generation*

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

04-06-2010 4:39 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

PS Cobain killed himself with a persons assistance cause he couldn't take show biz, bawwwwww

PPS I almost called Cobain Herb for some reason

04-06-2010 4:58 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Yeah "BAWWWW I CAN'T HANDLE SUCCESSS KKKORPORATIONS RUINING MY ART WOE IS ME. ;_;"

Quote:
PPS I almost called Cobain Herb for some reason

Laughing Out Loud

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Alizarin:

04-06-2010 5:20 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

People assume Courtney Love killed him but well, if you're so fragile that a drugged up dame calling you a hippie makes you off yourself...good riddance?

04-06-2010 5:34 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Too bad he didn't pull a double-kill

I'm like 70% sure it was a semiauto shotgun too, so the lazy jackass wouldn't have even had to work the action. Hell, probably coulda kept doing whippits with his other hand and crying about MTV even.

Quote by Alizarin:

04-06-2010 6:06 PMBonesy is offline Send an Email to Bonesy Homepage of Bonesy Search for Posts by Bonesy Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Tenma:

they're boring as shit, i mean musically I don't mind them but i fall asleep anytime i hear spoonman or black hole sun

This post has been edited; it was last edited by Bonesy: 04-06-2010 6:06 PM.

04-06-2010 6:14 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

At least Courtney is lol.

Gotta admit, she's had a shit ton of songs made about her. lol Trent

04-06-2010 6:19 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Jappo Lassie:
Quote by Tenma:

they're boring as shit, i mean musically I don't mind them but i fall asleep anytime i hear spoonman or black hole sun

THEY MADE MORE THAN TWO SONGS YOU DUMBASS

I don't honestly care what you think of them though, you're only hurting yourself by not listening to more music

04-06-2010 6:20 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Tenma:
At least Courtney is lol.

When you're that astronomically high I can only imagine the part of the brain devoted to Machiavellian P.R. scheming is more focused on how amazing the wallpaper looks (I mean...man..it's like it's MOVING)

So yeah I always doubted the conspiracy angle.

Quote by Alizarin:

04-06-2010 6:43 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Courtney had nothing to do with it most likely, unless she was so high she forgot that she assisted him

04-06-2010 6:47 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Maybe they thought the shotgun was a novelty bong.

When it blew his head off, she responded by screaming "I TOLD YOU TO USE MY DEALER"

Quote by Alizarin:

04-06-2010 7:02 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

...:lmao:

If only I could draw that and post it on DA without getting flamed to hell

Pages (7): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » ... last »« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Maestro - Music  » UNCLE PHIL = SHREDDER, THE MUSIC EDITION