What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Maestro - Music  » UNCLE PHIL = SHREDDER, THE MUSIC EDITION» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (7): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 next » ... last »Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page UNCLE PHIL = SHREDDER, THE MUSIC EDITION
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
04-06-2010 7:35 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

You could post it here, and then somehow it mysteriousky appears on DA

How did it happen. Nobody knows.

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

04-06-2010 9:00 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Yeah I don't mind a few trolls/stupid people but a whole mass of fags gets annoying quick

Lincoln: If it ever reach us it must spring up amongst us; it cannot come from abroad. If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide.

04-06-2010 9:07 PMBonesy is offline Send an Email to Bonesy Homepage of Bonesy Search for Posts by Bonesy Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

hol I haven't heard much by soundgarden, they don't fall under my current perpetual listening demographic

which includes selections from classic rock, alternative rock, metal, other rocky odds and ends, glam rock, 80s hair metal, prog rock, and whatever the hell andrew wk doing hilariously mediocre english covers of Gundam songs is considered
04-06-2010 9:13 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Tenma:
I don't honestly care what you think of them though

Lincoln: If it ever reach us it must spring up amongst us; it cannot come from abroad. If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide.

04-06-2010 11:13 PMBonesy is offline Send an Email to Bonesy Homepage of Bonesy Search for Posts by Bonesy Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

i'm just saying more that those are really the only songs that I've heard
04-07-2010 12:55 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Change that to no one cares

04-07-2010 1:58 AMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by K‽:
Just because not all of them didn't wear spandex doesn't make them not hair metal. Honestly they're like hair metal meets grunge. And hair metal doesn't immediately mean shitty band all the time, just...well, yeah about all the time it does.

The point is I'm talking completely out my ass at this point because I've never been big into Guns N' Roses.

The stupidity here present extends much much further than just making dumb generalizations about Guns N' Roses simply because you haven't been big into them. Do you even know what hair metal is? No, I'm not asking you if you're aware of it and if you can go read some pithy little definition. Do you understand what it is?

The question is rhetorical so don't bother. If you're going to try and be a condenscending dick, at least know what you're talking about. Like me aka the king. I rock.

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:
Necro: Pfft. You're a useless waste of oxygen.

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
Political Correctness Needs to Stop
08/27/2015

04-07-2010 1:59 AMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

ps bro listen to this guys advice your taste and knowledge in music will grow immensely Smile

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

04-07-2010 1:59 AMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

pps is isao worth responding to

y/n

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

04-07-2010 2:03 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Rob Halford:
pps is isao worth responding to

y/n

I dunno, it's fun to piss him off

But don't use much effort if you do

04-07-2010 2:07 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I mean he does define Soundgarden as "the one with the jap bassist"

So he's way beyond any semblance of knowing what the fuck he's talking about (aka he should have never said anything)

04-07-2010 2:10 AMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Robert Weizer:
grunge is more of a movement centered around Seattle and the West Coast in the 80s(all of the notable bands at least)

it aggravates me when people call it a genre because they're basically saying musically speaking that nirvana = pearl jam = soundgarden = alice in chains

protip: three of them suck (protip: it isn't the one with a shotgun fetish, the one with eddie vedder, or the one with a jap bassist. need another hint? their singer died and they found a new singer who isn't too bad at assisting the band in carrying their musical feel that they had on older albums), they hardly sound alike if you pay attention, and black hole sun is fucking boring

Ok so i thought, what the hell. Lets toss the little guy a bone. Actually he ain't little, hoho what the hell am I thinking.

Maybe you have a layer of fat covering your ears but there actually is something linking the sound of the seattle scene bands such as nirvana, pearl jam, soundgarden and AIC. It's something most people won't pick up on, but it definitely is there. But to be fair you at least deserve credit for the observation that they don't sound the same musically.

Not sure if your skull is as thick as the rest of you, but I'll try this politely for you. Just this once. Smile

Like Krashu, if you're going to try and be an elitist dick know what the fuck you're talking about. Seriousky, naming shit about bands in an attempt to look knowledgeable when it's obvious you just looked it up on wikipedia isn't going to do you any favors. Refering to Soundgarden as the one with the Jap bassist is just inane, especially when you yourself named two songs off an album after Hiro Yamamoto left the band. Hell, almost nobody knows any of the material from the Yamamoto days.

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

04-07-2010 2:11 AMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Tenma:
I mean he does define Soundgarden as "the one with the jap bassist"

So he's way beyond any semblance of knowing what the fuck he's talking about (aka he should have never said anything)

Soundgarden did have a Japanese bassist. I'm willing to bet I'm the only one here who has really listened to much of the songs while he was in the band.

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

04-07-2010 2:13 AMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

So really what I'm saying is, yeah, it's stupid to define Soundgarden as the one with the jap bassist.

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

04-07-2010 2:18 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

No no, I knew that I'm just saying, Isao seemed to mention it to go "hur a jap is in their band IT MUST SUCK, LOL MOONSPEAK"

04-07-2010 2:19 AMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

It's still stupid to bring up considering he only knows Black Hole Sun and Spoonman.

Can't blame the poor guy thinking that both songs are boring though. It's not as if either makes any mention of food.

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

04-07-2010 2:29 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

....:lol:

Black Hole Sun is admittedly boring (but this is only cause I grew up in the era it was a single and it was ALL OVER THE FUCKING PLACE RRRRRRGH) but Spoonman is pretty cool

04-07-2010 2:35 AMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I seem to be the only person I know who doesn't think Black Hole Sun is boring. It's definitely not my favorite on Superunknown though, and as a whole, I listen to Superunknown's material far less than Badmotorfinger.

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

04-07-2010 2:37 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I..think Superunknown's title track is my favorite

...but I am Gay and also really like Like Suicide

04-07-2010 2:48 AMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Mailman, Fourth of July are my favorites.. but overall it's a pretty solid album (and Soundgarden's most consistent).

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

Pages (7): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 next » ... last »« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Maestro - Music  » UNCLE PHIL = SHREDDER, THE MUSIC EDITION