What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Maestro - Music  » UNCLE PHIL = SHREDDER, THE MUSIC EDITION» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (7): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] 5 6 next » ... last »Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page UNCLE PHIL = SHREDDER, THE MUSIC EDITION
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
04-07-2010 2:49 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Oh and Kickstand

Kickstand is awesome

Larry David: I've led this empty life for over forty years and now I can pass that heritage on and ensure that the misery will continue for at least one more generation.

04-07-2010 3:03 AMBonesy is offline Send an Email to Bonesy Homepage of Bonesy Search for Posts by Bonesy Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

it's just comparatively speaking, what I've heard of alice in chains and liked far outweighs anything else grunge-wise to the tune of listening to Dirt, the new album, unplugged, and alice in chains

i think there's a pseudo mental block with black hole sun and soundgarden in general because the alternative rock stations when I lived in phoenix played it all. the fucking. time.

i need to stop being a false-intellectual with music and just go on rants about bands I like and why I like them.
04-07-2010 3:09 AMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

you're comparing four albums worth of material to two songs though but honestly, if you don't like soundgarden its cool you don't have to. But still, you've only named two songs that happen to be off the same album. Soundgarden sounds drastically different from their first three albums to their last two. More so than AIC changed

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:
Necro: Pfft. You're a useless waste of oxygen.

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
Political Correctness Needs to Stop
08/27/2015

04-07-2010 3:14 AMBonesy is offline Send an Email to Bonesy Homepage of Bonesy Search for Posts by Bonesy Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

yeah, true. sadly, I don't know anyone with any soundgarden albums that I can borrow, my roommate is hardcore alice in chains all the way and predominantly deals in classic rock and metal with a few outliers.

i would just like to state on a side note: a Jane's Addiction, Alice in Chains, and Iron Maiden tour would rock. i don't know why I stated that combination, but jesus christ I would sell a kidney to see that shit.

This post has been edited; it was last edited by Bonesy: 04-07-2010 3:16 AM.

04-07-2010 2:37 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Youtube is your best friend for listening to music you don't know if the not so perfect audio quality isn't a problem for you. Here's some other Soundgarden songs worth listening to, but if you don't like these it is pretty safe to say that they're not for you.

Rusty Cage

Outshined

Jesus Christ Pose

Slaves and Bulldozers

Personally, I'm a fan of heavier Soundgarden like these songs, but as already stated, if you don't like these songs they're not a band you ought to be listening. Their early material was more akin to these songs, and come Superunknown period songs were somewhere between these and the Black Hole Sun variants.

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

04-07-2010 2:58 PMKrash is offline Send an Email to Krash Search for Posts by Krash Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Rob Halford:
Like Krashu, if you're going to try and be an elitist dick know what the fuck you're talking about.

in my defense, I never claimed to know anything about GNR and I even said I was talking out of my ass. Further more, I only go into elitist dickhead mode about music I know - that being death/black/sludge metal genres and some folk bands. And, yes, Necro, I do know what hair metal is.

Thank you very much.

This post has been edited; it was last edited by Krash: 04-07-2010 2:58 PM.

04-07-2010 3:02 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

That remark was actually about hair metal as a whole and not GnR

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

04-07-2010 3:03 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

like hair metal meets grunge

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

04-07-2010 3:07 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

speaking of unoriginal pricks who think they're clever mixing grunge with hair metal

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

04-07-2010 3:08 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

i mean they have long hair where is the fucking makeup and tight leather/spandex pants Mad

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

04-07-2010 3:18 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by K‽:
Further more, I only go into elitist dickhead mode about music I know - that being death/black/sludge metal genres

Just don't start substituting 'v' for the letter 'u' all the goddamn time.

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

04-07-2010 4:55 PMD is offline Send an Email to D Search for Posts by D Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

suddenly, korpiklaani

04-07-2010 5:04 PMBonesy is offline Send an Email to Bonesy Homepage of Bonesy Search for Posts by Bonesy Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

oh shit, rusty cage is by soundgarden huh

i remember that shit on San Andreas, that song rocked

also, dave mustaine is a republitard fundamentalist fuckwit. my roommate went to a megadeth/testament/exodus concert like last week, mustaine said some republican bullshit and whined about obama.

This post has been edited; it was last edited by Bonesy: 04-07-2010 5:05 PM.

04-07-2010 5:24 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

mustaine is also an incredibly and i mean incredibly good guitarist

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

04-07-2010 5:34 PMBonesy is offline Send an Email to Bonesy Homepage of Bonesy Search for Posts by Bonesy Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

yeah.

i prefer his voice around the early 90s but only because his voice was less used and thusly was capable of more varied voice modulation [if that is the correct term] (case in point: Sweating Bullets)
04-07-2010 6:32 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Robert Weizer:
i remember that shit on San Andreas, that song rocked

:|

Larry David: I've led this empty life for over forty years and now I can pass that heritage on and ensure that the misery will continue for at least one more generation.

04-07-2010 6:33 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

are you making the face at the song rocked comment or andreas?

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

04-07-2010 6:37 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

..Andreas of course, lol

And complaining Mustaine is a repub

Live was totally into christian crap but I thought some of their songs were pretty cool, didn't make me go fffffff not listening they are super religious

I didn't listen to Creed cause they were super religious and fucking sucked, and lied that they WEREN'T religious

04-07-2010 6:41 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Yeah, I know and agree. Smile

I don't really care what Mustaine's beliefs are, honestly. Or any musicians. If I like what I'm hearing, who cares if the views are different than my own? Mustaine is one hell of a motherfucking guitarist. Like you said, Creed sucks with arms wide opuuuun, if they actually sounded alright it'd be like whatever, it sounds cool bro Smile

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

04-07-2010 6:43 PMScott Pilgrim is offline Search for Posts by Scott Pilgrim Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

politics should have little to no influence on music or you run the risk of becoming rage against the machine

and i mean... does anybody really want that

Pages (7): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] 5 6 next » ... last »« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Maestro - Music  » UNCLE PHIL = SHREDDER, THE MUSIC EDITION