What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Maestro - Music  » Metal» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (8): « first ... « previous 5 6 [7] 8 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Metal
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
04-28-2012 2:06 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Black metal = the equivalent of punk?

Joan Rivers: Life goes by fast. Enjoy it. Calm down. It's all funny. Next. Everyone gets so upset about the wrong things.

04-28-2012 2:17 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

how do you figure that?

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:
Necro: Pfft. You're a useless waste of oxygen.

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
Political Correctness Needs to Stop
08/27/2015

04-28-2012 2:31 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Well, to make your music purposely have a shitty quality to it in some way, is sort of punkish.

Joan Rivers: Life goes by fast. Enjoy it. Calm down. It's all funny. Next. Everyone gets so upset about the wrong things.

04-28-2012 3:11 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

punk does it because they think being bad means you have integrity, fuck that talent shit just sit down and fucking play!

not all black metal has bad production but the ones that do do it because it gives it atmosphere apparently and keeps it non-commercial

making music that is hard to listen to is fine and all, but poor production should never be done intentionally to keep out the "mainstream" audience

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

04-28-2012 3:32 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Dimmu Borgir - Gateways Official Music Video

Laughing Out Loud

dimmu is so terrible

(i actually kinda like them for being awesomely terrible though)

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

04-28-2012 3:40 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

CRADLE OF FILTH The Death Of Love

cradel of filth is beyond awful too

how can anyone make shit like them or dimmu and be serious Laughing Out Loud

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

04-28-2012 8:17 PMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I think I remember seeing posters for them in saint petersburg.

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

06-26-2012 11:56 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

damn leprous is cool

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

07-11-2012 1:12 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I'm starting to think Konami is big fans of Symphony X, since Castlevania music sounds almost exactly like it

(or maybe it's the other way around but I doubt it)

07-11-2012 1:13 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

they might just like neo-classical metal in general

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

07-11-2012 1:20 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

If I remember correctly that was a huge thing in Japan with bands like Malice Mizer and Dir En Grey, so yeah I guess Konami just went with the big thing at the time

07-11-2012 1:26 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

no neo classical is like, yngwie malmsteen

Yngwie Malmsteen - As Above, So Below (Studio Version)

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

07-11-2012 1:27 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

i've never heard dir en grey but malice mizer sound like some kinda japanese goth rock to me

well then there's the gackt stuff but he sucks

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

01-31-2013 1:07 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I think I'm gonna get into Testament. Yes.

Got

Iron Maiden:

The Number of the Beast
Piece of Mind
Powerslave
Somewhere in Time
Seventh Son of a Seventh Son

Priest:

Sad Wings of Destiny
Stained Class
Screaming for Vengeance
Defenders of the Faith

awwwwwwwwwwwww yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

01-31-2013 10:12 AMManchester Devil is offline Send an Email to Manchester Devil Homepage of Manchester Devil Search for Posts by Manchester Devil Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Cpt. Badass:
not all black metal has bad production but the ones that do do it because it gives it atmosphere apparently and keeps it non-commercial

Don't forget that some Black Metal bands limit the number of copies to something small like 666 copies or 1,000 at th most. All the 'kvlt' factor of course.

Not to mention bands having ludicrous names like ██████ - Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives (no, it seriousky looks like that).

(Yes I know Necro has left the building but I thought I bring that fact up)

Speaking of which, I recently purchased Rainbow Rising by Rainbow, Dehumanizer by Black Sabbath, Emperor's Anthems to the Welkin at Dusk and Hosannas from the Basements of Hell by Killing Joke. All good stuff all around.

R.I.P. Mother: 14/01/1955 - 03/04/2017

R.I.P. Brother: 22/01/1981 - 03/12/2018

Quote:
Originally posted by Sharp
It gets weirder too. I just realized...if..if he nailed her he technically had sex with everything and everyone on the internet. Including this forum.

Except he ALSO posts on this forum....so....so then is it masturbation? This is fucking trippy, how did I not realize this before.

Quote:
Originally posted by Holly
Your computer magically produces hentai?!

05-07-2013 2:47 PMIron Savior is offline Send an Email to Iron Savior Search for Posts by Iron Savior Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

So I've been listening to this band lately, and coming to understand what exactly they're doing is pretty neat. Each of their albums represents a different style of heavy metal, prog metal, power metal, etc. Not just with lyrical themes, but with the style of play between all instruments as well, and they even change vocalists fairly often. Seems like specific songs imitate specific bands, too, but there's only a couple I've heard so far that are really apparent.

BLOODBOUND - NOSFERATU sounds like Iron Maiden

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzowfpxJJUo sounds like Angra

But I'm pretty sure all their stuff is supposed to sound like something or other, like that's the gimmick. And I like it, having all the music sound familiar already, but hearing lots of different styles across an album.

The one album I don't like, but that's because it has a vocalist I don't like. Compare Bloodbound - Book of the Dead to the newer version on their latest album. Bloodbound - Book Of The Dead (2012 Version)

The sound, particularly the relationship between the sound and the vocals, is mega shitty, especially when you put it next to a much better version.

Liquid Tension Experiment - Paradigm Shift

09-30-2013 9:17 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

All in favor of having an ocelot as the front of a metal band, say aye

09-30-2013 4:20 PMManchester Devil is offline Send an Email to Manchester Devil Homepage of Manchester Devil Search for Posts by Manchester Devil Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I've decided to compare the remastered version of 'See Through Dreams' and the one I've ripped from my copy of Death's Human onto my laptop (due to Necro's own comparison between that song and Portal's Black Houses) and I have to say the remaster did a damn good job of making an amazing song sound even better. Then again I dig both bands and I like the 'wall of sound' style that I think suits some bands better than others.

R.I.P. Mother: 14/01/1955 - 03/04/2017

R.I.P. Brother: 22/01/1981 - 03/12/2018

Quote:
Originally posted by Sharp
It gets weirder too. I just realized...if..if he nailed her he technically had sex with everything and everyone on the internet. Including this forum.

Except he ALSO posts on this forum....so....so then is it masturbation? This is fucking trippy, how did I not realize this before.

Quote:
Originally posted by Holly
Your computer magically produces hentai?!

10-07-2013 9:05 PMIron Savior is offline Send an Email to Iron Savior Search for Posts by Iron Savior Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I've been having a major hardon for instrumental tracks lately, so I figured I might ask what you guys think of them in general, or which ones you like. Also songs that have multiple minutes of instrumental at a stretch probably count, like Hangar 18 or somesuch. These are my typical favorite instrumentals, not in any particular order. I enjoy when they can do it right, with it laid out like a normal song, just with interesting instrument work rather than singing to focus on, like an excuse to do a bunch of solos, without making it feel like they just wanted to throw a bunch of solos at you.

Hammerfall - Something for the Ages

Iced Earth - 1776 (Normally I don't care for Iced Earth because of their singer, but I still think this is a pretty grand instrumental piece.)

Yngwie Malmsteen - Black Star (I really like the slow, meaningful progression and feel of this one.)

Liquid Tension Experiment - Acid Rain

Stratovarius - Stratofortress (This might be the one that got me to really like instrumentals in the first place.)

Saxon - Rainbow Theme / Frozen Rainbow (This one has some singing in the first song, but the two typically go as a set.)

Liquid Tension Experiment - Paradigm Shift

02-25-2014 6:59 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Throwdown:

Master of Puppets
Among the Living
Reign in Blood
Peace Sells... but Who's Buying?

Audience liked Reign in Blood best, guests were mixed.

Pages (8): « first ... « previous 5 6 [7] 8 next » « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Maestro - Music  » Metal