What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Maestro - Music  » Metal» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (8): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] 5 6 next » ... last »Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Metal
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
08-15-2011 7:31 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Weird..I always assumed in that situation the label just gets a bunch of lawyers and throws money around.

I thought the entire point of the RIAA was to have lawyers that enable rock stars to do a lot of blow and break crap.

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

08-15-2011 7:32 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I hate Nothing Else Matters. Laughing Out Loud Unforgiven is a good song though, just again, the whole album isn't worth arguing for.

Now I'd argue for Master of Puppets or Ride the Lightning

David Lynch: A lot of artists think they want anger. But a real, strong, bitter anger occupies the mind, leaving no room for creativity.

08-15-2011 8:24 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

nothing else matters isn't really my cup of tea either, but i know alot of people that really like it. i like the solo, but only because kirk doesnt play it Laughing Out Loud

unforgiven is brilliant though, which is sadly diminished by the bad sequels. even then, it's not worth the rest of a forgettable album. i don't think the black album is really terrible, it's just.. there. you're not losing anything of worth if metallica didn't make it

master of puppets and ride the lightning are top notch though, anyone who says otherwise should stfu. those two albums are really the only reason anyone not only still cares about metallica, but ever did

because they are fantastic

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:
Necro: Pfft. You're a useless waste of oxygen.

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
Political Correctness Needs to Stop
08/27/2015

08-16-2011 4:48 AMLovelyRays is offline Search for Posts by LovelyRays Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

my 12 year old cousin stopped by and he has horrible music tastes so we always talk about music because its funny to see 12 year olds get mad because you explain why green day is punk, nice try 12 year old cousin.

Every once in a while he'll bring up something acceptable and then pull a bad example out.

cousin: ok fine do you like metallica?
me: I like their earlier stuff.
cousin: What like black album? That one was the best one.
me: holy fuck no, like master of puppets.
cousin: I never heard that one.

I took his skateboard. He lost skateboard privileges

Quote by X:
I THINK YOU SHOULD SHUT THE FUCK UP; ERGO, SHUT THE FUCK UP.

PS: YOU ARE STUPID FOR SAYING THE THING THAT YOU SHOULD SHUT UP ABOUT.

08-16-2011 12:42 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

a friend of mine for years tried to say how the black album was the best metallica album without even have listened to all of the first four albums

now he's trying to say AJFA is their best. Laughing My Ass Off

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

08-16-2011 12:43 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

also having to explain why green day is punk... wow Laughing Out Loud

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

08-16-2011 2:01 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

skateboard privileges Laughing Out Loud

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Alizarin:

08-16-2011 10:10 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Toxicroak:
a friend of mine for years tried to say how the black album was the best metallica album without even have listened to all of the first four albums

Justice could've been a LOT better. But since they're petty children, well..

David Lynch: A lot of artists think they want anger. But a real, strong, bitter anger occupies the mind, leaving no room for creativity.

08-17-2011 4:14 AMLovelyRays is offline Search for Posts by LovelyRays Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Toxicroak:

I meant isnt. it was a late night.

it is still late.

Quote by X:

08-17-2011 12:40 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Or early. Technically.

Quote by Alizarin:

08-17-2011 2:14 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Is this the same cousin who loves St Anger?

08-17-2011 2:15 PMLovelyRays is offline Search for Posts by LovelyRays Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Articuno:
Is this the same cousin who loves St Anger?

:C

yes

Quote by X:

08-17-2011 2:22 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Articuno:
Quote by Toxicroak:

Justice could've been a LOT better. But since they're petty children, well..

i assume that is in relation to the fact you cant hear the bass at all

that's part of the problem, but alot of the songs on it are just pretty friggin boring. there's cool parts, but they go on alot longer than they deserve to. this isn't about song length either - i like some songs that are over 20 minutes long. AJFA songs are way too repetitive to be as progressive as metallica claims they were trying to be

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

08-17-2011 2:31 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

That's what I mean though, they didn't let Newsted take part in anything really. He could have added something, since he was the type that liked several different music genres.

I like how they blamed him for Load and Reload though. When he left the band, it was all "oh everything bad that's happened? all his fault"

08-17-2011 8:51 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Carl from Aqua teen hunger force:
Hey this hair looks kinda like James Hetfield's, back in the '80s, when he was riding the lightning

Quote by Alizarin:

08-25-2011 8:12 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Articuno:
That's what I mean though, they didn't let Newsted take part in anything really. He could have added something, since he was the type that liked several different music genres.

I like how they blamed him for Load and Reload though. When he left the band, it was all "oh everything bad that's happened? all his fault"

it was also all bob rock's fault

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

08-25-2011 8:44 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

How so?

Also VH1 has made Nov 11th 2011 Metal Day, lol. Dunno what they'll do, but yeah.

08-25-2011 8:48 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

it wasnt, but metallica and their fanboys like to pin the blame on bob rock

metallica is a big name, if they didnt want to work with bob rock after the black album they wouldnt have had to

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

08-26-2011 3:51 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Articuno:
How so?

Also VH1 has made Nov 11th 2011 Metal Day, lol. Dunno what they'll do, but yeah.

VH1 still does stuff involving music? Because I thought they went all MTV and it was just idiotic reality shows that I only ever see when Joel Mchale insults them on the soup.

Quote by Alizarin:

09-07-2011 5:51 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Toxicroak:
it wasnt, but metallica and their fanboys like to pin the blame on bob rock

metallica is a big name, if they didnt want to work with bob rock after the black album they wouldnt have had to

Yeah, they wanted the sound Bob Rock gives. They even went back to him for St Anger right?

Pages (8): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] 5 6 next » ... last »« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Maestro - Music  » Metal