What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Triangle Guy - Art  » How Green Was Your Favorite Movie» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 next » ... last »Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page How Green Was Your Favorite Movie
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
05-04-2008 9:57 AMNine XXVI is offline Send an Email to Nine XXVI Search for Posts by Nine XXVI Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

That would apply to me and then some, yeah.

Oh, hi. I was just wondering what some of TDottle's favorite films would be. You know mine (new film list comin' soon~), so I thought it'd be interestin' to see what yours might be.

Also, this isn't anything like a your personal flim list. I'm a cinephile and a wannabe filmmaker, so I'm required by law to have one. Also, I hear these are hard to do (much love, Dungy) so nothing like that of the sort here. You got an undisputed favorite film or a couple of them off the top of your head? Then please post it so you can give a shoutout for them for all of us.

Thought this would be fun, so let's give it a try then shall we?
Peace.

05-04-2008 3:28 PMMav is offline Send an Email to Mav Homepage of Mav Search for Posts by Mav Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

My two favorite films are Brazil and Network.

Dammit Mav, you're Gay

Quote by Alizarin:
<Alizarin>: mav mav he's mabulous la la la

Quote by Daveh:
I thought of you and my cock got as hard as a diamond, the rope stood no chance D:

05-04-2008 9:49 PMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

It's hard to say, though I had a terrible fondness for the original Alien for quite some time. Loved the set/art designs, the soundtrack made me fall in love with Jerry Goldsmith, and it managed to be hella creepy without too many cheap jump scares.
05-05-2008 4:48 PMOptimus Cack is offline Send an Email to Optimus Cack Homepage of Optimus Cack Search for Posts by Optimus Cack Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I try to keep any and all "top lists" I have as just amalgams as opposed to ordering them by what's best/favorite. My favorite? Hard to say, really. I have enough trouble remembering all the movies I like, let alone which are better.

Possible favorites:
Casablanca
Citizen Kane
There Will Be Blood
Taxi Driver
The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
Blade Runner
Ran (Kurosawa)
Dreams (again, Kurosawa)
Star Wars (Old Trilogy)
Jin-Roh
No Country for Old Men
2001: A Space Odyssey

05-05-2008 5:26 PMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Oh yeah, and there are no Cacodemons in Phobos Base.
05-05-2008 5:34 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

...Smooooooth.
05-05-2008 5:39 PMOptimus Cack is offline Send an Email to Optimus Cack Homepage of Optimus Cack Search for Posts by Optimus Cack Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Moose:
Oh yeah, and there are no Cacodemons in Phobos Base.

I could have sworn there were some on the last stage of Knee Deep in the Dead.

05-05-2008 5:40 PMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Nope. They don't show up until just before the last teleporter in E2M1.
05-05-2008 8:48 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Dont they briefly appear when you kill the two barons/princes of hell and are transported right at the end into that huge black room and surrounded by enemies.

I can't remember

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

05-05-2008 10:53 PMNine XXVI is offline Send an Email to Nine XXVI Search for Posts by Nine XXVI Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Optimus Cack-odemon:
Possible favorites:
Casablanca
Citizen Kane
There Will Be Blood
Taxi Driver
The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
Blade Runner
Ran (Kurosawa)
Dreams (again, Kurosawa)
Star Wars (Old Trilogy)
Jin-Roh
No Country for Old Men
2001: A Space Odyssey

Well played all around, sir. I refuse to watch Blade Runner, its complicated and I need to watch more of Kurosawa's latter work as well.
Peace.

05-05-2008 10:56 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

You refuse to watch Blade Runner because it's complicated...?

:psyduck:

Necro: holy SHIT, sharp was on ritalin? that explains alot

05-05-2008 10:58 PMNine XXVI is offline Send an Email to Nine XXVI Search for Posts by Nine XXVI Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by MEANYFACE:

No, no hon. I mean the reason I don't want to watch Blade Runner is complicated. Sorry, should have made that more clear.

And now in accordance, I'll be reediting this post for the next 20 plus years in a set of "poster's cut" with new material and additional smilies.
Peace.

05-05-2008 11:23 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by MEANYFACE:

I'm taking votes whether to add that smilie. Any takers?
05-05-2008 11:29 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Also I can't pick a list of favorites but Silence of course is up there since I've watched it like 30 times now and never get sick of it

05-05-2008 11:33 PMNine XXVI is offline Send an Email to Nine XXVI Search for Posts by Nine XXVI Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by MEANYFACE:
Also I can't pick a list of favorites but Silence of course is up there since I've watched it like 30 times now and never get sick of it

Yeah, I knew that was your favorite. Silence of the Lambs are like one of those bubble movies as far as my list goes. I keep debating with myself if I should put it on or not.
Peace.

05-05-2008 11:35 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

"Was she a..big girl? Roomy?"

"Yes. They all were."

Whenever I say "they all were" I do it in that fake accent to get cocks out of Moose

05-05-2008 11:46 PMOld Gabén is offline Send an Email to Old Gabén Search for Posts by Old Gabén Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Warren Beatty:
How Green Was Your Favorite Movie?

SUPERGREEN!

05-05-2008 11:57 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by MEANYFACE:
"Was she a..big girl? Roomy?"

"Yes. They all were."

Whenever I say "they all were" I do it in that fake accent to get cocks out of Moose

Aahahhahahah, great lines.
05-05-2008 11:58 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Don't act like you know jack about that movie! *runs away and cries*

05-05-2008 11:59 PMNine XXVI is offline Send an Email to Nine XXVI Search for Posts by Nine XXVI Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by MEANYFACE:
Don't act like you know jack about that movie! *runs away and cries*

HOLLEH, COME BACK!

Goddamn it, X! I'll have your liver for this!

*runs after her*
Peace.

Pages (5): [1] 2 3 next » ... last »« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Triangle Guy - Art  » How Green Was Your Favorite Movie