What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Triangle Guy - Art  » How Green Was Your Favorite Movie» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (5): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » ... last »Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page How Green Was Your Favorite Movie
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
05-06-2008 8:05 AMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Sharpshooter005:
Dont they briefly appear when you kill the two barons/princes of hell and are transported right at the end into that huge black room and surrounded by enemies.

I can't remember

Barons of Hell. They were only called "Hell Princes" in the novels. And no, there are exactly six shotgun guys, five imps, and four demons in that black room; nothing else.
05-25-2008 7:43 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Silence is only my favorite since I'm a Hannibal fangirl.

Got no feel, I got no rhythm
I just keep losing my beat (you just keep losing and losing)
I'm OK, I'm alright (he's alright, he's alright)
I ain't gonna face no defeat (yeah yeah)
I just gotta get out of this prison cell
One day (someday) I'm gonna be free, Lord...!

05-25-2008 7:49 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I may be insane, but I like Rising and manhunter a bit better I think.
05-25-2008 7:51 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Manhunter would have been the best one if they had a better budget, seriousky.

05-25-2008 7:52 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

What limited them thanks to the budget?
05-25-2008 7:55 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

...everything?

05-25-2008 7:56 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

They got good actors at least...
06-01-2008 3:50 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Not totally. The guy who played the police chief wasn't that great, sometimes Will Petersen was TOO overdramatic...etc.

Lounds was portrayed extremely well though, extremely. And I doubt they could have found a better Dolorhyde.

06-01-2008 3:57 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Brigadier General Shitstorm:
Dont they briefly appear when you kill the two barons/princes of hell and are transported right at the end into that huge black room and surrounded by enemies.

I can't remember

Barons of Hell. They were only called "Hell Princes" in the novels. And no, there are exactly six shotgun guys, five imps, and four demons in that black room; nothing else.

Did I ever mention how I had some of the novels. But one of them (I think the third one, where they go to the alien planet) literally fell out of its binding as I was reading it. I probably did.

They weren't that great. Which is weird...you'd think a novel about demons running around on earth and space marines fighting them would be awesome as hell, but it wasn't that great. Nor was the first one.

Also what was up with the siamese-twin aliens named sears or whatever the hell was going on there.

edit: If you mean the Michael Mann movie about manhunter, I couldn't help but laugh when I saw part of it...cause the exterior shots of the jail were some modern art museum. And I'm just thinking "Oh yeah thats a logical structure to keep a prolific killer in"

And then the end of it was set to "inna gotta da vita" which...part of me think that kicks ass, an fbi agent hunting a serial killer to that song, part of me didn't know what the fuck. I think it was kind of awesome.

And as far as...whoever played Lecter in that one, they did a good job I only saw part of it. Admittedly though I just think "Hannibal=Anthony Hopkins" since I've seen all those other ones...same reason I had no interest in hannibal rising, some euro-trash looking kid, fuck that. Also it just looked like your average serial killer movie..but Lecter is supposed to have flare, know what I mean.

(Never read the books, this might explain it)

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

06-01-2008 4:11 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I'd fuck that eurotrash kid....

But anyway, Dolorhyde turned up Inna Gotta really loud since the woman was blind, she used her hearing to hear where he was and what he was doing. So he was essentially deafening her with the loud music.

06-01-2008 4:18 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

"RIDE WITH ME, FOR MY PLEASURE"

jesus tapdancing christ was that a terrible line. I think it was the delivery it..it was just...

It was BAD.

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Alizarin:

06-01-2008 4:19 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

That was Red Dragon yeah, fucking..Ralph Fiennes and his terrible delivery

06-01-2008 4:24 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

That part where Hannibal was on a tether or whatever and with armed guards around, when going for a walk was kind of awesome, it made him come across as incredibly dangerous.

Anthony Hopkins playing some kind of unbelievably dangerous killing machine is awesome on its own though.

Quote by Alizarin:

06-01-2008 4:29 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Well he did complain of chest pains once, they rushed him to the ward to fix him up, but while he was there he viciously attacked the nurse, bit off most of her face.

"The doctors managed to re-set her jaw, more or less, and save one of her eyes.
His pulse never got over eighty-five, even when he ate her tongue."

...god these movies are awesome. Love

06-01-2008 4:36 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

In silence of the lambs he cuts off a dudes face, then wears it to escape.

I've seen many movies. Of all sorts. Off the top of my head, thats quite possibly the most badass and stealthy thing I can think of from a movie.

edit: And prior to this he's just sitting there casual as hell, listening to classical music, then he beats the guard down with their own riot baton. I defy someone to write a scene in a movie which is more fucking awesome than "guy casually listens to classical music, kills someone, wears their face to escape jail"

Quote by Alizarin:

06-01-2008 4:37 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Supposedly I look like that 'Eurotrash kid'. <.<
06-01-2008 4:58 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

In silence of the lambs he cuts off a dudes face, then wears it to escape.

I've seen many movies. Of all sorts. Off the top of my head, thats quite possibly the most badass and stealthy thing I can think of from a movie.

edit: And prior to this he's just sitting there casual as hell, listening to classical music, then he beats the guard down with their own riot baton. I defy someone to write a scene in a movie which is more fucking awesome than "guy casually listens to classical music, kills someone, wears their face to escape jail"

Yes, that is definitely one of my favorite parts. The tenseness of the situation, and how they think Lecter is ontop of the elevator car..then they show what happens to the ambulance, and you get this sense of oh no these people are fucked

06-01-2008 5:01 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I loved that scene, I just wish they hadn't pulled the 'Lecter is immune to drugs that effect every other human being on the face of the Earth' schitck.
06-01-2008 5:59 AMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Brigadier General Shitstorm:

Did I ever mention how I had some of the novels. But one of them (I think the third one, where they go to the alien planet) literally fell out of its binding as I was reading it. I probably did.

They weren't that great. Which is weird...you'd think a novel about demons running around on earth and space marines fighting them would be awesome as hell, but it wasn't that great. Nor was the first one.

Also what was up with the siamese-twin aliens named sears or whatever the hell was going on there.

Sears and Roebuck were their names. I think they were the aliens that were at war with the aliens that had heads that looked like artichokes--the aliens that manufactured the demons. Yes, they copped out and made it that they weren't demons at all, just genetic constructs bred by aliens. How Gay is that?

By the third book, the authors basically seemed to say, "Ehh, Doom is boring. Let's just come up with our own story and tack it on as book three and four of this series." This is why I'm desperately hoping that the upcoming Doom 3 books will pick up the slack a bit.

And it's funny that you suffered such a mishap with your copy of the third book. Mine was destroyed as well, when coffee was spilled on it. I had to re-buy it and start over.
06-01-2008 6:02 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I actually kind of liked the idea of the aliens observing earth, and purposely patterning themselves after demons and using fears that humanity had as psychological warfare.*

Except then...it was just stupid mostly. Siamese aliens named sears and roebuck, constantly focusing on some main character trying to nail a mormon, a 14 year old hacker?

Fuck that I wanted the second book to be about the war of man against faux-demon aliens.

(*Even though thats like a reverse-ripoff of childhood's end. In that book the aliens have wings, horns, and are supposed to look totally demonic but they're beneficent.)

Quote by Alizarin:

Pages (5): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » ... last »« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Triangle Guy - Art  » How Green Was Your Favorite Movie