What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Triangle Guy - Art  » How Green Was Your Favorite Movie» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (5): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] 5 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page How Green Was Your Favorite Movie
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
06-03-2008 11:35 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

If theres some colorized version floating around out there..wow, I thought that whole fad ended when people basically told ted turner he was a jackass

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

06-03-2008 11:37 AMMav is offline Send an Email to Mav Homepage of Mav Search for Posts by Mav Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by X-sah:
I... oddly remember all of my DVD being in color...

this is possible I guess. I know that The Man Who Wasn't There was in color on the European release or something for some reason.

Dammit Mav, you're Gay

Quote by Alizarin:
<Alizarin>: mav mav he's mabulous la la la

Quote by Daveh:
I thought of you and my cock got as hard as a diamond, the rope stood no chance D:

06-03-2008 11:42 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

The color version looked natural enough to me.
06-03-2008 11:45 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

The worst one was when I rented...something...I can't remember what the hell it was, some old war movie or something, which was in black and white.

Only to find out when I got home that it was the colorized version. That confused the hell out of me for about 10 seconds after I put it on, I figured blockbuster had put the wrong tape in the box.

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Alizarin:

06-03-2008 11:46 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I think I got my Schinder's in color from BB, yeah.

I'm confused.
06-03-2008 11:57 PMNine XXVI is offline Send an Email to Nine XXVI Search for Posts by Nine XXVI Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by X-sah:
I think I got my Schinder's in color from BB, yeah.

I'm confused.

Destroy this bastardization, post haste. Like Sharpie said, there's only two scenes in the whole movie that are in color (three, if you want to be picky and include the girl with the symbolic red coat).

And yes, Ted Turner is a jackass.
Peace.

06-04-2008 8:06 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

It looked fine to me.
06-05-2008 2:06 PMNine XXVI is offline Send an Email to Nine XXVI Search for Posts by Nine XXVI Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Have you destroyed it yet, because that's not Schindler's List.

Color bootlegs... are you kiddin' me?
Peace.

06-05-2008 6:14 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

It was from Blockbuster.

I could be misrecalling.
02-13-2011 2:12 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Mav:
Quote by X-sah:
I... oddly remember all of my DVD being in color...

this is possible I guess. I know that The Man Who Wasn't There was in color on the European release or something for some reason.

Having seen this movie since that was posted, thats absolutely an asinine idea.

It was shot in color then intentionally transferred to black and white, so basically thats like an unfinished version of it. And considering that was done well enough for it to be nominated for the cinematography oscar (The technical ones at least sort of still count in my opinion. Nobody pays as much heed to them so the academy seems to make fewer overtly bullshit calls) kind of mutilates the movie.

Quote by Alizarin:

02-14-2011 7:55 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Nine XXVI:
I refuse to watch Blade Runner, its complicated

...yet he watches Kubrick crap without blinking. wtf

Larry David: I've led this empty life for over forty years and now I can pass that heritage on and ensure that the misery will continue for at least one more generation.

02-14-2011 8:08 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

If it's because theres like seven hundred different versions, the easy thing to do is what I did

Which is watch it on t.v. years ago, and just arbitrarily go "Welp that was obviously the legit version"

Quote by Alizarin:

02-15-2011 9:57 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Why not the Final Cut?
02-15-2011 10:05 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I dunno, the one I saw seemed fine

"Directors cut" doesn't always imply it's better. Periodically you'll get a situation where whoever reigned in the directors vision was correct in doing so because it was rambling or disjointed or whatever

inb4 nine counters with auteur theory..oh wait.

Quote by Alizarin:

02-15-2011 10:40 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

This is true, see David Lynch in the Twin Peaks movie.
02-15-2011 10:43 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I didn't see all of that/don't think it was an issue of, or even had, like..multiple versions (unless theres one I didn't hear about)

Quote by Alizarin:

02-15-2011 8:30 PMMav is offline Send an Email to Mav Homepage of Mav Search for Posts by Mav Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

according to wikipedia lynch filmed a bunch of extra shit (mostly with characters from the show that didn't make it into the final cut of the movie) and there's been talks of releasing a dvd with a good number of those scenes, but it's yet to actually happen

Dammit Mav, you're Gay

Quote by Alizarin:
<Alizarin>: mav mav he's mabulous la la la

Quote by Daveh:
I thought of you and my cock got as hard as a diamond, the rope stood no chance D:

10-06-2017 5:28 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Little Shop of Horrors
Alien
Alien Resurrection (suck my dick)
Ghostbusters
Hannibal
Silence of the Lambs
Manhunter
Bram Stoker's Dracula
Bad-Asses
Pretty much all of the Expendables movies
Predator
Night of the Living Dead
The Mist
Event Horizon
Eraserhead
The Nolan Batman's, but mainly the 2nd and third
The Last Unicorn
Rocky
Jacob's Ladder
Creed
Taxi Driver
Dr. No
The Shining
Blade Runner
Legend
Cape Fear
Candyman

Larry David: I've led this empty life for over forty years and now I can pass that heritage on and ensure that the misery will continue for at least one more generation.

10-06-2017 5:38 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Francis Ford Coppola one right?

Here's something cool about that: All old-school filmmaking tricks. No CGI or whatnot.

The movie is great and also I think just visually it can be appreciated that they went to these lengths to make it sorta old-school.

Quote by Alizarin:

10-06-2017 7:41 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Wow I thoguht for sure most of that was CGI....holy shit.

I love the movie. It represents a more accurate tale of Dracula. It's beautiful really.

Pages (5): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] 5 next » « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Triangle Guy - Art  » How Green Was Your Favorite Movie