What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » G.L.C., 860,630 Points.  » What's your favorite FF weapon used by a character?» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page What's your favorite FF weapon used by a character?
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
08-29-2002 3:27 AMVendetta is offline Send an Email to Vendetta Search for Posts by Vendetta Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

My favorite would have to be Squall's Lionheart from FF8, now that sword was totally bad ass. Everything about it was awesome, it was huge, had a cool color design, and insanely strong.
08-29-2002 6:26 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Hmmm... Well, I liked the goofy looking Ultima Weapon from FF IX..and also alot of Amarants claws were cool.. One of Steiners swords were fuckin cool looking too. Laughing Out Loud Garnets little racquet things were stupid though..and so were Eikos flutes. Vivi kicked all ass though, with his staffs.. Especially that nice one you get from the Chocobo search deal.. Beatrix has a cool sword too.. Too bad Kuja didn't have a sword or something, probably would have been neat.

Quistis' Slaying Tail was cool..just because it was named after Sleipner. I like that horsie. :P Lion Heart was alright..but I liked Punishment better. Just looked cooler to me..and has a cooler name. Selphies Morning Star was cool, because of the Castlevania reference..heh. Irvy's guns never really got my attention..neither did Rinoas weapons, since I can't stand Rinoa. >.<

Haven't played FF X, so dunno about that. But Lulu's moogle and cactuar dolls look cute..heh.

All of Clouds swords kinda sucked..only because they were as big as him, and his arms were puny. Only way he would have held them up is if they were plastic.. Barrets drill arm..thing that time was alright. Aeris..bleh, who cares about her. Laughing Out Loud Cait Sith was an annoying character..but I liked his Megaphone as a weapon.. And Red like..used his fuckin mohawk as a weapon, which was cool. o.o Vincent was ultimate coolness anyways..and even though he uses guns, he still makes it look good. Unless the gun barrel is long..and when he spins it on his finger when he wins..looks like he's gonna drop it. Laughing Out Loud Sephiroths Masamune is NOT cool. It's again, as big as he is, or bigger. And plus, the only Masamunes that are allowed in games are the one from CT and the one from SotN. =P Yuffie sucks too..didn't really notice her weapons..same for Cid.

Have only played FF IV otherwise.. and I just know that a Staff in Tellahs hands is useless. Damn old bastard can't hit shit! >.< Dark Knight Cecil was also waaaaay cooler than Paladin Cecil, even though Paladin Cecil is more attractive..ah well, guess he had to sacrifice one thing to get the other. Laughing Out Loud

I have played FF 1 as well..but it's just too hard for me. Alot of old NES RPGS are.. I haven't played FF VI though.. o.o Well, I have..but I've never really made it much past the first boss.. I'll get to play that game someday though.

And yeah well..enough rambling.

Socrates: Get not your friends by bare compliments, but by giving them sensible tokens of your love.

08-29-2002 8:58 AMSenka is offline Send an Email to Senka Search for Posts by Senka Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I've only played Final Fantasy I, II, III, V, and VIII. Well, actually, I didn't really play Final Fantasy I. I actually just watched my older brother play it. He did get all the way up to the final boss, though. He lost, though. I think it was because of the Rub mgic that's instant death, and he just kept using it. I only played a little bit of the game after he was done and gave the game to me. But I still think Final Fantasy III is the best Final Fantasy game ever. My favorite weapon would be (I forget it's name) Atma Weapon? Ultima Weapon? It was equippable by almost any charcter. I liked the blue glow.

This post has been edited; it was last edited by Senka: 10-28-2002 3:53 PM.

08-29-2002 10:29 AMMav is offline Send an Email to Mav Homepage of Mav Search for Posts by Mav Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

My fav has to Aurons Masamune from FFX. That sword is jsut kickass! I also liked that weird water sword Tidus got, and Lulu's weapons are jsut hilarious, little walking dolls. Yuna is just, bleh. Her weapons suck and I hate the character. The Buster Sword was okay, the first time I saw it it freaked the shit out of me, though.

Dammit Mav, you're Gay

Quote by Alizarin:
<Alizarin>: mav mav he's mabulous la la la

Quote by Daveh:
I thought of you and my cock got as hard as a diamond, the rope stood no chance D:

09-02-2002 3:48 PMKrash is offline Send an Email to Krash Search for Posts by Krash Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

"HOLY MOTHER JESUS ON A FRIKEN POJO STICK THAT SWORD IS HUGE!!!"

~ Me when i frist saw the Buster Sword.

Cloud's Buster. 'Nuff said.

09-05-2002 8:59 PMSplatted One is offline Send an Email to Splatted One Search for Posts by Splatted One Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I personally like the Buster Sword
[IMG=http://www.swords-online.com/data/shop/images/so006_large.jpg]http://www.swords-online.com/data/shop/images/so006_large.jpg[/IMG] :D
But I like Squalls Gunblades, both his original and lion heart
[IMG=http://www.swords-online.com/data/shop/images/BC1000M_medium.jpg]http://www.swords-online.com/data/shop/images/BC1000M_medium.jpg[/IMG] Like em? I know where to get all sorts of dweet stuff live Maximus' helmet from Gladiator. :D
09-07-2002 5:28 PMXander is offline Send an Email to Xander Homepage of Xander Search for Posts by Xander Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Well,I like brotherhood from FF10
09-08-2002 4:19 AMVendetta is offline Send an Email to Vendetta Search for Posts by Vendetta Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Holy shit...those swords fucking rock...
09-08-2002 9:49 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Can't those guys get sued by Square or something?

Socrates: Get not your friends by bare compliments, but by giving them sensible tokens of your love.

09-08-2002 10:27 AMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I think they might get permission, maybe.

But can Gunblades actually shoot, or is the gun part for looks?

09-08-2002 11:59 AMTyler is offline Send an Email to Tyler Search for Posts by Tyler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Hell yeah it can shoot.Looks at the screen an see's squall do his limit blasting zone.Yep they can shoot it.

09-08-2002 5:33 PMSplatted One is offline Send an Email to Splatted One Search for Posts by Splatted One Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I'm probably wrong buti think they can only shoot magic, if you look at a close up pic the blade is right through the middle of the barrel.
09-09-2002 8:36 AMTyler is offline Send an Email to Tyler Search for Posts by Tyler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

hmm like if he hit htem with an elemant like fire he would burn him but if he hit em with ice it would be a slash of ice like is hwat you mean eh.Holy just htincking of htat as the element he's using*Evil Grin*

10-28-2002 1:52 PMFreeze is offline Send an Email to Freeze Search for Posts by Freeze Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Tidus' water sword.. that thing looked kickass.

Quote by Necro:
there's this cookie cutter life that people expect you to have and once you hit your 20s you're supposed to be somewhere in the middle of it

i ate the dough

12-10-2002 8:02 AMXander is offline Send an Email to Xander Homepage of Xander Search for Posts by Xander Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

T'would be brotherhood,Gemini
09-26-2016 10:39 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Edger:
I think they might get permission, maybe.

But can Gunblades actually shoot, or is the gun part for looks?

The gunblade is a stupid anime idea. BUT IT SORT OF EXISTED.

The old GNMP visitor center had examples of a similar revolver/knife thing on display. I've seen it, so I can vouch for...yes virginia, there was a santa claus gunblade.

This was a thing people made and sold, trying to marry a bayonet and pistol like that. Whether intentionally or not the final fantasy developers creating a weapon people would remember kinda riffed on a 19th century thing.

Unless everybody knew that. But even so, look at this thing, it's bananas.

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

09-27-2016 9:14 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

It looks kinda pretty but also not

09-27-2016 11:51 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

This concept, which now that I think about it/google it wasn't just the 19th century, never really gained widespread acceptance. At least with militaries because the idea just doesn't really work. It's one of those deals where conceptually maybe it makes sense but in practice it doesn't pan out really.

In ww1 from my understanding the British very briefly toyed with the idea of a bayonet on a webley revolver and then quickly realized "this isn't worth it, fuck it".

edit: I googled it and this may seem familiar to nec since it was in one of those assassin creed games apparently. Or some kind of pistol sword.

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Alizarin:

09-28-2016 12:21 AMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Seems like the added weight to a sidearm would kill accuracy and increase fatigue.

09-28-2016 1:19 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Yeah that was probably why it never really caught on as a concept.

You have a knife that's unwieldy and a pistol that's cumbersome to aim. So pretty much the worst of both worlds.

That second one just doesn't make sense even looking at it cause it's like a bowie knife bolted onto a single-shot pistol. At that point it's like...just hold the knife in one hand and the pistol in the other.

Quote by Alizarin:

Pages (2): [1] 2 next » « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » G.L.C., 860,630 Points.  » What's your favorite FF weapon used by a character?