What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Triangle Guy - Art  » Commercially Redundant» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (99): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] 5 6 next » ... last »Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Commercially Redundant
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
05-31-2008 10:40 AMNine XXVI is offline Send an Email to Nine XXVI Search for Posts by Nine XXVI Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

lolhealth
Peace.

05-31-2008 3:56 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I read in the paper it had a carcinogenic yellow dye. <.<
05-31-2008 4:03 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

They say everythings carcinogenic these days

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

05-31-2008 4:10 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

True, but I don't like Cheeros that much anyway.

Now, those new badass Pringles...
05-31-2008 4:19 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

"new" pringles?

Oh goddammit did they go and change those

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Alizarin:

05-31-2008 4:20 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

The bagged ones.
05-31-2008 6:20 PMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Bagged Pringles? Can you even call those Pringles anymore?
05-31-2008 7:33 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Who cares? They're fucking delicious. LOL
05-31-2008 7:39 PMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I actually don't allow myself to eat chips anymore. I considered chips and sodas as being addictive, so I don't touch the crap. I'll occasionally sample one chip out of a bag and maybe have two or three sodas a year (I usually have a Coke around Christmas. HOW CAN I SAY NO TO SANTA ON THE CAN). That's it, though.
05-31-2008 8:01 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I only drink soda in restauarnts now. Sometimes.
05-31-2008 9:49 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Brigadier General Shitstorm:
Bagged Pringles? Can you even call those Pringles anymore?

....THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO COME IN A FUCKING CAN. OR MAYBE IN THOSE PLASTIC THINGS. BAGS? BAGS?! THATS ANTITHETICAL TO THE WHOLE...THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO BE IN A STACK.

DAMMIT STOP CHANGING EVERYTHING

Speaking of ads

Apparently now every car company has some "BUY OUR CAR, GAS WILL ONLY COST 2.99!" gimmick.

First off, 1 cent away from 3 bucks for fucking gas speaks a lot about how this situation is all wrong, but I won't start off on that part.

Second, it's clearly a scam...which doesn't bother me, at least in terms of it being a scam, thats par for the course thats how things work. I just haven't figured out the SPECIFICS of it, the fine print goes by too fast for me to read, and it's a damn commercial so I'm not going to research it.

It's just the saturation of it honestly, every fucking car ad now. "WE'LL SAVE YOU MONEY ON GAS". No, no you goddamn won't. I can't explain how you won't. But no, you won't.

Quote by Alizarin:

05-31-2008 11:50 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
YOU BET YOUR SWEET ASPERCREME.

For some reason this was changed to "You bet if it's Aspercreme".

Quote:
And the sitcom failed, hard.

Fun fact: This isn't the first time an oversaturated commercial was optioned for a sitcom. Enter the flop that was Baby Bob. And as it says on there..apparently the gimmick was then brought back years later for commercials from an entirely different company.

Actually let me post another gripe. Theres this...it's some sort of online trading company. Their ads all look like crappy youtube videos. One of the inane many has a guy going "HI MY NAME IS (whatever), I'M IN HACKENSACK NEW JERSEY..I JUST PURCHASED SHARES FROM SHENG DAO (or whatever) IN HONG KONG...HONG KONG, THATS CHINA"

Yeah wow, you figured out how to trade internationally. I'll get right on engraving some form of medal for your stunning achievement.

Two and this is just irrational even I'll admit, thanks ASSHOLES for making Bergen county look like it's full of bald morons who think you have to use a website to deal with foreign markets. Not like a broker could do that, oh no, people from there are all just over-enthusiastic halfwits who have to use the intertubes to put our green paper into Chinese stocks. CAUSE ITS CHINA, WOW, HOW AMAZING.

Now they have a series with a talking baby trading stocks. It's just this baby in a high-chair with a camera on him, and the mouth is edited. Which is par for the course as far as "cocks talking baby sells things" ads..but in one of the ads the baby vomits. Honest to god, the baby vomits onto his shirt. And they edit it so he goes "whoops, sorry".

To be fair, this ad apparently has dropped from the rotation, as in I haven't seen it in a couple of weeks..but still. I can't be the only person who finds the idea of a vomiting baby in an ad for stock trading to be awful. It's not even the fact this has nothing to do with finance, it's more..why is there a vomiting baby on my t.v.?

Quote by Alizarin:

06-01-2008 12:06 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Sharpshooter005:
Quote:

Probably soccermoms complaining that their precious children are now responding to her with YOU BET YOUR SWEET ASPERCREME (cause..I know I said that alot when the commercials were on)

Descartes: An optimist may see a light where there is none, but why must the pessimist always run to blow it out?

06-01-2008 6:02 AMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Bi Money:
Quote by Sharpshooter005:
Quote:

Probably soccermoms complaining that their precious children are now responding to her with YOU BET YOUR SWEET ASPERCREME (cause..I know I said that alot when the commercials were on)

Shouted it, is more like it.
06-01-2008 2:58 PMNine XXVI is offline Send an Email to Nine XXVI Search for Posts by Nine XXVI Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Actually let me post another gripe. Theres this...it's some sort of online trading company. Their ads all look like crappy youtube videos. One of the inane many has a guy going "HI MY NAME IS (whatever), I'M IN HACKENSACK NEW JERSEY..I JUST PURCHASED SHARES FROM SHENG DAO (or whatever) IN HONG KONG...HONG KONG, THATS CHINA"

Jesus fuckin' Christ, I know what you're talking about and I hate this commercial as well. That isn't Charles Schwab is it, because I'm thinking it is that but yeah, fucking terrible all around. And I keep thinking the same thing, oh you know where Hong Kong is? Congrats? Now get the fuck off my television, you lace-curtain youse.
Peace.

06-02-2008 6:58 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

The British should've kept Hong Kong.
06-02-2008 7:00 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Nine Fontaine:
Quote:

Jesus fuckin' Christ, I know what you're talking about and I hate this commercial as well. That isn't Charles Schwab is it, because I'm thinking it is that but yeah, fucking terrible all around. And I keep thinking the same thing, oh you know where Hong Kong is? Congrats? Now get the fuck off my television, you lace-curtain youse.
Peace.

No I think charles schwab is/was the one running those like...they're animated, but not really...if you ever saw the movie waking life it's the same kind of animation, rotoscoping maybe?

Those were also pretty grating.

Quote by Alizarin:

06-02-2008 7:01 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Wasn't there this one whose overall theme was that of "We're Boy Scouts, I, the owner, built a treehouse with honesty and integrity" or something like that? Scottrade.
06-02-2008 9:05 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by X-sah:
Wasn't there this one whose overall theme was that of "We're Boy Scouts, I, the owner, built a treehouse with honesty and integrity" or something like that? Scottrade.

Oh yeah.

Yeah now..now it's him flying around in a helicopter.

Quote by Alizarin:

06-02-2008 4:55 PMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

The whole gas for 3.99/gallon thing is only for like 12,000 miles/year, and only for 87 octane.

Pages (99): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] 5 6 next » ... last »« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Triangle Guy - Art  » Commercially Redundant