What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » The Jerkstore  » They're masterworks, all. You can't go wrong.  » LETS TALK ABOUT DAVID BOWIE» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (22): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] 5 6 next » ... last »Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page LETS TALK ABOUT DAVID BOWIE
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
06-14-2008 11:41 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

show some grace yourself your time has passed this is now about david bowie did you not look at the title, get with the program~

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:
Necro: Pfft. You're a useless waste of oxygen.

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
Political Correctness Needs to Stop
08/27/2015

06-14-2008 11:42 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

or will you disobey sharp Mad

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

06-14-2008 11:42 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

that's not how we roll here Angry

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

06-14-2008 11:43 PMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I've given 2 "Sermons," and I don't have a degree, I'm just Mormon.

I think this counts as a win, for me.

P.S. Rob: Everyone hates me still Smile

06-14-2008 11:45 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

and we'll keep hating you if you don't start talking about david bowie

you don't know any of his music do you, fucker? Mad

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

06-14-2008 11:46 PMR. Lawson is offline Send an Email to R. Lawson Search for Posts by R. Lawson Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Edger:
I've given 2 "Sermons," and I don't have a degree, I'm just Mormon.

I think this counts as a win, for me.

I'd rather have two sermons under my belt than a degree.

Quote:
P.S. Rob: Everyone hates me still Smile

Laughing Out Loud Poor Ed.
06-14-2008 11:50 PMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Big Money:
and we'll keep hating you if you don't start talking about david bowie

you don't know any of his music do you, fucker? Mad

I like the movie Labyrinth, does that count?

Also, my sermons were really just 20 minute religious talks... It's not like I was the only speaker for an hour or anything.

06-14-2008 11:52 PMR. Lawson is offline Send an Email to R. Lawson Search for Posts by R. Lawson Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Ahhh. My sermon was 53 minutes long. I was soooo nervous at first.

Most of the people I have known since childhood, though, so I relaxed within 15 minutes or so.
06-14-2008 11:55 PMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Yeah, it's not so bad. I get up once a month to talk for 1-5 minutes.

We don't have clergy assigned to speak regularly. People in the church get asked to speak for 5-25 minutes (sometimes only days in advance.) So, pretty much everyone gives a talk at some point.

I quite like it, but wish I got to more.

06-14-2008 11:59 PMR. Lawson is offline Send an Email to R. Lawson Search for Posts by R. Lawson Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Edger:
Yeah, it's not so bad. I get up once a month to talk for 1-5 minutes.

We don't have clergy assigned to speak regularly. People in the church get asked to speak for 5-25 minutes (sometimes only days in advance.) So, pretty much everyone gives a talk at some point.

I quite like it, but wish I got to more.

That's pretty cool, actually. The church I attend has homegroup at one's house on Wednesdays and we do the same thing.

The infant church operated closer to the way you speak of, from house to house (although it's anyone's guess as to how long one spoke).
06-15-2008 12:00 AMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Lay ministry ftw.

Also...

"Holy crap, I'm freaking talking to Nova. How the hell did this happen?"

06-15-2008 12:05 AMR. Lawson is offline Send an Email to R. Lawson Search for Posts by R. Lawson Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Edger:
Lay ministry ftw.

Also...

"Holy crap, I'm freaking talking to Nova. How the hell did this happen?"

I must admit, it's weird being referred to as Nova.

How did it happen? My conquering cowardice? Laughing Out Loud
06-15-2008 12:11 AMSZO is offline Send an Email to SZO Homepage of SZO Search for Posts by SZO Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I think I remember Nick mentioning an apology. To be honest, I didn't believe it, lol.
06-15-2008 12:14 AMR. Lawson is offline Send an Email to R. Lawson Search for Posts by R. Lawson Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Ωmega:
I think I remember Nick mentioning an apology. To be honest, I didn't believe it, lol.

Had I been in anyone else's shoes who knew me I wouldn't have believed it, either!

This post has been edited; it was last edited by R. Lawson: 06-15-2008 12:14 AM.

06-15-2008 12:15 AMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Oh dear. The prodigal son has returned hasn't he.

Quote by R. Lawson:
Thank you for showing grace.

Grace? You once bragged about conning the sick, the weak, the destitute.

Grace should be granted to an avowed, braggart sociopath why?

Quote:
Remember the mean kid in Butterfly Effect? And remember how in one timeline he was really nice?

That's me now.

Never seen that movie.

Quote:
In essence, X -- and I am not shifting blame here -- I had been hooked on opiates since 1997. In 2004 I kicked the habit because of Sandi, God rest her soul, and then I pretty much went bonkers. Everything I did was of my own free will, of course. Please understand that I take full responsibility for my despicable actions.

I was a complacent, arrogant fool.

I've made jokes about her death too, guess what. I didn't cross the sick, sick fucking line you apparently did.

Quote:
I went to seminary, obtained my Master's in Religious Studies, and preached my first sermon on April 27. (Don't worry, I'm not here to proselytize -- I earnestly came here to apologize to everyone.)

I appreciate your forgiveness, X. Everyone else's, too.

Robb (yeah, with two B's now). Wink

Sickening. What I've heard you've done should preclude you from ever standing in front of a congregation of any church. Scamming the elderly? THATS what they let pastors do? Whatever denomination you're involved with, you're doing a disservice to.

We haven't met. Everyone on here calls me Sharpy or Sharpie. Terribly sorry, you've been gone a while and here I am calling you out.

Furthermore, I'd never even heard of you..many of us haven't. If you're truly sorry then fine. But make a thread, apologize for the terrible, terrible things you've supposedly done.

Gentlemen accept their transgressions and apologize.

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

06-15-2008 12:22 AMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Next thing is Blaze coming back, though.

And I'm not ready for that.

Ever.

06-15-2008 12:23 AMSZO is offline Send an Email to SZO Homepage of SZO Search for Posts by SZO Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

BLASPHEMY FOR MENTIONING THAT NAME.
06-15-2008 12:23 AMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Please, I can't do anything worse than I've already done, lol.

06-15-2008 12:29 AMR. Lawson is offline Send an Email to R. Lawson Search for Posts by R. Lawson Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Sharpshooter005:
Grace? You once bragged about conning the sick, the weak, the destitute.

Grace should be granted to an avowed, braggart sociopath why?

Grace is undeserved favor. I did not expect to be shown grace, yet I have. In fact, I did not think I would come back and reply, for I had it set in my mind that I would merely be mocked. That's fine, so long as I apologized.

Quote:
Sickening. What I've heard you've done should preclude you from ever standing in front of a congregation of any church. Scamming the elderly? THATS what they let pastors do? Whatever denomination you're involved with, you're doing a disservice to.

St. Paul did many, terrible things, too, but it did not disqualify him from service. King David murdered many by joining forces with the Philistines and going on raiding parties, yet he was still called "a man after God's own heart." I've learned from my mistakes. Oh, and I grew up.

Moreover, I'm not a pastor. Not yet, anyway. I'm non-denominational with Charismatic/Free Grace beliefs.

Quote:
Furthermore, I'd never even heard of you..many of us haven't. If you're truly sorry then fine. But make a thread, apologize for the terrible, terrible things you've supposedly done.

Gentlemen accept their transgressions and apologize.

Well, yeah. That's what I did. The thread's name was changed (by someone else) from "An apology" to the title it is now.

This post has been edited; it was last edited by R. Lawson: 06-15-2008 12:31 AM.

06-15-2008 12:39 AMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

is that you as your avatar

if so this makes the past all that more amusing, though i'm not really meaning this as to mock you (at least not on a concious level Laughing Out Loud )

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

Pages (22): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] 5 6 next » ... last »« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » The Jerkstore  » They're masterworks, all. You can't go wrong.  » LETS TALK ABOUT DAVID BOWIE