What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » The Jerkstore  » They're masterworks, all. You can't go wrong.  » LETS TALK ABOUT DAVID BOWIE» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page LETS TALK ABOUT DAVID BOWIE
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
06-13-2008 3:19 AMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

don't be a fag

i am a huge jerk to numerous people on a daily basis, so what. anyone holding grudges over shit espescially online shit if especially if it is for years deserves it for being a stupid Faggot letting stupid shit get to them

(actually this apology likely shouldn't have anything to do with me i just felt like throwing around the word fag because theres nothing more heterosexual then denouncing another person's homosexuality with little basis for the claim)

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:
Necro: Pfft. You're a useless waste of oxygen.

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
Political Correctness Needs to Stop
08/27/2015

06-13-2008 3:19 AMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

plus x is an albino it's not like you have to treat him like he is a person

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

06-13-2008 3:20 AMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

now now this might be an actual heartfelt apology why must you ride the douchemobile all over this topic so early

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

06-13-2008 3:23 AMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

hey bitch did you ever think did you that i'm drunk i got off the tracks what bitch you gonna lay a DUI all over me for this Mad

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

06-13-2008 3:24 AMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

hey babe calm down calm down, i'll just get you to take a breathalyzer test. i'll just unzip my pants here and you get ready to blow Kiss

i'm sure you'll pass with flying colors Luv

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

06-14-2008 12:32 AMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

up until five years ago nova tyrannically ruled over iraq

no wait that's saddam hussein Confused

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

06-14-2008 10:14 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

five years is the opening track to ziggy stardust

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

06-14-2008 10:31 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

much improved I rock.

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

06-14-2008 10:42 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by R. Lawson:
Hi, folks.

I'm not familiar with many of the users here, but I do see some I recognize. To those who know me: this message is for you.

My name is Robb, or Nova or Ninja Cow.

I've been thinking of what to say and how to apologize for the last two years, yet I've been too nervous to register. I know I was a huge jerk to many people. I regret this. I sincerely do.

I haven't come here to post on a regular basis. I couldn't if I wanted to -- too busy. I merely registered because many of you deserve an apology. So, I apologize for my past cruelty, terrible attitudes, and outright hate toward many of you.

I mistreated many of you. There's no fear when you're babbling behind a monitor, eh? One might say, "I could care less about your apology." That is fine. Yet I could not remain a coward forever and withhold an apology from you -- especially you, X.

I wish you all well,
R. Lawson

David Bowie is pretty cool and I think everyone likes at least some of his music.

I like Space Oddity among others, but I also find it kind of a sad song, whats your take on that?

space oddity definitely has a sad edge to it, providing the image of a man alone lost in space. bowie's use of the stylophone effectively gave the an otherwards folksy song a futuristic edge and successfully made it dynamic - which, although it's only from his second album to this day remains one of his most well known tracks

i've also heard rumours that at the time some critics/jounralists believed the song was a metaphor for taking heroin - this isn't something i care to think about deeply but bowie did play with the idea in the song ashes to ashes from his 1980 release, scary monsters (and super creeps):

"Ashes to ashes, funk to funky
We know major toms a junkie
Strung out in heavens high
Hitting an all-time "

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

06-14-2008 10:43 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

i saw david bowie (the first album) at a store for like $5.99 or some shit

i didn't buy it for some reason Confused

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

06-14-2008 10:43 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

but in all honesty, if someone didn't like at least one bowie song there would be something seriousky fucking wrong with them

david bowie is the shit

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

06-14-2008 11:00 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

reznor remixed I'm Afraid of Americans

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

06-14-2008 11:01 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

and why are you using a picture from the ziggy stardust era hollow, he was being intentionally outrageous back then

(glam was meant to be camp you know)

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

06-14-2008 11:41 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

show some grace yourself your time has passed this is now about david bowie did you not look at the title, get with the program~

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

06-14-2008 11:42 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

or will you disobey sharp Mad

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

06-14-2008 11:42 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

that's not how we roll here Angry

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

06-14-2008 11:45 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

and we'll keep hating you if you don't start talking about david bowie

you don't know any of his music do you, fucker? Mad

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

06-15-2008 12:39 AMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

is that you as your avatar

if so this makes the past all that more amusing, though i'm not really meaning this as to mock you (at least not on a concious level Laughing Out Loud )

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

06-15-2008 12:42 AMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

you know christianity would be pretty cool if they changed the symbols like say they made the crosses into guitars

and say instead of worshipping that god character you worshipped david bowie

winning formula right there Confused

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

06-15-2008 12:44 AMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

maybe john lennon/paul mccartney too

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » The Jerkstore  » They're masterworks, all. You can't go wrong.  » LETS TALK ABOUT DAVID BOWIE