What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Triangle Guy - Art  » What movie(s) did you recently watch?» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (324): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] 5 6 next » ... last »Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page What movie(s) did you recently watch?
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
10-27-2008 11:44 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I suppose Moose, that you didn't see the little preview of Sweeney they had On Demand?

I saw it at your house. Yeah, it was awful.
10-27-2008 11:49 PMDiglett is offline Send an Email to Diglett Search for Posts by Diglett Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Don't you have to like musicals and Johnny Depp to..like a musical with Johnny Depp?
10-27-2008 11:50 PMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I like Johnny Depp. Yes, still.

Musicals are a different matter.
10-27-2008 11:53 PMNine XXVI is offline Send an Email to Nine XXVI Search for Posts by Nine XXVI Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Dustin:
Don't you have to like musicals and Johnny Depp to..like a musical with Johnny Depp?

That's only part of the equation. Now take that and add in Tim Burton and his overhanded gothic and "eccentric" style. Then you get the full picture.

Oh, and his knocked up wife was in it too.

Quote by Robert Smith:
Musicals are a different matter.

Hey now, there's nothing wrong with musicals...

...unless we're talking about current because yeah, those fucking suck. Please, don't get me started on Chicago.
Peace.

10-27-2008 11:56 PMDiglett is offline Send an Email to Diglett Search for Posts by Diglett Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Never had much of an issue with Burton or Depp.

Once again, it's the people who like Burton who usually drive me right up the fucking wall. He's not really my taste with the constant "GOTH CAN BE WACKY AND FUN" sort of thing, but I don't really think he's shitty.

I think Depp is a really good actor, too. At the risk of no doubt some amount of mocking. I did like him in Pirates even if his role was basically a witty Keith Richards impersonator.
10-27-2008 11:57 PMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Well, I don't immediately recall any musicals that made me say, "That was a great movie." But that's just me.
10-28-2008 12:00 AMNine XXVI is offline Send an Email to Nine XXVI Search for Posts by Nine XXVI Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Dustin:
I think Depp is a really good actor, too. At the risk of no doubt some amount of mocking. I did like him in Pirates even if his role was basically a witty Keith Richards impersonator.

I agree, and I think one of his best performances was Finding Neverland, so yeah he's actually a good actor when you really look at it and all.

Quote by Robert Smith:
Well, I don't immediately recall any musicals that made me say, "That was a great movie." But that's just me.

Have you seen any musicals, my man?

Singin' in the Rain? An American in Paris? Seven Wives for Seven Brothers? Anything?
Peace.

10-28-2008 12:12 AMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Rated [R] Nineh:
Have you seen any musicals, my man?

Singin' in the Rain? An American in Paris? Seven Wives for Seven Brothers? Anything?
Peace.

Nah. Singing typically doesn't appeal to me much, even in the music I listen to.

Edit: And isn't it Seven Brides for Seven Brothers?
10-28-2008 12:14 AMNine XXVI is offline Send an Email to Nine XXVI Search for Posts by Nine XXVI Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Robert Smith:
Edit: And isn't it Seven Brides for Seven Brothers?

You know, I knew that was wrong when I was typing that, but I didn't care to check... and its one of my favorite musicals too. Laughing Out Loud

Well played Moosey, well played. +1
Peace.

10-28-2008 12:14 AMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

You might wanna' take my +1 away when I tell you I learned the title from The Golden Girls.
10-28-2008 12:16 AMNine XXVI is offline Send an Email to Nine XXVI Search for Posts by Nine XXVI Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Robert Smith:
You might wanna' take my +1 away when I tell you I learned the title from The Golden Girls.

Not at all. If anything, I should +1 again. I mean, the important thing is that you know about it and all.
Peace.

10-28-2008 10:22 AMOld Gabén is offline Send an Email to Old Gabén Search for Posts by Old Gabén Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Dustin:
Never had much of an issue with Burton or Depp.

Once again, it's the people who like Burton who usually drive me right up the fucking wall. He's not really my taste with the constant "GOTH CAN BE WACKY AND FUN" sort of thing, but I don't really think he's shitty.

10-28-2008 12:34 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Rated [R] Nineh:
Quote by Robert Smith:

Not at all. If anything, I should +1 again. I mean, the important thing is that you know about it and all.
Peace.

Betty White was on boston legal again last night

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

10-28-2008 1:18 PMOld Gabén is offline Send an Email to Old Gabén Search for Posts by Old Gabén Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

wait when does that show come on, james spader is my dog

10-28-2008 1:43 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

They moved it (didn't it used to be on wednesday or someshit) to monday at 10 for this season (which I'm pretty sure is the last one)

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Alizarin:

10-28-2008 1:48 PMOld Gabén is offline Send an Email to Old Gabén Search for Posts by Old Gabén Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Oh shit that's right after Heroes, that's perfect

PS I'm watching the Maltese Falcon and The Great Train Robbery in about 11 minutes

This post has been edited; it was last edited by Old Gabén: 10-28-2008 1:49 PM.

10-28-2008 3:13 PMD is offline Send an Email to D Search for Posts by D Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by C. FALCON:
Oh shit that's right after Heroes, that's perfect

PS I'm watching the Maltese Falcon and The Great Train Robbery in about 11 minutes

YESSSS

10-28-2008 3:58 PMOld Gabén is offline Send an Email to Old Gabén Search for Posts by Old Gabén Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Sam Spade talked the straightest trash on Wilmer in that movie

10-28-2008 4:17 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

The Blair Witch Project

Yeah, only took like..9 years for me to actually see it

Quote by Alizarin:

10-28-2008 4:48 PMGudetama is offline Send an Email to Gudetama Search for Posts by Gudetama Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Robert Smith:

Awesome

Pages (324): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] 5 6 next » ... last »« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Triangle Guy - Art  » What movie(s) did you recently watch?