What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Triangle Guy - Art  » Money Prophesies Doom» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (6): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] 5 6 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Money Prophesies Doom
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
11-29-2008 2:30 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Well that's it folks, D's lost it
11-29-2008 5:41 PMOptimus Cack is offline Send an Email to Optimus Cack Homepage of Optimus Cack Search for Posts by Optimus Cack Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Aregular Hopoge Albono:
Quote by Sharpshooter005:
Quote by Optimus Cack:
local news stations

This is where dreams go to die

You mean are RAEPd then left to die

Mostly it's college students interning for something to put on their resumes.

11-29-2008 6:58 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

And what do you upgrade to?
11-29-2008 9:01 PMOptimus Cack is offline Send an Email to Optimus Cack Homepage of Optimus Cack Search for Posts by Optimus Cack Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

And what do you upgrade to?

Working with a small freelance company, generally doing corporate videos or something like that. There's no real shortage of work.

11-29-2008 9:11 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I wonder how I'll do with a Masters or doctorate. Eh.
11-29-2008 9:17 PMOptimus Cack is offline Send an Email to Optimus Cack Homepage of Optimus Cack Search for Posts by Optimus Cack Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I wonder how I'll do with a Masters or doctorate. Eh.

Pretty well giving bullshit diagnoses to kids who just need to be hit every once in awhile.

11-29-2008 10:24 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Well if I gotta work with kids to make the cash, so be it.
11-29-2008 11:52 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Okay just so you know, when your patients go "Who was that guy who came into the room for a minute after you left and started administering shock-therapy with a pair of jumper cables"

This is me, just go with it, we'll split the profits 50/50

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

11-29-2008 11:59 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Is this after or before managed care takes out half our commission
11-30-2008 12:00 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Oh I don't think they'll be much of a problem

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Alizarin:

11-30-2008 12:01 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

On a serious note, they'll be dropping my hourly wage from like 80 to 35 if I let them have their way. Bastards.
11-30-2008 12:02 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

That doesn't even make sense.

I mean the whole damn point of that is to drain the wallet, now they're cutting that out?

Quote by Alizarin:

11-30-2008 12:04 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Managed care companies do that by simply refusing to pay guys like me and doctors what we're supposed toi get.
11-30-2008 4:43 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Speaking of your deal, the mind shit.

Okay, heres my problem with psychology. Now I know it's a field thats continually evolving, and it does some good stuff. And I'm sure you'll do said good stuff.

Yet some of it just...I don't get. Normal people who do it are told they're fucked up on some level. But then, when somebody snaps and murders a bunch of people, its retroactively said that its not their fault, it was their environment and so on.

My question is this, everyone is screwed the fuck up on some level right? I mean, you want to tell people how they're screwed up and yet you apparently like wearing womens undergarments. To me this proves that on some level, we've all got our issues.

So can we not call murderers or rapists monsters? I mean on some level we've all got neurotic shit, as I've said. Cant the ones who kill five people or pin somebody down in an alleyway and sexually violate them be termed damaged? Do we HAVE to just blame their actions on other factors.

Are we supposed to look at these people and say "Oh well..I have neuroses, so I can't judge them".

Is there not a line where it ends, and yes, you can call a motherfucker BROKEN

Quote by Alizarin:

11-30-2008 10:11 AMGudetama is offline Send an Email to Gudetama Search for Posts by Gudetama Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Is there not a line where it ends, and yes, you can call a motherfucker BROKEN

I'd like to believe anything past me is that line.

11-30-2008 11:37 AMMav is offline Send an Email to Mav Homepage of Mav Search for Posts by Mav Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

So can we not call murderers or rapists monsters? I mean on some level we've all got neurotic shit, as I've said. Cant the ones who kill five people or pin somebody down in an alleyway and sexually violate them be termed damaged? Do we HAVE to just blame their actions on other factors.

i imagine that the go-to answer for this is "well, yes, they are damaged, due to said outside factors"

i mean to a certain extent i get what you're arguing, i do agree there are some people who are just beyond rehabilitation, but i also think there are some people who, just due to bad luck basically, are fucked up beyond all recognition due to no fault of their own.

whether or not they're responsible for their actions after being fucked up so badly is a question i dont really have an answer for, but the fact that i don't have an answer leads me to go with "they're not responsible" until i'm sure, innocent until proven guilty, etc.

Dammit Mav, you're Gay

Quote by Alizarin:
<Alizarin>: mav mav he's mabulous la la la

Quote by Daveh:
I thought of you and my cock got as hard as a diamond, the rope stood no chance D:

11-30-2008 4:48 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Sharp:

Well... psychologists are supposed to be reassuring people who do not judge others. It's kind of like a doctor saying you have an STD, but not being really allowed to tell you that your behavior is wrong. The reason for this is because if you have a subtle mental disorder, you're supposed to simply gently prod until they figure it out on their own, as this has the effect of unraveling the disorder itself.

The reason this attribute of non-judging gets exaggerated for serious offenders is probably because it's extremely hard not to judge in such situations, so we go to 'great' lengths not to judge.

The viewpoint of most of the modern practitioners of the profession is that, given the right treatments, everybody can have symptoms reduced. Hence, we're not allowed to say anybody screwed up outright, as it puts them in defensive mode. Obviously, killers and rapists are already probably maladjusted, so this worry that they may get defensive is heightened. So they get the super kid gloves.

Plus, well... psychologists who try to treat the really maladjusted members of society, the multiple murderers and so on... they have special training and experience in such situations. You kinda have to have nerves of steel to take that job. Whereas the people who treat those with more temporary insanity probably don't. That, and when a seemingly normal guy snaps and kills a person, the... overall psychological shock to everyone around him or her is greater. This leads to people saying that he's messed up. It's not that serial killers aren't told they're screwed up by the public at large, it's that the immediate shock of a more singular killing is greater.
11-30-2008 5:28 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I'm just trying to plant the seed that ends up blooming into you punching a guy in the throat abruptly in the middle of a session in like 20 years.

Why? I dunno, that'd be kind of lol, out of nowhere "Man fuck this that dude on the internet was right *picks up lamp*"

Quote by Alizarin:

11-30-2008 6:12 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I don't think I wanna be sued man
11-30-2008 6:14 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Yeah lawsuits..kind of throw a lot of my ideas off track

Quote by Alizarin:

Pages (6): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] 5 6 next » « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Triangle Guy - Art  » Money Prophesies Doom