What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Triangle Guy - Art  » Money Prophesies Doom» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (6): « first ... « previous 4 5 [6] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Money Prophesies Doom
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
06-24-2009 7:53 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Is rocky V the one where he buys somebody a robot butler thing

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

06-24-2009 9:35 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

No that's Rocky 3 I think....

Aliz: yeah we were told that this keiko business would all work out but then the economy crashed and we're left with these useless asians.

06-24-2009 5:04 PMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Aregular Hopoge Albono:
Can you really imagine a bunch of old guys lugging around those giant proton packs?

Just as easily as I could imagine a 70-year-old Dr. McCoy in a Starfleet uniform, beating on some dying Klingon's chest and shouting, "He's going into some kind of damned arrest!"

And Rocky IV--and Rocky IV alone--was the one with the robot butler.
06-24-2009 9:04 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Somebody resurrect DeForest Kelly and cast him as the lost, 5th ghostbuster.

Or 4th in case ernie hudson decides his career is too prestigious to return to that franchise

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Alizarin:

06-24-2009 9:31 PMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

He got a ton more lines in the GB game. I think he had more dialogue than Bill Murray. I hope he's happy.
06-24-2009 9:54 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Winston is my favorite ghostbuster and it's distance from the other three that make him great. Like when the three of them try and convince the police what is really going on when they get locked up and Winston realizes how crazy it is and asks for his own lawyer.

Laughing Out Loud

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:
Necro: Pfft. You're a useless waste of oxygen.

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
Political Correctness Needs to Stop
08/27/2015

06-24-2009 9:57 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Bringing back the original ghostbusters would be best because that is who people like. We don't want replacements. We don't want Shia becoming the next Indiana Jones, we want to see Rocky go toe to toe with the next generation.

And you know why? There's no great action movie star heroes today like in the 70s/80s when these movies started.

Fuck it, the only person qualified other than the main four to wear the uniform is Louis. Laughing Out Loud

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:
Necro: Pfft. You're a useless waste of oxygen.

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
Political Correctness Needs to Stop
08/27/2015

06-24-2009 10:06 PMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Exactly. We love these characters. You can't just replace them all and expect it to work.
06-24-2009 10:23 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by D:
michael cera and jack black is like dividing zero divided by zero

And if Ramis working on that movie is an indication they're casting Michael Cera one of the newbie ghostbusters. The hell with this movie I'm not acknowledging its existence

I don't mean this in a "rapin mah childhood" way so much as a.."come the fuck on, really?" sort of way.

God I wish arrested development had never been greenlit, it'd just be so much better for everyone

Quote by Alizarin:

06-24-2009 10:39 PMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

And the writers from The Office possibly working on the GB3 script does nothing to stoke my interest in the film, either.

On the plus side, maybe this movie would make people respect GB2 more. I don't care what people say. I still enjoyed that movie.
06-24-2009 10:42 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

GB2 gets a lot of shit for being...I forget what the general claim is, "toned down" or "too much of a big franchise thing"

And okay I can get the arguments but it really isn't as bad as it's made out to be

Quote:
And the writers from The Office possibly working on the GB3 script does nothing to stoke my interest in the film, either.

I'm ambivalent about that, then again as I've said before I stopped really watching the office when they started focusing on the three characters I found the least amusing (the one dude and the redhead dame having some will they/won't they romance, and the gimmick crazy dude in glasses). I always thought some of the background characters and the one carrell plays were better.

I'm not prepared to completely write it off as a bad show, I just didn't totally get on board with the direction it seemingly went in. The non-spin off they made (parks and recreation) I somehow wound up liking, while everyone else seemingly didn't, So maybe my opinion on that matters just meaningless

Quote by Alizarin:

06-24-2009 10:47 PMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Sharpshooter005:
GB2 gets a lot of shit for being...I forget what the general claim is, "toned down" or "too much of a big franchise thing"

And okay I can get the arguments but it really isn't as bad as it's made out to be

Not even close. I thought the flick was fine.
06-24-2009 11:04 PMD is offline Send an Email to D Search for Posts by D Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Sharpshooter005:
Somebody resurrect DeForest Kelly and cast him as the lost, 5th ghostbuster.

"I'm dead, Jim."

06-24-2009 11:08 PMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

"Dammit, Jim, I'm a corpse, not a doctor!"
06-25-2009 7:12 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I almost thought Winston talked a little TOO much ingame...
06-25-2009 1:51 PMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Ray probably had the most dialogue of anyone, though.
06-27-2009 10:10 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Well, his player is a bit... unsound.
01-02-2016 6:33 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Old Gabén:
GHOSTBUSTERS III

=

=

=

=

If you aren't crying right now, you have no soul

I think I blame you for Harold Ramis' death and the fact the studio randomly decided to remake ghostbusters.

(It's easy to blame money since he was a weird misogynist)

Quote by Alizarin:

01-02-2016 7:16 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Actually his fucktoy D was the weird misogynist but since they were always playing a game of grab-ass with each other I can see why you got them confused Smile

Aliz: yeah we were told that this keiko business would all work out but then the economy crashed and we're left with these useless asians.

01-02-2016 8:04 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Trainee:
Actually his fucktoy D was the weird misogynist but since they were always playing a game of grab-ass with each other I can see why you got them confused Smile

Eh...six of one half a cretin of the other. They were sorta in love and both doing it.

Quote by Alizarin:

Pages (6): « first ... « previous 4 5 [6] « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Triangle Guy - Art  » Money Prophesies Doom