What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » The Jerkstore  » Prognosis Negative - Polls  » A Poll That Is Useful (See: Related to This Semester's Academic Future)» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 next » ... last »Post New Thread Post Reply
Poll: Should I drop Cultural Anthropology?
No 2 100.00%
Yes 0 0.00%
Total:2 Votes100%

Go to the bottom of this page A Poll That Is Useful (See: Related to This Semester's Academic Future)
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
02-09-2009 11:17 PMBonesy is offline Send an Email to Bonesy Homepage of Bonesy Search for Posts by Bonesy Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Okay, so I might have said that I'm taking Cultural Anthropology. It was fun at first, but now I loathe it. Here are the reasons why:

• The people in the class are close-minded idiots. A bunch of the chicks in the class bawwwed about female genitalia mutilation, not realizing that it might not be right here, but it is a part of other cultures.
  • The teacher got all pissy at me when I was trying to explain to her while she was in the hall.
  • The homework is pathetically easy, and the tests most likely even more so. I know the pre-test was.
  • I don't need the goddamned class to graduate! Hell, I'd be better off trying to take it at NAU if I had to for my major.
  • I can get rides from my friend who usually goes to his mom's office to work on homework to either home or at least his mom's office.

However, there are some drawbacks:

• I won't be able to get my money back tuition-wise. Book-wise maybe.
  • Parents will get pissy at me.

Call me crazy, but my mind is telling me to drop it.
02-09-2009 11:21 PMGudetama is offline Send an Email to Gudetama Search for Posts by Gudetama Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

If I dropped every class that was composed of people I hated I'd never go to school...

02-09-2009 11:21 PMRHF is offline Send an Email to RHF Search for Posts by RHF Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

How much was it to get in the class?

Quote by Nana Kitade:
If I dropped every class that was composed of people I hated I'd never go to school...

Would you have hated anyone here if we were in the same class?

This post has been edited; it was last edited by RHF: 02-09-2009 11:21 PM.

02-09-2009 11:22 PMGudetama is offline Send an Email to Gudetama Search for Posts by Gudetama Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Segata Sanshiro:
How much was it to get in the class?

Quote by Nana Kitade:

Would you have hated anyone here if we were in the same class?

I'd like to say no but... I'm honestly not sure.

02-09-2009 11:23 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

..dude.

It doesn't matter if it's part of another culture, the chicks can still "baw" because shit is barbaric

I know guys "baw" about losing some skin off their dick (and for some it's understandable), but this is totally different, they remove parts just so the woman won't enjoy sex and cheat on her (usually forced to be wed to) husband

The girls are sometimes dragged kicking and screaming to get their junk cut off

They sometimes have to sew the legs shut just so it can heal without getting infected

Jesus dude that's not close minded it's concern about welfare of other human beings

(I am saying this without full information sure, but yeah)

Aliz: yeah we were told that this keiko business would all work out but then the economy crashed and we're left with these useless asians.

02-09-2009 11:26 PMBonesy is offline Send an Email to Bonesy Homepage of Bonesy Search for Posts by Bonesy Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

If I divide my tuition by 3 (all my classes are 3 credits), it costs 135 dollars.

However, if I had only taken two classes in the first place, it would cost 120 dollars. For two classes. Yeah.
02-09-2009 11:28 PMRHF is offline Send an Email to RHF Search for Posts by RHF Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

If you have a well paying job, then, losing that money shouldn't matter. Though, if a class is very easy I'd stick to it, but if I don't enjoyment out of the class then I'd try to get out.

02-09-2009 11:29 PMGudetama is offline Send an Email to Gudetama Search for Posts by Gudetama Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Segata Sanshiro:
If you have a well paying job, then, losing that money shouldn't matter. Though, if a class is very easy I'd stick to it, but if I don't enjoyment out of the class then I'd try to get out.

If I didn't go to any classes I didn't enjoy I'd never go to school...

02-09-2009 11:30 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

The first part of this is sort of funny, and it's funny because this is the same guy who if you mention online games goes off into a psychotic rant about Brazillians.

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

02-10-2009 1:34 AMOld Gabén is offline Send an Email to Old Gabén Search for Posts by Old Gabén Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
The people in the class are close-minded idiots. A bunch of the chicks in the class bawwwed about female genitalia mutilation, not realizing that it might not be right here, but it is a part of other cultures.

Cultural relativism is ACLU bullshit, sorry kid

02-10-2009 2:17 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Regular Bill Shakespeare:
Quote:
The people in the class are close-minded idiots. A bunch of the chicks in the class bawwwed about female genitalia mutilation, not realizing that it might not be right here, but it is a part of other cultures.

For once I agree with Money. You know this means something.

And... am I not wrong, but isn't foresin destruction alsoi meant to reduce sexual pleasure? I haerd it makes the penis less sensitive.
02-10-2009 2:18 AMOld Gabén is offline Send an Email to Old Gabén Search for Posts by Old Gabén Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I don't believe anything I read about sexual health on the internet

02-10-2009 2:24 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
isn't foresin destruction alsoi meant to reduce sexual pleasure?

No it originated as a hygiene thing

Quote:

People who just got exposed to the concept of anthropology are adorable yeah

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

02-10-2009 2:40 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I wonder if I should've tajken anthropology classes.
02-10-2009 2:42 AMOld Gabén is offline Send an Email to Old Gabén Search for Posts by Old Gabén Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

If you should've, you should've taken biological anthropology

02-10-2009 2:49 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Why do you say that
02-10-2009 2:52 AMOld Gabén is offline Send an Email to Old Gabén Search for Posts by Old Gabén Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

biological anthropology involves science on some level

cultural anthropology is about holding hands and singing songs

02-10-2009 2:59 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Your point is well noted

Too late though, lol last semester
02-10-2009 3:06 AMOld Gabén is offline Send an Email to Old Gabén Search for Posts by Old Gabén Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Regular Bill Shakespeare:
If you should've

wasn't actually making a judgment

02-10-2009 3:12 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Oh I know, I'm making my own
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 next » ... last »« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » The Jerkstore  » Prognosis Negative - Polls  » A Poll That Is Useful (See: Related to This Semester's Academic Future)