What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » The Jerkstore  » Prognosis Negative - Polls  » What do you think of this?» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page What do you think of this?
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
02-09-2009 11:55 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Laudation of God by CrossMirage on DeviantArt

General opinion of it; do you like it? Why?

Do you dislike it; if so, why?

Sharp: ...this is not art. If this is what art is now, I am done. I fold, I quit. This is not art, and if saying this means I'm the odd man out from this damnable age until I expire, sure I'll do that.

Fuck the 21st century, it's been nothing but a series of disappointments.

02-09-2009 11:57 PMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I have no opinion because I don't know what the right answer is.
02-09-2009 11:58 PMRHF is offline Send an Email to RHF Search for Posts by RHF Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

It makes me think of the angels fron Evangelion.

Other wise, good but I've seen some pretty cooler stuff already. Some more detailed as well.

02-10-2009 12:00 AMGudetama is offline Send an Email to Gudetama Search for Posts by Gudetama Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

It LOOKS pretty, and it has religous symbols and stuff as you would hope. My only complaint is the robot kind of bugs me for no real reason... maybe the mega man arm?

Edit: On second look, I now realize that that arm contains whips. Damn enegry swirls

02-10-2009 12:02 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

That's not metal, that shit looks plastic.

It basically abuses bright coloration to look pretty. The 'ooh shiny' factor.

It's basically bog standard digital art.
02-10-2009 12:03 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Alton Brown:
I have no opinion because I don't know what the right answer is.

There is no right answer, I am asking this not because I think it's crap and I want people to lul at it, it's because I'm interested in what people think of the design/idea/coloration

Sharp: ...this is not art. If this is what art is now, I am done. I fold, I quit. This is not art, and if saying this means I'm the odd man out from this damnable age until I expire, sure I'll do that.

02-10-2009 12:04 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

It's pleasing to the eye, I just think it's weird, the body doesn't seem to go with the wings.
02-10-2009 12:05 AMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Well, I think it's pretentious.

Mix anything with religious symbolism and suddenly it's deep.

Like the US Chrono Trigger script.

Hell, the thing sorta' looks like the Mammon Machine.
02-10-2009 12:05 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

You guys are awesome, such varied reactions

02-10-2009 12:06 AMFreeze is offline Send an Email to Freeze Search for Posts by Freeze Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I'm a terrible critic. But it does look very shiny and impressive to me.

Quote by Necro:
there's this cookie cutter life that people expect you to have and once you hit your 20s you're supposed to be somewhere in the middle of it

i ate the dough

02-10-2009 12:06 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

The wheel reminds me of uh...what is it...where the angel is some sort of bizarre deal with wheels turning inside of other wheels made of fire, ezekiel or whatever

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

02-10-2009 12:07 AMGudetama is offline Send an Email to Gudetama Search for Posts by Gudetama Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I totally suck at all things art related, so my opinions are moot, plus I'm a sucker for pretty colors.

02-10-2009 12:08 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Sharpshooter005:
The wheel reminds me of uh...what is it...where the angel is some sort of bizarre deal with wheels turning inside of other wheels made of fire, ezekiel or whatever

Throne is what you're thinking of.

--

The design of the thing is interesting, but it's just weird.

I don't like the teeny stick limbs.
02-10-2009 12:08 AMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I kind of ignored the art element and criticized it purely based on subject matter.

I can't say how constructive that is.
02-10-2009 12:09 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Aregular Hopoge Albono:
Quote by Sharpshooter005:

Throne is what you're thinking of.

Oh right the thing in ezekiel was..some kind of trippy ass conveyance or chariot or someshit

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

02-10-2009 12:16 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I just think it's weird that the thing's forearm is twice as thock as its body.
02-10-2009 1:58 AMOld Gabén is offline Send an Email to Old Gabén Search for Posts by Old Gabén Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

It's a dumb looking robot

the lines are strong in some places and look weird and sketchy in others, like the right arm

Robot's posture is iffy

don't like the way the wings look, feathery shapes would have done better than just wavy lines

02-10-2009 2:05 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I don't like how the roboyt has all this strong shading in body, but cheap wings
02-11-2009 4:56 AMNine XXVI is offline Send an Email to Nine XXVI Search for Posts by Nine XXVI Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Segata Sanshiro:
It makes me think of the angels fron Evangelion.

Was it... RAAAAAAAPIN' YO MIND?!

Also, I don't like it too much; not feeling the whole... bottom of the body there, I don't even know if I'm suppose to get what that is. Also, until I read a couple of these posts, I didn't know those were suppose to be wings.

Also, is it bad that I think the best and most impressive thing of the drawing in the background of the sky?
Peace.

02-18-2009 8:05 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Lol, this picture got a DD today.

(Daily Deviation, stays on DA's front page for a day)

Pages (2): [1] 2 next » « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » The Jerkstore  » Prognosis Negative - Polls  » What do you think of this?