What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Maestro - Music  » Michael Jackson» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (4): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Michael Jackson
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
04-09-2012 8:13 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Or they wear a sweater and refer to you as THEEEEOOOOOO. It absolutely does not matter if thats your given name or not.

Oh, yeah, except for when they're like..a cop (or wait am I confusing this with the character that guy played in die hard) that continually gets harassed by jaleel white.

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

04-09-2012 8:30 PMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

He's a cop in both, I think. (I don't know. I've never seen the original Die Hard. Yes, this is possible.)
04-09-2012 8:32 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I hate the Die Hard movies.

Bill Maher: If you think you have it tough, read history books.

04-09-2012 8:33 PMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Why?
04-09-2012 8:55 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Explosions, dumb one liners, shitty forgotten villains...

It tries to be Bond and fails really badly

04-09-2012 8:58 PMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I never got much of a Bond vibe off of it. It's more like, "cop has a bad day that keeps getting progressively worse and has to do all sorts of crazy shit to deal with the increasingly more trying circumstances."

And explosions.
04-09-2012 9:17 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Yeah, well regardless it just bores me. I can see why people like it though, mindless explosions.

04-10-2012 1:45 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

That and the villain of the first movie was pretty good.
04-10-2012 11:24 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Die Hard 2 is..if you saw 1 you saw the sequel

Quote:
That and the villain of the first movie was pretty good.

That was the best one. 2 was pretty forgettable. 3 was...jeremy irons sort of just being a ripoff of the villain in die hard 1. 4 sucked (just overall), even though the actor who was playing the villain was good in deadwood and is on justified (but again the entire thing sucked so bad it counteracted that)

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Alizarin:

09-12-2013 3:20 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Some notes.

- Jackson got the first nose job from an accident, yes. But the subsequent ones were from relentless mockery from his family, and his eventual want of looking like Peter Pan. His father (of course) once remarked "Your nose is so damned wide, you surely didn't get it from me!" He was also mocked for his acne, something that he suffered from throughout his life, which also caused him to get more surgeries to alter his skin.

- Jackson had vitiligo. This is somewhat like albinism, except it only affects patches of skin. This is why he started wearing the sequined glove, the vitiligo manifested itself on his hand first. He did get his skin bleached, but only because the vitiligo had started spreading to his face. Besides, him and Janet both were bleaching their skin starting in the 70s with a product that was heavily advertised to african-americans. The vitiligo was still present on other parts of his body--he didn't get his whole body bleached. This is why he was always fully clothed (long sleeved shirts, long pants, shoes) after a certain point.

- Johnnie Cochran told Jackson to "pay off" the Chandlers, which was probably the biggest mistake Jackson could have made.

- After Jackson was burned severely in the Pepsi commercial taping, he started his road to prescription drug addiction, which lasted the rest of his life. He was on OxyContin, Propofol, and numerous others. He had a few collapsed veins from so many doses of propofol (it's an anesthetic that is for people that don't get much sleep, yet want to feel "awake"--mostly prescribed to narcoleptics)

- His family were terrible, money-grubbing, sickos. His father and brother Jermaine were the worst offenders, but his mother was no saint. They would use his mother to bleed money from Jackson, because Jackson loved his mother deeply and would do anything for her, but spent majority of his life avoiding and running from the rest of his family.

- Sadly, Jackson seemed to plan his death, to a point. His family attempted an intervention at his 30th anniversary party, to which he said "Why bother, I'll be dead soon anyway." He claimed to fear old age, because he saw his friend Fred Astaire get debilitating pain in his later years. He said "I want to go out like Elvis, not Brando." He did.

- Jackson had whatever disorder it is when you spend more money than you have--I forget the name of it. He was constantly, and I mean constantly, buying antiques, Disney stuff, paintings, whatever.

09-12-2013 3:34 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Brony Hitler:
- Jackson had whatever disorder it is when you spend more money than you have--I forget the name of it. He was constantly, and I mean constantly, buying antiques, Disney stuff, paintings, whatever.

Joseph Merrick's skeleton?

Quote:
He said "I want to go out like Elvis, not Brando." He did.

Well he was thinner than both.

Quote:
- Johnnie Cochran told Jackson to "pay off" the Chandlers, which was probably the biggest mistake Jackson could have made.

He could have said that if the sequined glove doesn't fit, they must acquit.

Quote by Alizarin:

09-12-2013 3:36 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

That was just a rumor, he never actually bought it

09-12-2013 3:38 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Yeah my understanding was he was looking into it or something. I was under the impression there was no full skeleton and the body had been sort of dismembered post-mortem for research (I have no source for this and cannot remember where I got that idea)

Quote by Alizarin:

09-12-2013 3:46 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
He claimed to fear old age, because he saw his friend Fred Astaire get debilitating pain in his later years.

I went and checked because I was like "By fred astaire...wait, fred astaire-fred astaire or a different one?" and I guess fred astaire died in '87 or so, so I suppose it's plausible they would have been acquaintances maybe.

Also I'm not surprised fred astaire ended up with medical problems considering some of what he did. Not, like, drugs or anything (maybe he did, I dunno that much about fred astaire, I've seen singing in the rain I think) but just some of the routines or whatever.

Quote by Alizarin:

09-12-2013 4:03 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

No, it was just a joke his publicists/agents made up to get more attention.

The skeleton has always been at the Royal London Hospital, and Jackson never made any actual plans to buy it.

09-12-2013 4:04 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Sharp:
Quote:
He claimed to fear old age, because he saw his friend Fred Astaire get debilitating pain in his later years.

I went and checked because I was like "By fred astaire...wait, fred astaire-fred astaire or a different one?" and I guess fred astaire died in '87 or so, so I suppose it's plausible they would have been acquaintances maybe.

Yeah, they hung out at Astaire's house. Jackson learned a lot of his dancing moves from him.

09-12-2013 4:25 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Brony Hitler:
Quote by Sharp:
Quote:

Yeah, they hung out at Astaire's house. Jackson learned a lot of his dancing moves from him.

....Yeah I can see that then. Particularly the second part, I mean if not personally then probably he would have been watching the old movies growing up and sort of internalizing stuff.

Or considering how much of a crazy martinette his dad was with the jackson 5 he probably was sort of drilled into memorizing similar steps because the dad had seen those movies.

Quote by Alizarin:

09-12-2013 4:53 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Actually Joe Jackson would go to other concerts and write down moves/lyrics/and mannerisms to steal.

Seriousky, he did this

09-12-2013 5:01 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Yeah that's what I figured

Quote by Alizarin:

09-12-2013 7:18 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Go out like Elvis...

Fat, and on the toilet?
Pages (4): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 next » « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Maestro - Music  » Michael Jackson