What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Maestro - Music  » Good Covers» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Good Covers
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
07-19-2009 10:15 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Inspired by the mention of Limp Bizkits awful cover of Behind Blue Eyes

first

Marilyn Manson - Sweet Dreams

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:
Necro: Pfft. You're a useless waste of oxygen.

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
Political Correctness Needs to Stop
08/27/2015

07-19-2009 10:27 PMD is offline Send an Email to D Search for Posts by D Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Gary Jules' Mad World I would say is subjectively better than the original Tears for Fears version, but the songs are pretty different so ehh.

Also Jonathan Coulton's version of Famous Blue Raincoat.

07-19-2009 10:28 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by D:
Gary Jules' Mad World I would say is subjectively better than the original Tears for Fears version, but the songs are pretty different so ehh.

Somebody once took the gears of war commercial and swapped out the cover version for the original

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

07-19-2009 10:32 PMD is offline Send an Email to D Search for Posts by D Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Sharpshooter005:
Quote by D:

Somebody once took the gears of war commercial and swapped out the cover version for the original

How'd that pan out.

07-19-2009 10:53 PMDiglett is offline Send an Email to Diglett Search for Posts by Diglett Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Both Gears Commercials had music that did not fit at all with the idea they were giving.

But what the hey, retrospective war music.
07-20-2009 12:01 AMNine XXVI is offline Send an Email to Nine XXVI Search for Posts by Nine XXVI Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here
Peace.

07-20-2009 1:09 AMMav is offline Send an Email to Mav Homepage of Mav Search for Posts by Mav Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Eläkeläiset's awesome cover of The Final Countdown

Dammit Mav, you're Gay

Quote by Alizarin:
<Alizarin>: mav mav he's mabulous la la la

Quote by Daveh:
I thought of you and my cock got as hard as a diamond, the rope stood no chance D:

07-20-2009 11:17 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Chris Cornell - Billie Jean

Quote by Nine Blanchett:
Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here
Peace.

Eyebrow

that is their song..

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

07-20-2009 11:18 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Yeah I was gonna ask if I missed something there

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Alizarin:

07-20-2009 11:20 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

unless he meant the cover image of the man on fire shaking hands with anotehr man Laughing Out Loud

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

07-20-2009 11:25 PMNine XXVI is offline Send an Email to Nine XXVI Search for Posts by Nine XXVI Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Twiggy:
unless he meant the cover image of the man on fire shaking hands with anotehr man Laughing Out Loud

Yeah, this. Although there is a track that has the same name of the album as well.
Peace.

07-20-2009 11:52 PMMav is offline Send an Email to Mav Homepage of Mav Search for Posts by Mav Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Twiggy:

that is one of my favorite album covers ever

Dammit Mav, you're Gay

Quote by Alizarin:
<Alizarin>: mav mav he's mabulous la la la

Quote by Daveh:
I thought of you and my cock got as hard as a diamond, the rope stood no chance D:

07-21-2009 12:03 AMNine XXVI is offline Send an Email to Nine XXVI Search for Posts by Nine XXVI Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Mav:
Quote by Twiggy:

that is one of my favorite album covers ever

I knew I loved you for a reason. Luv
Peace.

07-25-2009 1:19 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan/whatever - Landslide

Larry David: I've led this empty life for over forty years and now I can pass that heritage on and ensure that the misery will continue for at least one more generation.

07-25-2009 1:21 AMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

The Beatles - Twist N' Shout

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

07-26-2009 11:35 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Twiggy:
The Beatles - Twist N' Shout

This seems a good a place to mention this as any. I was having a conversation with someone a couple of days ago and the general consensus among the assembled was that the stones were more influenced by the blues and the beatles more influenced by jazz

If this makes no sense, keep in mind not only did I not originate this theory but I think the person who did was somewhat drunk

Quote by Alizarin:

07-28-2009 11:33 PMNine XXVI is offline Send an Email to Nine XXVI Search for Posts by Nine XXVI Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Sharpshooter005:
the general consensus among the assembled was that the stones were more influenced by the blues and the beatles more influenced by jazz

I heard that the Rolling Stones got their name from a Muddy Waters song, so maybe?
Peace.

07-28-2009 11:40 PMD is offline Send an Email to D Search for Posts by D Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I thought it was the dylan song.

07-31-2009 1:53 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

"Rollin' Stone" = Muddy Waters

"Like a rolling stone" = Bob Dylan, influenced by the aforementioned.

Apparently

Quote by Alizarin:

09-09-2012 4:24 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I actually like Maynard's version of Imagine better than John Lennon's.

Larry David: I've led this empty life for over forty years and now I can pass that heritage on and ensure that the misery will continue for at least one more generation.

Pages (2): [1] 2 next » « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Maestro - Music  » Good Covers