What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » The Jerkstore  » First and First - The Nexus of the Universe  » A Brief Tag Guide» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page A Brief Tag Guide
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
07-20-2009 12:57 AMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

There are, like, so many post code tags that this board is capable of, and I--and probably many of the rest of you--keep forgetting about them. So I'm going to make a little guide to showcase some of the more obscure tags that you can use on TDotOL.

Spoiler

You probably know about the spoiler tag already, but did you know that you can add descriptive text to the spoiler, before it's clicked on?

Click here, dude.

SpText

This is like the spoiler tag, except it lets you insert spoilers into sentences themselves, like so, instead of having them set aside in separate boxes below the posts.

Blink

Lets your text blink, DUH.

FullImg

Like a regular image tag, but it forces full size, instead of automatically shrinking it down.

That's how we can have lovely, full-sized, 640x480 images of Doom 3 on TDotOL, like this one. Isn't that lovely? ...Turn up the brightness on your monitor. It's lovely.

Font

Lets you select the font for your text, so you can, like, write in Courier or something if it tickles you.

List

Lets you create a nice, professional-looking bullet list.

• You can make lists of stuff you love.
  • Or lists of stuff you hate.
  • Or lists of your favorite alcoholic beverages.
  • Whatever you want.

Glow

Lets you make your text glow wild and crazy colors. There's two numbers after the color tag. The first one defines the "distance" of the glow (from close to spread out. 4 is the max), while the second number defines the intensity (from weak to STRONG. 9 is the max).

code:
1:
[glow=HEXTAG,DISTANCE,INTENSITY]Text that glows wild and crazy colors.[/glow]

Code

Lets you put your text in a little window, inside your post, with a line count, and even its own scrollbar if you enter enough lines. Obviously supposed to be used to showcase computer code, but could potentially have other applications:

code:
1:
2:
Isn't that just fine?
I think it's neat.

MsgBox

Lets you create your own custom message box. For example:

Item Collected
Obtained the Spear of Destiny.

Random

Allows you to enter several phrases and stuff that will be posted randomly each time the page loads.

This is the first random thing I entered.

code:
1:
2:
3:
4:
5:
[random1]
[item1]This is the first random thing I entered.[/item1]
[item1]This is the second random thing I entered.[/item1]
[item1]This is the third random thing I entered.[/item1]
[item1]This is the fourth random thing I entered.[/item1][/random1]

Image Links

The image tags are easy enough to figure out, but did you know that you can use them as clickable links, too? <-- Click the Berserk Pack to go to my Doom 3 LP. (It was sort of funny. Go read it again.)

I'll add more if I discover any others. Also, naturally, if you need to figure out how to do any of these, just click the Quote button on this post.
07-20-2009 3:19 AMNine XXVI is offline Send an Email to Nine XXVI Search for Posts by Nine XXVI Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

This is actually helpful, Mooseh. Thanks!
Peace.

07-20-2009 7:35 PMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Sure thing. It's as much a reference for myself as it is for everybody else on the board.
07-20-2009 7:44 PMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Its great how we add these

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

07-20-2009 7:46 PMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

That's what the guide is all about.
07-20-2009 8:39 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

You can use apostrophes in the spoiler desc, provided that you surround the text with double quotes.

EDIT: Or not. What the... that shouldn't happen.
07-20-2009 8:42 PMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Despite him explicitly stating "do not do this" I still wound up doing it Laughing Out Loud

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

07-20-2009 8:43 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

There, I fixed it. Apostrophes are usable in spoiler now.
07-20-2009 8:50 PMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

That's cool.
07-20-2009 9:20 PMOld Gabén is offline Send an Email to Old Gabén Search for Posts by Old Gabén Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

TELEVISED MOTORSPORTS

12-08-2009 8:37 PMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Added the Font tag. Yet another marvelous feature of the board that I HAD NO IDEA IT EXISTED.
12-08-2009 8:53 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

...It's in the FAQ. <.<
12-08-2009 10:07 PMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Well, regardless, now I definitely know where to find it.
02-19-2010 4:53 PMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Added the Glow tag. [glow=orange,0.5em]YEAH BOYEE.[/glow]

EDIT: Also DblGlow tag.
02-19-2010 4:58 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

BLING TEXT.
02-28-2010 11:22 PMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

code:
1:
2:
Added the code tag.
I always wanted text with its own, special box! :awesome:
06-04-2010 3:36 PMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Added msgbox tag.

This is a box.
It contains a message.

Edit: Also random tag.
06-04-2010 3:51 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

There's an [email] tag, but I should probably nuke it since it sucks.
06-04-2010 3:58 PMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Hey, what's the criteria for making the random tag work again? Every time I've checked this page, "This is the first random thing I entered" shows up under the Random section in the first post. There's also a second, third, and fourth random thing. What would make it cycle to one of them?
06-04-2010 4:03 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Do you have the post cache on?

Until the board decides to stop caching the post, only the first thing it decides on will show up.

Frankly, I'm unsure about the utility of the post cache... but what do I know?
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » The Jerkstore  » First and First - The Nexus of the Universe  » A Brief Tag Guide