What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » The Jerkstore  » First and First - The Nexus of the Universe  » I'll rebuild the search index in a couple hours.» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page I'll rebuild the search index in a couple hours.
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
07-29-2009 6:22 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

The board will be down for... I'd say 20 minutes while this occurs. I'll do it like at 1, 2 AM.

Just so you all know.
07-30-2009 7:02 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

...I forgot to do it. Doy.
07-30-2009 2:34 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I'll dood it later <.<
07-30-2009 6:29 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I didn't expect it to take so long?
07-30-2009 6:37 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I just updated search.

Sorry about that bit at the end, forgot to drop an index. CARRY ON.
07-30-2009 6:51 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I also dropped login encryption because it sometimes goes insane! Woooo!
07-30-2009 8:45 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Well, it's more like hashing...

Turns out it flips its lid if you get it wrong once, it won't let you in unless you reload.

Frankly, it's much less hassle without it. Faster too, yeesh.
07-31-2009 1:51 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

The login.

Imagine for a moment that you typo your password. The system then goes "What? Hell no, screw you!" and won't let you login at all. FUN AIN'T IT!?
07-31-2009 3:37 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Your theory is incorrect, I was sending debug code. <.<
07-31-2009 4:26 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

What, is something choking?
07-31-2009 9:42 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Yeah it's all good now <.<
08-01-2009 2:54 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Tricatops vs. unicorn horn
03-30-2011 6:16 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I need to do this again.
04-01-2011 12:43 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Especially since I exempted some stuff from it.
07-17-2016 1:13 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

So I did this again. It can be run while the board is up, but you'll occasionally get an error while posting since you'll sometimes run into the table lock as the search is updating. Just hit back and repost.
07-17-2016 1:21 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Yup. You're running into the tablewide lock.

I... don't THINK I need to actually do that anymore since I switched table types to InnoDB, but I'll fix it regardless.
07-28-2016 5:31 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

If this is working correctly, this attachment is hidden.
07-28-2016 6:38 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Was testing toggle.
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » The Jerkstore  » First and First - The Nexus of the Universe  » I'll rebuild the search index in a couple hours.