What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Maestro - Music  » Marilyn Manson - The High End of Low» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (10): « first ... « previous 8 9 [10] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Marilyn Manson - The High End of Low
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
05-11-2012 4:12 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Even Flowers of Evil, a song that seems to go nowhere, eventually breaks into a pretty catchy chorus

brb buying this album

Necro: if you don't think roy batty was badass you're a Faggot and need to drink turpentine until you die of poisoning

05-30-2014 12:16 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
The announcement comes about two weeks after Manson's mother, Barbara, passed away at age 68 following a lengthy battle with dementia. "I hope I see you again someday," the Ohio native wrote on Book of Faces. "But not now, because I have more things I promised I would do. I'll make you proud and satisfied that you know you made the son you wanted."

Oh wow...that sucks for Manson. (He is gonna be on the final season of Sons of Anarchy)

Necro: if you don't think roy batty was badass you're a Faggot and need to drink turpentine until you die of poisoning

05-30-2014 5:22 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

He made a nice post though.
05-30-2014 7:35 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Miles Edgeworth:
He made a nice post though.

Yeah that was touching.

He's really a quite intelligent guy from everything I've seen. He was probably the most refreshingly articulate part of "bowling for columbine" I remember from when my english class watched it (just youtube his part, overall it's kind of a meandering and sort of pointless documentary with really shifty, ethically questionable edits...Also I don't think they gutted up and misinterpreted his points.)

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

07-25-2015 7:16 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Holy shit Manson and Corgan performed one after the other my 90s self woulda been floored

07-25-2015 7:19 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Isn't Billy Corgan apparently sorta a weird dude.

And not in the good way.

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Alizarin:

07-25-2015 7:53 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Yes. He's sorta a weird dude in a not good way.

09-30-2015 10:32 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Manson is pretty cool. All these years dressing up as different things and not making a huge stink about it

I'm in a black dress

I'm wearing unicorn titty armor

I'm an alien with no genitals but with a pair of breasts

I'm fucking fabulous in my sequins

I'm JFK

I'm Scarface or some shit

I got Billy Corgan to dress up as a nun

Why yes Trent I will be the prostitute in your video

I'm Mickey Mouse

I'm a god damned leather pirate

I mean jesus christ how does he come up with this shit

01-08-2016 10:49 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
"My point on Earth is chaos. I'm the third act of every movie you've ever seen. I'm the part where it rains and the part where the person you don't want to die dies."

Quote:
"I have officially been diagnosed, by a real doctor, with the swine flu," Manson claimed in a statement in 2009, during peak swine-flu hysteria. "The doctor said my past choices in women have in no way contributed to me acquiring this mysterious sickness. Unfortunately, I am going to survive."

01-11-2016 4:44 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
My first introduction to David Bowie, was watching "Ashes to Ashes" on MTV. I was confused and captivated.

But it wasn't until my first real stay in Los Angeles, around 1997, that someone told me to take a moment to listen to something other than Ziggy Stardust, Aladdin Sane and Hunky Dory. So I went for a dizzying car ride through the Hollywood Hills and listened to "Diamond Dogs."

All of my nostalgia, instantly turned to awe. I was hearing him sing about fiction as a mask to show his naked soul. This changed my life forever.

Every song of his was a way for me to communicate to others. It was a sedative. An arousal. A love letter I could never have written.

It has become and remains a soundtrack to a movie he painted with his voice and guitar.

He sang, "Hope, it's a cheap thing."

I don't need hope to know that he has found his way to the place that equals his untouchable, chameleon-genius beauty. The black star in space, that only HE belongs.

This crushing moment of fear and loss can only be treated the way his music has affected everyone who was fortunate enough to hear and love it.

Let's NEVER let go of what he gave us.

Marilyn Manson

10-15-2016 12:06 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

GOD DAMN ANTICHRIST IS TWENTY

TWENTY

YEARS OLD

o____o

I'm so glad Manson is still alive.

10-15-2016 3:31 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I hear he's actually now on or was on that show "salem" in addition to doing the opening credits to it.

I haven't watched it so I dunno. But yeah the dude's still doin' his thing. Very much alive.

Quote by Alizarin:

11-05-2016 3:29 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Manson on Salem

Quote:
How do you pick the roles you play as an actor?
I don't. I snuck my way onto Sons of Anarchy. I wanted that one really bad. This one just seemed perfect and appealing. There's a couple of things in the future I want to do. I watch episodic shows like Hannibal, and there's something in the future of that story line – what comes after Hannibal, Silence of the Lambs – that I'm hoping is going to happen but I won't talk about that yet. What happens when I take roles is I end up fucking myself over because I try to get on shows I like, and then it's a spoiler alert for me because I know what happens on the show if I'm on it. That's the one flaw in my plan [laughs].

11-05-2016 3:30 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I fucking love him. He's so weird. He would be a great friend.

11-05-2016 3:46 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I've seen a couple of episodes of Salem I guess and.....yeah it's a little hard to watch something ostensibly about how Betty Parris and Abigail Williams' lies resulted in the deaths of 20 people one of whom was tortured to death and have it depicted as "witches were real, and the lead one was a feminist". I'm pretty sure Bridget Bishop would dispute that notion because her execution was predicated largely on men lying about her.

Seems like a fine show as long as you can mentally separate the whole 20 people were murdered deal.

....ANYWHO. History nerd mode shitting off. So what was he implying about Hannibal? Does Bryan Fuller have some plan to somehow bring it back?

Sons of Anarchy I never watched, I know a couple of people who did. Fuck motorcycles was maybe my attitude.

Quote by Alizarin:

11-05-2016 4:00 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Seems like something is in the works for the Hannibal series yes. Not sure of any details whatsoever but Manson must know something we don't.

11-05-2016 4:20 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I remember hearing there were talks with netflix at one point but nothing happened.

But yeah if Manson has heard something. He seems like he runs in the circles that would know.

Quote by Alizarin:

Pages (10): « first ... « previous 8 9 [10] « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Maestro - Music  » Marilyn Manson - The High End of Low