What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Maestro - Music  » Marilyn Manson - The High End of Low» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (10): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 next » ... last »Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Marilyn Manson - The High End of Low
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
10-19-2009 12:19 AMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

i like mechanical animals and holywood the best probably, i know you don't like holywood as much, and i think the album has too many songs and the fat should have been cut off

but the songs i like off it i like more than the other albums on average with the exception of mechanical

but i like all his albums, PoaAF isnt so good and anti..anti is amusing and some alright songs but EM, DM, HEoL and GAoG are all good too

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:
Necro: Pfft. You're a useless waste of oxygen.

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
Political Correctness Needs to Stop
08/27/2015

10-19-2009 12:23 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I also like all his albums, even POAFF has some..really strange but listenable songs

Just listenable though Laughing Out Loud

Teddy Roosevelt: To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, right or wrong - is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.

10-19-2009 12:24 AMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

PoaAF has the most interesting rhythms in any marilyn manson album, like organ grinder, dunno if its really a good song, no

but i think the rhythm kicks ass

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

10-19-2009 12:26 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Alot of Mansons songs are like that

"the tune is awesome just Manson's random screaming ehhhhhh"

Teddy Roosevelt: To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, right or wrong - is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.

10-19-2009 12:28 AMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

his screaming was fine post anitchrist superstar

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

10-19-2009 12:31 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Oh definitely

I sped up some of his songs in Goldwave a few days ago and one of them sounded chinese -- I shit you not

I mean the tune itself, not Manson's singing. Sounded like that stereotypical chinese music

10-19-2009 12:33 AMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

what songs

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

10-19-2009 12:40 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

The Fight song

Doll Dagga Buzz Buzz

The Fall of Adam

Tourni

..Fight Song is the chinesey one, it's hilarious

04-03-2010 3:07 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

1. Devour
Kinda shitty, I dunno. Takes forever to start and it's so...quiet. Just not what I'm used to from him

2. Pretty as a Swastika
I like it, but the entire "when you're in the sun you're as pretty as a swastika" line is duuuuuuuuummmbbbb

3. Leave a Scar
Omg I love this song~~~~~

4. Four Rusted Horses
This is still my favorite, it's so...I dunno, it's mellow but not boring. And I love the simple guitar

5. Arma-goddamn-motherfuckin-geddon
I always get to dancin' with this one. I admittedly like the remixed one better though, just more peppy. I want my lawyer..got a situation!

6. Blank and White
Sounds like really old Manson. It's kinda bleh. Love the instrumentals at some points though

7. Running to the Edge of the World
It's a nice song. The vid's kinda scary/hot depending on how you look at it.

8. I Want to Kill You Like They Do in the Movies
Oh no......can I please skip this fucking song Frown I'll listen to it later

9. WOW
Awwwwww is Manson trying to rap? :3 It's cute, lololol

10. Wight Spider
I recall Necro hating this song. Laughing Out Loud WHAT IS THAT ANNOYING AS FUCK NOISE, IS THAT THE FUCKING DRUMS? THE "TAP-TAP-TAP-TAP" it's so out of place, what the fuck I hate it >(

11. Unkillible Monster
I don't....it's not horrible enough to skip but I don't like it either

12. We're from America
IT'S WHERE JESUS WAS BORN! Luv

13. I Have to Look Up Just to See Hell
Wow, this is different from Manson...a good different.

14. Into the Fire
I dunno, it's like this song ended before it was supposed to? As it went to the "into the fire" part too soon?

15. 15
..what the fuck. Zzzzzzzzzzzz

04-03-2010 9:20 PMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Tenma:
15. 15
..what the fuck. Zzzzzzzzzzzz

With a creative title like that, you knew it had to be a winner.
04-03-2010 10:06 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

It's his number and all, but the song is just... It goes nowhere, I dunno

Couple songs on this album go nowhere

04-03-2010 11:58 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Wait, "his number"? Like in the prisoner?

Does this album involve like...a giant balloon thing that chases people.

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

04-04-2010 12:01 AMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I forgot to watch that new Prisoner series.

Oh well. It probably sucked.
04-04-2010 12:02 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I saw, like, one episode

But yeah the general consensus was it wasn't terribly great.

I think AMC has the entirety of the original series still on their website, I keep meaning to go finally check that out sometime

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Alizarin:

04-04-2010 12:08 AMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I never watched the original series, so I don't know what it's about. I just think the big bubble thing is awesome.
04-04-2010 12:15 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Some dude who was a spy gets knocked out and wakes up in a bizarre seaside resort type town where they stick people who are security risks, and everybody is referred to by number. The baloon chases down escapees.

Thats pretty much the plot from my understanding

Quote by Alizarin:

04-04-2010 12:16 AMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

So it's, like, a futuristic Mexican border town or something?
04-04-2010 12:21 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

The one armed mannnnnnnnn

04-04-2010 12:32 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Fugitive, different thing

Quote by Alizarin:

04-04-2010 1:59 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Fuck

Pages (10): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 next » ... last »« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Maestro - Music  » Marilyn Manson - The High End of Low