What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Maestro - Music  » Marilyn Manson - The High End of Low» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (10): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] 5 6 next » ... last »Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Marilyn Manson - The High End of Low
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
04-07-2010 2:12 AMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I don't really listen to this album anymore. Actually I havent really listened to any Manson in quite some time to be honest.

It was ok, some good stuff there but overall really inconsistent

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:
Necro: Pfft. You're a useless waste of oxygen.

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
Political Correctness Needs to Stop
08/27/2015

04-07-2010 2:19 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I mansoned myself out about a month ago

I still haven't listened to this album in its entirety Laughing Out Loud But I just can't make it through the 9 minute one

I HAVE THE FURY OF MY OWN MOMENTUM.

04-07-2010 2:21 AMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I actually like that song. Well. Not because it sounds good, but it's pretty fucking heavy. With the right headphones it feels pretty good.. awww yeah Joy

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

04-07-2010 2:29 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I just avoid it because it's 9 minutes long I admit

I'll listen sometime

04-07-2010 2:32 AMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

It's only really worth it if you have a pair of headphones with good bass. The song really goes nowhere.

Mechanical Animals, imo, is still his best. Smile

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

04-07-2010 2:43 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Yeah, I like Eat Me Drink Me better than this one, in general anyway

04-07-2010 2:46 AMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Twiggy really shouldn't be playing guitar. He has better tone than Skold did (not John 5 though), but he's really better as just a bassist.

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

04-07-2010 2:48 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Yeah I don't...know why the hell he was playing guitar anyway

04-07-2010 2:49 AMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Because Manson doesnt have a real band anymore?

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

04-07-2010 2:50 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

But he could have just got some other dude to do guitar while Twiggy did bass

I mean that's what he usually does every album

04-07-2010 2:54 AMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Probably cheaper to just have Twiggy do both instead of hiring someone else.

Skold got kicked out because he felt him and Twiggy couldnt coexist in his band. Dunno who else he would to get to play guitar. Maybe some unknown, I mean, theoretically Manson should be easy to play for. (I bet I could play for Manson Laughing Out Loud )

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

04-07-2010 3:03 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Exactly, Manson doesn't need an awesome guitarist but yeah, I guess he didn't want to piss Twiggy off since he just got him back?

05-11-2010 5:46 AMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

according to wikipedia, though i cannot find the source, manson has stated the next record will come out sooner than expected and that it is at this point sounding very death metal

if this isn't bullshit, i dunno what to say. is he just saying this to get attention, like when he said the high end of low would be like antichrist superstar, or is he serious?

twiggy sucks at heavy songs (hello wight spider, hello pretty as a swastika) get a new band/guitarist or just

no just get a new guitarist

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

05-11-2010 11:49 AMKrash is offline Send an Email to Krash Search for Posts by Krash Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Lololololol death metal Manson

Maybe it'll be good, unlike 99% of the current death meal scene sadly including failed comebacks and a washed up supergroup/tribute act. Shit, as long as there's no widdlywiddlywonkatonkatruck guitar work and songs that actually go somewhere, it's already a good album.

...I want new Gorguts.

10-22-2010 3:05 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Dr Tenma:
Exactly, Manson doesn't need an awesome guitarist but yeah, I guess he didn't want to piss Twiggy off since he just got him back?

his music would be better if he had a better guitarist and let other people shine sometimes..

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

11-18-2010 8:57 AMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

"On November 8, Marilyn Manson announced they had signed with Cooking Vinyl Records to release his eighth studio album. The album will be issued via Manson's own label, Hell, etc. Manson had this to say: "We will always be our worst audience, until we stop being an audience and start being an artist. Any art is flesh and blood, no matter how you perform, decorate or display it. But we all want the passionate horror of that blood. And blood is what I am here to bring. Ramirez has previously noted that the new album will feature a more punk rock sound. Manson will release his new album in the fall of 2011."

if we're to trust wikipedia this sounds bad

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

11-18-2010 1:36 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

..punk rock?

Please no Frown

11-18-2010 5:03 PMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Dave:
Manson had this to say: "We will always be our worst audience, until we stop being an audience and start being an artist. Any art is flesh and blood, no matter how you perform, decorate or display it. But we all want the passionate horror of that blood. And blood is what I am here to bring. Ramirez has previously noted that the new album will feature a more punk rock sound. Manson will release his new album in the fall of 2011."

He started referring to himself in the third person at the end there.
11-18-2010 5:13 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Lol bad formatting in the Wiki

11-18-2010 11:40 PMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by The Mail Nurse:
Quote by Dave:
Manson had this to say: "We will always be our worst audience, until we stop being an audience and start being an artist. Any art is flesh and blood, no matter how you perform, decorate or display it. But we all want the passionate horror of that blood. And blood is what I am here to bring. Ramirez has previously noted that the new album will feature a more punk rock sound. Manson will release his new album in the fall of 2011."

He started referring to himself in the third person at the end there.

GEORGE IS GETTIN' UPSET! GEORGE IS GONNA AIM FOR A PUNK SOUND WITH HIS NEW PROJECT!

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

Pages (10): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] 5 6 next » ... last »« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Maestro - Music  » Marilyn Manson - The High End of Low