What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Triangle Guy - Art  » guys i think that moeblob just kawaii'd at me: the anime/manga thread: the reckoning» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (30): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » ... last »Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page guys i think that moeblob just kawaii'd at me: the anime/manga thread: the reckoning
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
04-02-2010 12:44 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

The best part is Abalonius, the Cheese Angel.
04-02-2010 12:50 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Made entirely from dairy products

Harry S Truman: Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in fear.

04-02-2010 9:03 PMBonesy is offline Send an Email to Bonesy Homepage of Bonesy Search for Posts by Bonesy Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

darker than black has a pretty interesting special power concept

people called contractors get special powers and are linked to fake stars (and are identified by their star's catalogue number).

they can use these powers, but every time they do, they have to pay a price, known generally as renumeration. it's like an extreme version of a tic, they HAVE to do it. it ranges from smoking, to having to break your own fingers, to the inability to lie.

on a side-note, contractors are considered to be totally rational and totally amoral, they only care about their well-being and more emotional trains of thought do not factor into their decisions at all

This post has been edited; it was last edited by Bonesy: 04-02-2010 9:08 PM.

04-02-2010 10:34 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

what

Harry S Truman: Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in fear.

04-03-2010 4:25 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Robert Weizer:
darker than black has a pretty interesting special power concept

people called contractors get special powers and are linked to fake stars (and are identified by their star's catalogue number).

they can use these powers, but every time they do, they have to pay a price, known generally as renumeration. it's like an extreme version of a tic, they HAVE to do it. it ranges from smoking, to having to break your own fingers, to the inability to lie.

on a side-note, contractors are considered to be totally rational and totally amoral, they only care about their well-being and more emotional trains of thought do not factor into their decisions at all

ITT Blackwater merges with NASA and they have obsessive compulsive disorder as a superpower

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

04-03-2010 7:44 AMBonesy is offline Send an Email to Bonesy Homepage of Bonesy Search for Posts by Bonesy Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

so I'm trying to figure out what manga to read so I don't have to read JJBA again for a bit. i want to read it again, but I fucking dread part 3. it's sandwiched between 2 and 4 which are two of my favorites, but I really dislike part 3

for me it goes 5>7=4=2>6>1>3
04-03-2010 1:09 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

You should read the comic where the big robot from big o wants all the other big robots to register with the government but then the big robot from gundam seed is all "No I'm not registering" and the big robots fight.

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Alizarin:

04-03-2010 1:15 PMBonesy is offline Send an Email to Bonesy Homepage of Bonesy Search for Posts by Bonesy Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Senor Chang:
You should read the comic where the big robot from big o wants all the other big robots to register with the government but then the big robot from gundam seed is all "No I'm not registering" and the big robots fight.

I'm with Mazinger Z/I'm With Wing Gundam Zero?
04-04-2010 3:28 AMOld Gabén is offline Send an Email to Old Gabén Search for Posts by Old Gabén Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Robert Weizer:
so I'm trying to figure out what manga to read so I don't have to read JJBA again for a bit. i want to read it again, but I fucking dread part 3. it's sandwiched between 2 and 4 which are two of my favorites, but I really dislike part 3

read blame

04-04-2010 3:58 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Monster dammit, Hol made a great thread.
04-04-2010 5:08 AMBonesy is offline Send an Email to Bonesy Homepage of Bonesy Search for Posts by Bonesy Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

X i binged on Urasawa right after I finished reading 20th Century Boys. i read monster then pluto

on a side-note, billy bat is really interesting right now, lee harvey oswald just got fired from working as a guy in a suit at a major amusement park
04-04-2010 4:09 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by James Cameron's White Guilt:
Quote by Robert Weizer:

read blame

Is that anything like the aminu was, ie: it makes pretty much zero sense and has no exposition as to what the hells going on

Quote by Alizarin:

04-04-2010 6:27 PMOld Gabén is offline Send an Email to Old Gabén Search for Posts by Old Gabén Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I never saw the animu

but yeah

I mean it makes sense, but the plot is really secondary. Or tertiary. And at some point is sort of drifts off into madness, and ends when Killy gets the human kid and reaches the edge of the superstructure

I'd love to see a movie adaptation.

04-04-2010 8:59 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

"The plot in this is barely a factor. THEY SHOULD MAKE A MOVIE ABOUT IT!"

Quote by Alizarin:

04-04-2010 9:01 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Laughing Out Loud

04-04-2010 9:03 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Wheres nine when you need him to break some kneecaps with a tire iron

Quote by Alizarin:

04-30-2010 8:09 AMBonesy is offline Send an Email to Bonesy Homepage of Bonesy Search for Posts by Bonesy Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

did I ever mention I like how the haruhi anime handles time travel (i watch it for the sci-fi shit, not the OOGOO and the SUUGOII)

organized organization controls it in ZA FUTURE, and the time traveler in the main plot constantly answers a good degree of the main character's questions about all the freaky time shit with the simple answer of "classified information"
04-30-2010 8:37 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Isn't haruhi yet another "every character is in junior high" cartoon

Wow, that is..the most boring time-travel plot I think in the history of time-travel plots

Quote by Alizarin:

04-30-2010 8:51 AMBonesy is offline Send an Email to Bonesy Homepage of Bonesy Search for Posts by Bonesy Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

well the "special" thing is that it's basically time travel, aliens, and espers ALL AT ONCE and Haruhi apparently has GOD POWERS

i just like that instead of trying to explain all the time travel bullshit the show just hides under the "classified information" angle
04-30-2010 10:21 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Does Japan not get that people under 20 are grating and who would want to watch a show about them

Quote by Alizarin:

Pages (30): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » ... last »« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Triangle Guy - Art  » guys i think that moeblob just kawaii'd at me: the anime/manga thread: the reckoning