What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Maestro - Music  » 1001» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page 1001
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
12-21-2009 5:12 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Rocklist.net...Steve Parker...1001 Albums..

The reason I link this is because, in a revised edition they took out White Stripes' Get Behind Me Satan and put in Amy Winehouse.

What the FUCK.

Mel Brooks: Everything we do in life is based on fear, especially love.

12-21-2009 5:14 PMMav is offline Send an Email to Mav Homepage of Mav Search for Posts by Mav Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

did they already have another white stripes album in there? if so then it kinda makes sense... taking out that album i mean, not putting in winehouse specifically.

honestly i like amy winehouse, she can sing (when she's not drugged up like a crack whore), but... something you need to listen to before you die? o_O

EDIT: okay this list can fuck off and die, limp bizkit, really? really?

Dammit Mav, you're Gay

Quote by Alizarin:
<Alizarin>: mav mav he's mabulous la la la

Quote by Daveh:
I thought of you and my cock got as hard as a diamond, the rope stood no chance D:

12-21-2009 5:25 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Mav:

My same reaction when I saw that

12-22-2009 11:48 AMLovelyRays is offline Search for Posts by LovelyRays Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Bjork is on this list 4 times, and am apparently probably the only person ok with this.

And I'm ok with that.

Quote by X:
Alpha, Alizarin's escaped! Find me a team of five TDottlers with attitude!

12-22-2009 12:03 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Amy Winehouse

How is this woman not dead.

Seriousky, its pretty baffling.

edit: Oh awesome, Aliz came back. Hi aliz whats up

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

12-22-2009 12:42 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Mav:

As I've said before, theres very few reasons not to nuke England.

This list just makes there be one more reason I like the idea.

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Alizarin:

12-22-2009 2:52 PMManchester Devil is offline Send an Email to Manchester Devil Homepage of Manchester Devil Search for Posts by Manchester Devil Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Wait, people here take and pay attention to this crap?

At least Rage Against The Machine's "Killing in the Name of" being the UK Christmas No.1 single of 2009, beating Simon Cowell's chosen karaoke singer, is very amusing.

R.I.P. Mother: 14/01/1955 - 03/04/2017

R.I.P. Brother: 22/01/1981 - 03/12/2018

Quote:
Originally posted by Sharp
It gets weirder too. I just realized...if..if he nailed her he technically had sex with everything and everyone on the internet. Including this forum.

Except he ALSO posts on this forum....so....so then is it masturbation? This is fucking trippy, how did I not realize this before.

Quote:
Originally posted by Holly
Your computer magically produces hentai?!

12-22-2009 5:36 PMMav is offline Send an Email to Mav Homepage of Mav Search for Posts by Mav Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

wait, that actually happened? I remember reading about that, but i thought the nuts doing that had failed

Dammit Mav, you're Gay

Quote by Alizarin:

Quote by Daveh:
I thought of you and my cock got as hard as a diamond, the rope stood no chance D:

12-22-2009 11:03 PMIron Savior is offline Send an Email to Iron Savior Search for Posts by Iron Savior Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Cool, we can get some 'experts' to come in and rattle off popular music.

I totally care.

Gitaroo Man - Tainted Lovers

12-23-2009 1:38 AMManchester Devil is offline Send an Email to Manchester Devil Homepage of Manchester Devil Search for Posts by Manchester Devil Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Yeah Mav, RATM did get to be Christmas No.1.

BBC News - Rage Against the Machine beat X Factor winner in charts

As Doc Brown said in Back to the Future, "You're going to see some serious shit."

Quote:
It gets weirder too. I just realized...if..if he nailed her he technically had sex with everything and everyone on the internet. Including this forum.

Except he ALSO posts on this forum....so....so then is it masturbation? This is fucking trippy, how did I not realize this before.

Quote:

12-23-2009 2:43 AMMav is offline Send an Email to Mav Homepage of Mav Search for Posts by Mav Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

all i really have to say to that is Laughing Out Loud

Dammit Mav, you're Gay

Quote by Alizarin:

Quote by Daveh:

12-23-2009 10:15 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Sooo... they want to overthrow a very stale pop monopoly by inserting things like Rick Astley and RATM. Uh huh. This males a ton of sense....

PS no it doesn't.

I wonder how the fuck.
12-23-2009 10:44 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I know, they could have chosen something good instead of a laughingstock.

Since you don't know, X. Rage Against the Machine as implied by their name, are against the MAN. And naturally who listens to them most? The implied "man", aka middle/upper class whites.

I'm not saying they are a shitty band (even though I really do not like Rocha's singing, and don't like the wah wah), I'm saying they're fucking Durrrr....

As said by one of the best SA article writers ever (who naturally doesn't post anymore cause SA sucks)

Quote by Dr. David Thorpe:
Dust off your vaguely-comprehended Guevara t-shirts, collegiate trust-fund Rastas: Rage is reuniting to play Coachella! Those who hunger for the dry, chewy bran of farm labor protests and Latin American political struggles can once again fill their bellies with the words of Zack de la Rocha, who is desperate to tell you everything that's wrong with the world and exactly who you can throw bottles at to fix it. Fans of Tom Morello, the human pickup toggle switch, can once again hear the subtly showboating buzzsaw antics that grew so very, very tiresome all those years ago.

inb4 hurrr they are best trolls
12-23-2009 12:18 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

The mars volta article was wonderful ("The 'kiosk in your mind' is a fucking sunglasses hut")

Quote by Alizarin:

12-23-2009 1:57 PMD is offline Send an Email to D Search for Posts by D Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by X:

Since you don't know, X. Rage Against the Machine as implied by their name, are against the MAN. And naturally who listens to them most? The implied "man", aka middle/upper class whites.

I'm not saying they are a shitty band (even though I really do not like Rocha's singing, and don't like the wah wah), I'm saying they're fucking Durrrr....

As said by one of the best SA article writers ever (who naturally doesn't post anymore cause SA sucks)

Quote by Dr. David Thorpe:
Dust off your vaguely-comprehended Guevara t-shirts, collegiate trust-fund Rastas: Rage is reuniting to play Coachella! Those who hunger for the dry, chewy bran of farm labor protests and Latin American political struggles can once again fill their bellies with the words of Zack de la Rocha, who is desperate to tell you everything that's wrong with the world and exactly who you can throw bottles at to fix it. Fans of Tom Morello, the human pickup toggle switch, can once again hear the subtly showboating buzzsaw antics that grew so very, very tiresome all those years ago.

inb4 hurrr they are best trolls

Rocha doesn't sing, FYI

12-23-2009 2:01 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

See I'm not sure if he's serious, and it's actually a different guy...or...this is a comment on the singing...

This is why the world needs that cymbal crash thing in it.

Quote by Alizarin:

12-23-2009 2:35 PMMav is offline Send an Email to Mav Homepage of Mav Search for Posts by Mav Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by X:

not really. when you think about it, RATM is probably the only thing that could've succeeded in this campaign. as a song, "Killing in the Name" pretty succinctly embodies the message the campaigners were trying to send: fuck you stupid reality tv show stop dominating the charts.

granted there's apparently more history behind this than we Americans would be aware of, apparently the race-for-the-christmas-top-single is some sort of tradition in the UK or something? despite the fact that 99% of the time the single is god-awful? (insert joke about how RATM winning preserves this tradition)

Dammit Mav, you're Gay

Quote by Alizarin:

Quote by Daveh:

12-23-2009 2:45 PMManchester Devil is offline Send an Email to Manchester Devil Homepage of Manchester Devil Search for Posts by Manchester Devil Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Yeah, Mav more or less gets the idea. We Brits like to fuss over the No.1 spot at Christmas because we used to have the chart show "Top of the Pops" on the BBC until very recently.

Never mind the fact I think RATM are a band for fools who think wearing a t-shirt with Che Guevara's face on it and breeing for legal weed gives them the ultimate middle finger against THE MAN! Never mind the fact that RATM are on Sony's (well known for their support of Lik-Sag) Epic record label.

But then, people would argue that is irrevelant to giving Simon Cowell a chart kicking.

Quote:

Quote:

12-23-2009 3:28 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
breeing for legal wedd

How the hell is having kids going to make jazz cigarettes not schedule 3

Quote:
But then, people would argue that is irrevelant to giving Simon Cowell a chart kicking.

So, you guys used to be the dominant naval power...and now this is happening

Quote by Alizarin:

12-23-2009 10:12 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Mav:
despite the fact that 99% of the time the single is god-awful? (insert joke about how RATM winning preserves this tradition)

Exactly

This is why it's so Durrrr... and sad. "bawwwww shitty music on the charts LETS PUT SOME MORE SHITTY MUSIC ON IT AND MAKE A STATEMENT"

Pages (2): [1] 2 next » « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Maestro - Music  » 1001