What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » G.L.C., 860,630 Points.  » Love Twin Peaks? Got a 360? Play Deadly Premonition.» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 next » ... last »Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Love Twin Peaks? Got a 360? Play Deadly Premonition.
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
02-26-2010 2:00 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I'll be straight out. This game ripped off Twin Peaks so badly they actually had to change the characters slightly to avoid being sued into the ground.

Behold.

Japanese trailer before changes:

Rainy Woods TGS 2007 trailer

American trailer, post changes:

Deadly Premonition - Greenvale Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWO6ju0ENFc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IN2dPkhIfu0

Poor Sharpie.
02-26-2010 2:31 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by X:
I'll be straight out. This game ripped off Twin Peaks so badly they actually had to change the characters slightly to avoid being sued into the ground.

Behold.

Japanese trailer before changes:

Rainy Woods TGS 2007 trailer

American trailer, post changes:

Deadly Premonition - Greenvale Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWO6ju0ENFc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IN2dPkhIfu0

Poor Sharpie.

Ahahaha the original trailer, wow they pretty much weren't even trying to go for 'subtle homage'

Quote:
Deadly Premonition plays a lot like a cross between a "Grand Theft Auto" title and "Silent Hill".

So...that part in sh1/2 where you're wandering around in the fog except times 10? Awesome

Quote:
Interesting things about driving a vehicle include, the ability to use the turn signals, use of the siren, and the ability to have York chatter to his imaginary friend about various movies he has seen.

Whaaaaaaat

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

02-26-2010 7:39 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
There's also a leaderboard for how many time you shaved IN-GAME . THIS IS GAME OF THE YEAR MATERIAL.

Fucking COCKS

Frank: Some cocks can't be unsucked.

02-26-2010 3:53 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

In the expansion pack you have to fill out warranty cards to unlock extra maps

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Alizarin:

12-17-2013 1:56 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

This game is amazing and everyone should play it

The character development is actually...well, development.

Naturally this image is from a beta I guess, and I suppose a beta never "came out" since it was a 360 game... Would be cool though

12-17-2013 3:17 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I like our York better.
12-17-2013 9:39 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Franziska von Karma:
This game is amazing and everyone should play it

I know but I probably can't run it cause x said so

Quote by Alizarin:

12-18-2013 12:13 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Yeah you'd never be able to get through it, what with the crashing I have to manage.

11/10 game though.

(Yes I said 11)
12-18-2013 12:21 AMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

in theory i could download this off psn

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:
Necro: Pfft. You're a useless waste of oxygen.

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
Political Correctness Needs to Stop
08/27/2015

12-18-2013 12:32 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

The crashing?

Quote by Alizarin:

12-18-2013 10:02 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Lang:

If you get a few extra bucks, do it

It seems like a shitty, goofy-ass game at first but develops into something that really grabs you and makes you want to see what the fuck is going on in this insane town

12-18-2013 12:34 PMCONFUSED.com is offline Send an Email to CONFUSED.com Search for Posts by CONFUSED.com Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

This looks relevant to my interests.
12-18-2013 12:44 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

The combat is pathetically easy, but it's more about wandering around town (York can even peep into windows if you want) and figuring out who the killer is

12-18-2013 2:28 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Lang:

If you get a few extra bucks, do it

It seems like a shitty, goofy-ass game at first but develops into something that really grabs you and makes you want to see what the fuck is going on in this insane town

i donmt have the money now, but that isnt the issue

my HD is getting full

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

12-18-2013 2:58 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

The PS3 version is horrid, supposedly...
12-18-2013 5:56 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Well so is the PC version, unless you patch it, and even then it's a hassle.

But the hassle is worth it.

Quote:
my HD is getting full

You can't re-download the games...? Like, delete ones that are sorta meh and re DL later?

I guess Wii isn't like that either though.

12-18-2013 7:11 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

i could do that

its just more a hassle to figure out what are the biggest items on my ps2 Laughing Out Loud

i deleted warriors orochi off my ps3 the other day because it was 11 gb

i have a bunch of ps1 games on it but they take up hardly any room

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

12-19-2013 12:08 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

OH
MY
GOD
THIS
GAME
I ACTUALLY WANT TO PAY FOR IT

12-19-2013 3:52 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I heard somewhere this was basically a late-gen ps2 game that got held back and sort of redone slightly to work on ps3 at the last minute, and that explains the crashes?

Somebody on like the steam forums was saying they ran it on kind of a beater of a comp. It's hard to find anything really aside from people crying "THE RESOLUTION ISN'T PERFECT ;_; MAH GRAPHIX" it seems

Quote by Alizarin:

12-19-2013 6:59 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

The combat is pathetically easy, but it's more about wandering around town (York can even peep into windows if you want) and figuring out who the killer is

What initially drove me off, aside from x's admonitions, is I heard there were lots of quick time events?

Cause watching the stream he was doing I didn't seem to notice any...

Quote by Alizarin:

Pages (4): [1] 2 3 next » ... last »« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » G.L.C., 860,630 Points.  » Love Twin Peaks? Got a 360? Play Deadly Premonition.