What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Coffee Table Book - Writings  » Stephanie Meyer is everything wrong with literature/mormons» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (9): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 next » ... last »Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Stephanie Meyer is everything wrong with literature/mormons
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
06-02-2010 2:20 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

So, uh... what was in Atlanta?
06-02-2010 2:25 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

ted turner?

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:
Necro: Pfft. You're a useless waste of oxygen.

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
Political Correctness Needs to Stop
08/27/2015

06-02-2010 2:33 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

D they still seem unclear on the plan, get the graph

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

06-02-2010 3:54 PMD is offline Send an Email to D Search for Posts by D Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

09-07-2010 7:38 AMNine XXVI is offline Send an Email to Nine XXVI Search for Posts by Nine XXVI Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I just want to add that I did time in Utah last year. Let's just call it my 'lost weekend.' Instead of Ray Milland going on a bender, replace bender with 'Mormon wedding'.

Anyway, it really hit me when I went to my "brother's" brother's place where he lives with his wife and I saw a Breaking Dawn copy in the bookshelf. I picked it up, was about to ask why the fuck they had it and I realized I knew the answer was staring at me.

It's cause they're Mormon, and that I was in Dese- I mean, Utah.

...tell me, on a scale of 1 - 10, how much have you missed my film references? I gotta know, XD
Peace.

09-07-2010 8:19 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Well it was kind of awkward to have Sharp spouting tv refs and no film ones to go with

Also how did you survive after a mormon wedding?

David Lynch: A lot of artists think they want anger. But a real, strong, bitter anger occupies the mind, leaving no room for creativity.

09-07-2010 8:24 AMNine XXVI is offline Send an Email to Nine XXVI Search for Posts by Nine XXVI Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Dr Tenma:
Well it was kind of awkward to have Sharp spouting tv refs and no film ones to go with

Also how did you survive after a mormon wedding?

So like, having a someone go down on someone else and NOT returning the favor? Yeah, that would be fucking awkward.

And I didn't! Since I'm not Mormon, I didn't get to go to the ACTUAL wedding, just the reception which was fine as well. So yeah, I missed a bullet on that one. Or a you know, golden tablet, whichever.
Peace.

09-07-2010 8:27 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Nine XXVI:
So like, having a someone go down on someone else and NOT returning the favor? Yeah, that would be fucking awkward.

Happens to me enough Laughing Out Loud

Also yeah that's the bonus of mormon weddings I guess. You aren't even allowed into the awful fucking church

David Lynch: A lot of artists think they want anger. But a real, strong, bitter anger occupies the mind, leaving no room for creativity.

09-07-2010 8:32 AMNine XXVI is offline Send an Email to Nine XXVI Search for Posts by Nine XXVI Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Dr Tenma:
Quote by Nine XXVI:

Happens to me enough Laughing Out Loud

Also yeah that's the bonus of mormon weddings I guess. You aren't even allowed into the awful fucking church

Gawd, I have been gone a long time!

And yeah, my 'mother' gave my brother and I a tour of the church... BUT ONLY TO A CERTAIN POINT. Like literally, we weren't allowed past the lobby of the fucking joint. I just thought, well how do you inspire people to join your faith if you're so elitist, and the fact that we were two black guys not allowed to go past the lobby....

...I kid, I kid. If anything, it was a really nice lobby.

Also, the reception had NO hard liquor. So yeah, epic fail Mormonism. Then again, I was in FUCKING UTAH. What the hell was I expecting? I should have snuck in a goddamn flask.
Peace.

09-07-2010 8:34 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Believe me, NO one is allowed past there

They make me sick man, fucking cult

09-07-2010 8:40 AMNine XXVI is offline Send an Email to Nine XXVI Search for Posts by Nine XXVI Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Lol, I know, I just couldn't resist make the joke XD

But yeah, a lot of shit over there wasn't cosher. I mean, they're practically my family and we were celebrating a wedding so yeah I wasn't gonna turn the tables too much, but yeah some shit was just weird. There actually wasn't too much religious shit going on, but more subtle shit I suppose.

....I'm now pissed that there was no booze at the reception though. I went to my best friend's wedding here in June and it was AWESOME. I need to put pictures up of that sometime, I look like an extra from 'Mad Men'.

A KICKASS EXTRA FROM 'MAD MEN'.
Peace.

09-07-2010 8:47 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Mormons are really fucking weird. Even Catholics let anybody in.
09-07-2010 8:48 AMNine XXVI is offline Send an Email to Nine XXVI Search for Posts by Nine XXVI Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

lolcatholics

Nah, you guys are alright, but I know a girl whose Catholic and.... ehhhhhhhhhhhhh.
Peace.

09-07-2010 8:50 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Bahhhh, Catholics are mostly sane. Except when it comes to birth control.
09-07-2010 8:52 AMNine XXVI is offline Send an Email to Nine XXVI Search for Posts by Nine XXVI Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

With my experience over the past two years, I find this to be absolutely true.
Peace.

09-07-2010 12:17 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

They're an undeveloped fetus, who cares

Who remembers time in the womb, raise your hand

09-07-2010 1:20 PMNine XXVI is offline Send an Email to Nine XXVI Search for Posts by Nine XXVI Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Dr Tenma:
They're an undeveloped fetus, who cares

Who remembers time in the womb, raise your hand

You try telling Tammany Hall.... I mean, the Catholic Church that!
Peace.

09-07-2010 2:24 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I know, I remember the pope coming to DC and everything was fine until he mentioned unborn children, then I changed the channel

09-07-2010 7:31 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Because these babby cant frigt back (it was on the news this mroning, a mother in ar..)

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

09-07-2010 7:36 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Honestly, I can understand their logic.

At what point do you get to say you're not murdering a living organism for your personal comfort, as happens in most middle-class abortions? It's a very difficult question, and they do have a point.
Pages (9): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 next » ... last »« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Coffee Table Book - Writings  » Stephanie Meyer is everything wrong with literature/mormons