What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Coffee Table Book - Writings  » Stephanie Meyer is everything wrong with literature/mormons» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (9): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] 5 6 next » ... last »Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Stephanie Meyer is everything wrong with literature/mormons
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
09-07-2010 7:38 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

We're all sorry your sister went to term, but dwelling on it gets us nowhere

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

09-07-2010 7:40 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

ALAS THE MORAL QUANDARY
09-08-2010 9:51 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Johan Liebert:
Honestly, I can understand their logic.

At what point do you get to say you're not murdering a living organism for your personal comfort, as happens in most middle-class abortions? It's a very difficult question, and they do have a point.

...personal comfort?

Laughing Out Loud

I know a chick who was RAEPd, impregnated, and had to carry the baby to term because she lives in godforsaken Utah. She gave it up for adoption. She had to go through 9 months of hell (and the rest of her life, really) because of dumb fucks like these.

I love killing fetuses. I think it's great and should be done more often

Descartes: An optimist may see a light where there is none, but why must the pessimist always run to blow it out?

09-08-2010 1:29 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Dr Tenma:

"As far back as I can remember, I wanted to be an abortionist"

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Alizarin:

09-08-2010 3:06 PMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

YOU JUST KILLED THE NEXT BEETHOVEN.

ALTERNATELY, YOU JUST KILLED THE NEXT HITLER.

MORE LIKELY, YOU JUST KILLED SOME KID THAT WILL GROW UP TO BE OF NO CONSEQUENCE IN THE GRAND SCHEME OF HISTORY WHATSOEVER.
09-08-2010 3:11 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I honestly cannot understand that logic

How about the hundreds of thousands of talented people that will never be noticed because they don't have the money/don't know the right people? The "next Beethoven" could already be out there, but naturally who the fuck cares about them cause they're over the age of 9 months amirite?

Descartes: An optimist may see a light where there is none, but why must the pessimist always run to blow it out?

09-08-2010 6:15 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Poorer people don't do abortions, either due to low education or religious upbringing.

Hence why I mentioned middle class people, specifically middle/upper-middle class white women. Who probably didn't follow precautions/were drunk at parties/etc. By that, I mean who use it as a form of birth control. There is where I have less sympathy.

In that instance, I can see the logic the church tries to use. At least just admit to yourself you're exchanging a life for your own.

...Then again, who wants to be brought up in a home where that happens. Hm.
09-08-2010 6:42 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Dr Tenma:
[quote="Johan Liebert"]Honestly, I can understand their logic.

At what point do you get to say you're not murdering a living organism for your personal comfort, as happens in most middle-class abortions? It's a very difficult question, and they do have a point.

chicken is a living organism

mmm chicken

what if

what if

wait for it...

fetus tastes like chicken

mmm fetus meat Mmm...

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:
Necro: Pfft. You're a useless waste of oxygen.

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
Political Correctness Needs to Stop
08/27/2015

09-08-2010 6:46 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

who cares why people use abortions these are babies that are unwanted we're not exactly at a deficit of babies

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:
Necro: Pfft. You're a useless waste of oxygen.

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
Political Correctness Needs to Stop
08/27/2015

09-08-2010 7:16 PMD is offline Send an Email to D Search for Posts by D Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Eddie:
who cares why people use abortions these are babies that are unwanted we're not exactly at a deficit of babies

We cannot allow a baby gap.

09-08-2010 7:36 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by D:
Quote by Eddie:

We cannot allow Baby Gap.

09-08-2010 8:07 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Baby Toys 'R Us IS pretty bad.
09-08-2010 10:10 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

..did I mention Toys R Us at all?

No

09-09-2010 8:43 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

The joke was that 'baby' versions of stores suck, dear.
09-09-2010 10:29 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by D:
Quote by Eddie:

We cannot allow a baby gap.

There was an ad for huggies made to look like blue jeans and the ad mentioned something about hipster babies and I swear I just wanted to sneak into a maternity ward and just start handing the babies cuban cigars laced with asebestos

Quote by Alizarin:

09-10-2010 7:23 AMNine XXVI is offline Send an Email to Nine XXVI Search for Posts by Nine XXVI Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Dr Tenma:
Quote by D:
Quote by Eddie:

We cannot allow Baby Gap.

Right on, I thought I was the only one who read it like that.

Quote by Pyramid Head:
Quote by Dr Tenma:

"As far back as I can remember, I wanted to be an abortionist"

*BLARES TONY BENNETT, STARTS THE FILM*
Peace.

09-10-2010 6:12 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

"Yeah go home, and get your fuckin' shinebox shop-vac!"

Quote by Alizarin:

09-22-2010 11:54 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I am starting to think X and I agree on nothing

09-22-2010 2:14 PMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

You both agree that hipsters suck, right? And that his sister has terrible taste in men? And that bagels are good? There's a few things, I'm sure.
09-22-2010 2:34 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I mean the big things, Moose

Religion, abortion, politics, money

Things that make people tear each others throats out

Pages (9): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] 5 6 next » ... last »« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Coffee Table Book - Writings  » Stephanie Meyer is everything wrong with literature/mormons